LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Installed Vais Tech, but still have to hit "I Agree" on annoying nag screen

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-10, 04:45 PM
jyeager
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Vais Tech, but still have to hit "I Agree" on annoying nag screen

I thought that the Vais Tech install would eliminate the nag screen.
Old 04-19-10, 04:55 PM
ayonnebay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jyeager
I thought that the Vais Tech install would eliminate the nag screen.
I don't know what year your car is or what VaisTech unit you installed, but the "I agree" must be programmed in VaisTech "Simple Mode" by you, the user.

In my case with the SL2i in my 04 LS, I had to :

Rapidly press the SCAN button 8 times (Must be done within 1-2 seconds).
Then, push DISC REPEAT until you hear a long beep. (That indicates "I agree Bypass Function" has been toggled either ON or OFF.)

(If no physical DISC REPEAT button, use the REPEAT button.**

Walt

Last edited by ayonnebay; 04-19-10 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-19-10, 05:06 PM
jyeager
Driver School Candidate

I have an '05, SL2i, and the Mark Levinson sound system. The problem is that both the scan, disc repeat, and repeat buttons are all touch screen and not hard buttons. Any suggestions?
Old 04-19-10, 05:48 PM
ayonnebay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jyeager
The problem is that both the scan, disc repeat, and repeat buttons are all touch screen and not hard buttons. Any suggestions?
VaisTech says that the SCAN button doesn't have to be a physical button. Tap it 8 times (a little hard to do), and then use the REPEAT on the screen to toggle the feature On/OFF. That should work.

See if that works. If not, go to VaisTech website, and then read their Forums section for SL2i. There you can log on and ask them to help you out. Try using the virtual screen buttons first, though.

Walt
Old 04-19-10, 06:24 PM
jyeager
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Walt.
Old 04-19-10, 07:22 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I was not able to get rid of "I Agree" by following the instructions. They are incomplete. I found this out by again calling VaisTech support. It was even difficult talking to them.

Basically what you are to do is to activate the Simple Mode screen, change the deactivate setting, and then close out the Simple Mode screen. However the included instructions don't tell you how to get out of the Simple Mode screen. Without proper exiting, the change fails.

Here's the step-by-step procedure to do this:

1. Activate the Simple Mode screen by opening the MD Changer screen and pressing SCANN button (on the screen) 8 times within 2 seconds.
2. Press the DISC REPEAT button to hear the long beep.
3. Now comes the part they didn't put in their instructions. You must get out of the Simple Mode. It is done just like getting into the Simple Mode. Press the SCANN button 8 times within 2 seconds. Apparently the VaisTech technicians assumed that everyone would understand that and it wasn't necessary to include in their instructions.

Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
bjchilds1 (12-19-21)
Old 04-20-10, 09:26 AM
StanVanDam
Instructor

Received 201 Likes on 150 Posts

There's also a typo in the manual. I raised the issue with them the other day - http://www.vaistech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1450
Old 04-20-10, 08:16 PM
poopsnack
Driver School Candidate

I got my VML MultimedialinQ installed today and now when I turn the car on, the blue tooth will stop the music after about 8 seconds, and just go to a blank call. Not making calls, none receiving. So now I have to turn the phone off on the nav screen after turning the car on. I tried re-pairing the phone with the car after deleting the phone from the car's bluetooth... no such luck. Even did the 'turn the lights on and off three times' and then turned the sending and receiving levels to 3... no luck. Sucks. Everything worked fine with the blue tooth in the car, even today... until the viastech was installed.

EDIT: The Viastech has rendered my bluetooth useless. After I hit the 'hang up' button to listen to the radio again 9the car automatically puts the call screen up a couple seconds after pairing) then if I make a call it doesn't go to my ML system. The radio continues to play, and only after i shut the car off will I have audio back in my Blackberry speaker.

Last edited by poopsnack; 04-21-10 at 06:00 AM.
Old 07-31-10, 01:51 PM
Oldguys
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did Poopsnack ever get his phone to work? Inquiring Multimedialinq owners want to know before they fiddle with the system to get rid of the nag screen.
Old 10-27-14, 04:38 AM
Bob04
Pole Position

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by jayclapp
I was not able to get rid of "I Agree" by following the instructions. They are incomplete. I found this out by again calling VaisTech support. It was even difficult talking to them.

Basically what you are to do is to activate the Simple Mode screen, change the deactivate setting, and then close out the Simple Mode screen. However the included instructions don't tell you how to get out of the Simple Mode screen. Without proper exiting, the change fails.

Here's the step-by-step procedure to do this:

1. Activate the Simple Mode screen by opening the MD Changer screen and pressing SCANN button (on the screen) 8 times within 2 seconds.
2. Press the DISC REPEAT button to hear the long beep.
3. Now comes the part they didn't put in their instructions. You must get out of the Simple Mode. It is done just like getting into the Simple Mode. Press the SCANN button 8 times within 2 seconds. Apparently the VaisTech technicians assumed that everyone would understand that and it wasn't necessary to include in their instructions.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for this. Worked great on my MML. I had forgotten about this because I thought I read somewhere that it didn't work with the 04 and up LS430s, but it did after trying your instructions. Cool feature.
Old 10-28-14, 10:27 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Make sure the SCAN button is OFF when pressing 8 times within 2 secs. If it is ON, it will not work to get in and out of the installation mode.
Old 10-28-14, 11:39 AM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 675 Likes on 462 Posts

The trick is to get in and out of the "Simple Mode" - the procedures are the same: Press "SCAN" rapidly 8 times.
When you first press the "AUDIO" button located to the right of the screen, the MD Changer playlist will come up. Locate the "SCAN" button on the screen and press it rapidly 8 times. If done correctly, the VaisTech will switch to the "SIMPLE MODE" screen (if not, just press "AUDIO" and start again). Locate the "DISC RPT" button on the screen and press it once. You will hear a long beep. Now, locate the "SCAN" button on the screen and press it rapidly 8 times to get out of the "SIMPLE MODE". If done properly, the VaisTech will switch back to the playlist screen (if not, repeat the 8 "SCAN" presses). YOU ARE DONE!!! Next time you start your car, the VaisTech will press the "I Agree" button for you after 15 seconds. This will work even if your Audio is off.

Illustrated above is VaisTech SoundLinQ SL2i installed in a 2004 LS430, based on jayclapp's step-by-step procedures.

Last edited by rkw77080; 10-29-14 at 08:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bjchilds1 (12-19-21)
Old 02-08-16, 11:49 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the clarification RKW, that procedure works %100. And yes, I got my MML, it was about damn time ;D

Really though, the sound quality of Apple Music playing through the Markin Levinson system is just beyond me at this moment. I don't understand why someone would prefer another system. Just superb quality and OEM system integration.

I'll name it the #1 mod. You need to get the MML the second you lay hands on an LS430.
Old 02-08-16, 12:02 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Hurray, KING! Finally, you did it ...
Old 02-08-16, 12:02 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Where is your USB connection for the MML?

Quick Reply: Installed Vais Tech, but still have to hit "I Agree" on annoying nag screen