LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

who likes Blue Onyx Pearl?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-10, 10:37 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Cypress, briarwood, and black cherry were three of the rarest colors on the 04-06 LS430. From my research of LS430s listed on Autotrader nationwide, blue onyx was moderately popular, more prevalent than gold but less than white. The most popular colors were black (by a large margin) followed by silver and flint mica (about tied), and then the whites.
I really do have yet to see another flint mica on the road. As far as I know, you're the only other person in the state with one. I've seen silver, blue onyx, and cypress (from what I can recall from recent memory) and a few white ones. I have yet to see briarwood or black cherry in person. Before seeing my car, I had never seen flint mica on the LS either.
Old 11-04-10, 10:43 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Funny when I had Flint 430 they were far few and between to see one, now I see them all the time.
Old 11-04-10, 10:48 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I see very few LS430s on the road. There is another flint mica I occasionally see on I-96 in the mornings headed toward Lansing. (It's not CarGuy unless he looks really old for his age.) Thsre is a black one I see around Howell occasionally. That's about it.
Old 11-04-10, 05:57 PM
David M
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only seen *one* advertised during that year but it was sold before I could call the vendor! Guess someone was really quick on the draw but sometimes they get sold before the ad even gets published.
Old 11-04-10, 06:34 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Originally Posted by David M
I've only seen *one* advertised during that year but it was sold before I could call the vendor! Guess someone was really quick on the draw but sometimes they get sold before the ad even gets published.
I called all Lexus dealers and high end used car dealers within a few hundred miles and asked them to call me when they got a car in that fit my needs. I also expanded my Autotrader, cars.com, and Lexus CPO search nationwide.
Old 12-02-10, 11:03 PM
tomsls
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kg19989
Who likes it? Who doesn't!!!! You REALLY need chrome wheels with BOP though. My ES is BOP with chromes... I get more compliments in that car than any car I have ever owned.

In the ES it is called Black Sapphire Pearl though...
Here's a picture of my 2004 Ultra Blue Onyx back in the day. It was just as hard as black to keep clean but looked good when it was. Chrome wheels too!
Attached Thumbnails who likes Blue Onyx Pearl?-img_2516.jpg  
Old 12-14-10, 11:32 PM
aypues
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

WOW, what a great color! I was in total amazement yesterday when I saw one pull out of the parking garage at the mall here in San Diego. It was a beautiful, sunny 80 degree day (rare) and the sun shone on the paint so perfectly. The car itself was totally clean and polished, and the blue color was SO intense and perfect. It had the 5 spoke chrome wheels to top it off. This is my new favorite color for the LS430!
The following users liked this post:
DJB04LS430 (07-23-21)
Old 12-15-10, 06:14 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Originally Posted by aypues
... here in San Diego. It was a beautiful, sunny 80 degree day (rare) ...
I thought San Diego had almost perfect sunny weather.
Old 12-15-10, 10:51 AM
aypues
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

I thought San Diego had almost perfect sunny weather.
we wont be having any sun for a week or so...our summer was basically crap, cloudy/gloomy and 60's the entire time.
Old 12-15-10, 11:57 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Hey, it's sunny and 22 with a wind chill of 12 here in Michigan. It's the warmest day so far this week. Woohoo, a heat wave! However, every car is the same gray, slushy color.
Old 12-15-10, 12:13 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, it's sunny and 22 with a wind chill of 12 here in Michigan. It's the warmest day so far this week. Woohoo, a heat wave! However, every car is the same gray, slushy color.
Yup! What a wonderful place we live in!!!! It takes me twice as long to get to my classes now, already fallen really hard once....ah it doesn't get much better than this
Old 12-26-10, 03:28 PM
shimmer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by StanVanDam
I like Blue Onyx Pearl. It's dark blue that looks almost black. It's black sometimes, blue other times, depending on how the sun hits it.
you have it?
Old 12-26-10, 03:31 PM
shimmer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jimbosr1
i clean mine every day!
LOL! i kno wat u mean! i hate it when it rains and you just washed it.then it gets alllllll dirty again sigh.... its hard to maintain a car! but you end up not regretting it after it sparkles in the sunlight! oh, the things we do for our cars! mabey too much??
Old 12-28-10, 01:40 PM
CPMD
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know it's the LS subforums, but I have a blue onyx pearl (8p8) 02 GS300...with black interior. It's the best color combo (and most rare) IMHO. Everybody has black or silver ext. I've bought it in 08, and haven't seen the same color combo since! It's really a gorgeous color, and at night, looks black. I put a pic on CL of the car on the forum.
Old 05-06-17, 11:39 AM
Dubb1992
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by intermec
so anyone has 01-03 on Blue Onyx Pearl?

I noticed this is kind of different than the 04 + am I correct?

if you can post your, that will be great. thanks

Quick Reply: who likes Blue Onyx Pearl?