LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

want to run aftermarket amp. quick question for audio people

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-10, 09:20 AM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All DLS component speakers, dls 5 channel amp, infinity sub, dynamat the whole car + all the wiring.
Old 01-11-10, 07:18 AM
Topshottaz
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by My1998LS40
$4500 for a system, I would like to know what type of components are used. For $1500, I can have a DVD player with GPS, Bluetooth, Iphone, Ipod integrated, all four speakers replaced, one or two subs and one good 5 channel amp or 2 amps.
i spent about that in my system in my car, and i have tvs too
Old 01-11-10, 02:40 PM
wildace
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that must be a bumping system. we should meet up sometime so i can hear it if possible
Old 01-17-10, 12:24 AM
mikepae
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im running 4ga power on the inside and RCAs from the ML sub line through a Stinger SELOC. made a cut in one of the rubber shrouds in the firewall and fed the line through the dash. had to remove the gloveboxes, door steps, and rear seats, rear deck, trunk panels, etc. Pain in the neck for such a basic necessity but the LS430 definately needs an external amp and sub box
Old 01-17-10, 02:40 AM
wildace
Pole Position

im scheduled to go to an audio shop and get it done. guy said it'll take around 2-4 hours so he can take his time taking things off. the labor alone was 120. he said 4ga power will suffice also.
Old 01-17-10, 10:04 AM
Swagga82
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wildace
im scheduled to go to an audio shop and get it done. guy said it'll take around 2-4 hours so he can take his time taking things off. the labor alone was 120. he said 4ga power will suffice also.
well dont want to but into ur biz but i think u should run seperate wire for ur bass amp and one for u high amp.do it one time and get over with it! . right now i have a 0g for my mono block amp and a 4g to my 4channel amp and everything sounds lovely
Old 01-19-10, 08:50 PM
wildace
Pole Position

so pc richards installer guy is a douche. made me wake up early on my day off to tell me that he cant get started till like 1 so call him then. i call him at 12 and tells me 3pm. i show up at 2:15 just to make sure. tells me he should be done with an alarm at 30min. cool me and my friend start killing time looking at the tv's, playing on the massage chairs ect..we manage to kill 2 hours when the guy calls my cellphone and tells me that i need a hi-low converterer (no ****ing duhh). i come back to the shop not happy and ask him if i go get the converter he's still going to do the install. tells me that no he's leaving in an hour. ughh half my day off wasted on this BS. so i cancelled the order got my money back and started looking for a little side shop that would do it for a decent price.

finally ended up finding a small side shop run by an older gentleman. charged me 150, used a very nice fuse box and fuse and we had a nice conversation the whole 3 hours it took him. very pleased to say that i now have some bass to accompany my voice speakers. sounds great finally. next stop a vais adapter!!
Old 01-20-10, 12:18 AM
davvv
Driver

ive got a 4 gauge running through the factory grommet on the passenger side of the engine bay right behind the battery on the inside i just pulled the plastic cover under the dashboard out and fish the wire through without taking out the glovebox its pretty simple for being such a well made car almost everything seemed to be with clips but its all worth it im running a 1800 rms amp and a single 12. i connected the amp through the rear subwoofer with a hi/lo converter because the input is already mono because of the mark levinson amp.

im also running polk coaxials in the front and rear with the stock dash tweeters and i have to say wen i go into a 6 floor underground parkin lot u could hear me on the bottom

even cops roll up and say "u have a very nice sound system but can u please turn it down"

THEY ASK ME IF I WOULD TURN IT DOWN!!!!
where im from cops are horibble and they pull you over for anything.

If you guys have basic knowledge of wiring and audio you could do it. it might be a intimidating car but its pretty easy to work with..

i can post a picture of where i ran the wire through if anyone needs it.
Old 01-20-10, 01:02 AM
wildace
Pole Position

are u running the polk coaxials on the stock amps? whats the rms rating on them and was it an improvement?
Old 01-20-10, 05:39 PM
wildace
Pole Position

................now im upset. the line output converter melted......stunk up my car and now the system doesnt work. used another one and this one worked for 10 minutes. wtf is the problem?!?!?
Old 01-21-10, 01:44 AM
davvv
Driver

im running 6.5" Polk db651 coaxials in the doors but only the woofers play since the stock speakers have a crossover.

they are running 60 watts rms at 4 ohms.

im just waiting for some money so i could get a 3sixty.2 to get rid of my LOC and get an amp on my Polks.

How did you connect the LOC that it keeps getting messed up?