LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

This LS430 forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-09, 09:30 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default This LS430 forum

Just wanted to say that this forum is really getting pretty good! I've been around since 2005 when I bought my first LS430. Back then there was rarely any "enthusiast" type content except for those who were simply enthusiastic about the quality and comfort of these cars (nothing at all wrong with that). In the past year or so I've really noticed that more car enthusiast types have discovered the LS430 and I'm thinking that it will develop a strong following in the years to come. It really is an awesome car.

That is all.
Old 05-05-09, 09:53 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I as a newbie have noticed your contributions as well as others enhancing the board as well. Have noticed I'm perusing more and more and finding stuff to comment on. Great going everyone.
Old 05-05-09, 10:03 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Excellently excellent...

Originally Posted by BlackUltra
And I as a newbie have noticed your contributions as well as others enhancing the board as well. Have noticed I'm perusing more and more and finding stuff to comment on. Great going everyone.

excellent to that. I have been on here since I think 2004, but it was more on the RX because that's what I had at the time (and still do). I never went into other pages because just never did. The LS page to me was a page for old foggies to hang around and talk about golfing and how their cars are so great, blah blah.

Then when I was about to get my LS and I started looking around, found the forum was full of young guys, some kids, mod'ig their cars, having fun, and giving some good opinions. So far, only one person is an admitted old foggie, but I'm sure he's young at heart.

Anyway, I agree that this and the RX forum are both great and I'm sure the GS and IS, ES etc. are too. I hope to be here for many years to come and then eventually one day being one of the old foggies. Hopefully I will have graduated to the LS460 forum (or LS500 by then...)
Old 05-05-09, 11:50 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have to credit much of the forums success to the helpful members and matured responses. We don't have 90% of the issues most forums deal with from name calling and rude commentary.

I've noticed the base has grown tremendously over the past two years. I remember when all the LS models were in the same forum, there was hardly any LS430 traffic at all. So a thank you goes out to all those who contributed to make the forum better by answering questions and assisting newer members with knowledgeably information
Old 05-05-09, 11:59 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah this ls430 forum really beats the 2gs forum on a maturity level for sure. i had a gs400 before and although you could probably find out much more detailed info about the 2nd gen gs from that forum you (or me in this case) had to deal with much more silly and non productive comments. i have noticed that this ls430 forum is just starting to reach its stride, i just hope with this increase in newer/younger (i guess i sort of fall into this category, the under 30 crowd) members that all the negativity and bashing doesn't follow suit (notice i don't have a sig block, i too got caught up in the arguing once).
Old 05-05-09, 12:09 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Default thanks to the MODERATORS too! :)

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
I have to credit much of the forums success to the helpful members and matured responses. We don't have 90% of the issues most forums deal with from name calling and rude commentary.
I hear that!......it's just like when we BUY these cars...the owners tend to be very mature, responsible, educated, and civilized! Of course, let's not forget the great job and time spent that all the MODERATORS do here!
Old 05-05-09, 12:59 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

There are some great guys here willing to help, and a wealth of infomation that is shared. While everybody is going crazy of over Twitter and MyFace, i have found myself addicted to thie LS430 forum. I thank everyone for that helped me, also creating some nice write ups!
Old 05-05-09, 02:10 PM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

OK can anyone tell me where to go to get what the "Driver levels" are in posting.
Old 05-05-09, 02:33 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, I think this forum is great too. I started around the mid 1990's with online automobile forums/mailing lists/blogs. My first was a Mercedes forum. The knowledge of some of the older members was nothing short of amazing. I got to know some very intelligent and interesting people; sadly some of which aren't around today. What is interesting is each forum has it's own personality, even those devoted to the same car. At first I did not understand why there were not any Lexus forums, but then realized it's a car with a young pedigree. These cars also don't seem to have all the problems we dealt with back in the 1980's and 1990's with our Mercedes.
After buying a Lexus I was glad to discover there were a number of Lexus forums on line today. I don't recall having belonged to an automobile forum made up of such a diverse group. I for one am very thankful for this forum especially since I live in such a rural area.
Old 05-05-09, 03:49 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

OK can anyone tell me where to go to get what the "Driver levels" are in posting.
GREAT question. I wondered the same thing after I first registered on this board. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those "driver level" ratings by peoples id's are represenative on the # of posts they submitted...soo...the more you post, the more experienced "driver level" will be displayed next to your id.

Of course, as we all know...the # of posts does not necessarily represent that you're posting a more useful amount of information.
Old 05-05-09, 04:39 PM
hoonunya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

main forum of site questions and suggestions

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...d-problems-14/

search driving school candidate or such and you'll find this table:

Driver School Candidate (Minimum Posts: 0)
Rookie (Minimum Posts: 50)
Driver (Minimum Posts: 100)
Pole Position (Minimum Posts: 200)
Lead Lap (Minimum Posts: 400)
Lexus Test Driver (Minimum Posts: 800)
Lexus Champion (Minimum Posts: 1600)
Lexus Fanatic (Minimum Posts: 5000)
Old 05-05-09, 04:46 PM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hoonunya
main forum of site questions and suggestions

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...d-problems-14/

search driving school candidate or such and you'll find this table:

Driver School Candidate (Minimum Posts: 0)
Rookie (Minimum Posts: 50)
Driver (Minimum Posts: 100)
Pole Position (Minimum Posts: 200)
Lead Lap (Minimum Posts: 400)
Lexus Test Driver (Minimum Posts: 800)
Lexus Champion (Minimum Posts: 1600)
Lexus Fanatic (Minimum Posts: 5000)
Thank you for helping a newbie .... was wondering if it was a deep dark secret.
Old 05-05-09, 04:53 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is cool to know, i never saw it anywhere before (didn't really look to hard) but yeah great question. i guess i will be a champion here soon, yeshhhhhh!!! j/k
Old 05-05-09, 06:59 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
I hear that!......it's just like when we BUY these cars...the owners tend to be very mature, responsible, educated, and civilized! Of course, let's not forget the great job and time spent that all the MODERATORS do here!
Thank you. I really enjoy this forum and the member interaction. Clublexus as a whole is very different from other forums, and the LS forums more specifically is above and beyond in the high level of dealing and courtesy.

Thats a very nice Avatar, from a fellow UL owner to another
Old 05-05-09, 08:15 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Well, when the car came out only the OLD RICH guys had them and they never liked to modify the cars.... now that they are in an affordable 20 -30k range all the tuners are buying them and modding them!!

Quick Reply: This LS430 forum