LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Anyone got pics of LS430 on Eibach or Tanabe lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-09, 08:52 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I am still waiting for the pcitures.
Old 04-20-09, 09:08 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Yeah, I am still waiting for the pcitures.
Yeah I know, it is just pointless to post pic right now without the backseats in, it very much look like this right now

Old 04-20-09, 10:38 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

you still haven't put the seats back??
Old 04-21-09, 09:38 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

you still haven't put the seats back??
Not yet, one of the cooling seat's plastic air duct was pinched, so I ordered a new one, it is coming from Japan, it won't be here for another 2 weeks.

I don't want to put the seat back in until I got that duct.
Old 05-18-09, 02:39 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS430 on LSportline Springs (Eibach)

I apologize about the delay in posting these pics... I've just recently recovered from a double hernia surgery and while I was out my computer got infected and had to be repaired. Wiped out all the original pics so I had to go out and take new ones... here's the LS with the LSportline Springs. I will say that as time as gone by it seems to be settling down. It's not too low but I can't tell a difference in the ride quality but the handling is significantly better than before.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone got pics of LS430 on Eibach or Tanabe lowering springs?-ls430r-007.jpg  
Old 05-18-09, 04:04 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice!

I see you painted the inside of your headlights too.
Old 05-19-09, 11:47 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

04_LS_430R, thank you for remembering to post the pic, your car looks lower then my Tanabe NF210 springs, but it could very well because you got bigger wheels, or pics sometime looks different then reality.

Either way, your car looks great and I appreciate you posting the pic to let me see how it looks on Eibach
Old 05-19-09, 02:27 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BNR34
04_LS_430R, thank you for remembering to post the pic, your car looks lower then my Tanabe NF210 springs, but it could very well because you got bigger wheels, or pics sometime looks different then reality.

Either way, your car looks great and I appreciate you posting the pic to let me see how it looks on Eibach

I don't know how long ago you had your Tanabe's installed but I will say that I've had mine on for over a month and drive the hell out of her... it's gotten lower as time as gone by. I would say they've "settled" down as the weight has forced them too. It's not too low but it's low enough to be noticeable and the car handles much more aggressively. To top it off, I can hardly notice a difference in the ride!
Old 08-05-09, 11:22 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 04_LS_430R
I don't know how long ago you had your Tanabe's installed but I will say that I've had mine on for over a month and drive the hell out of her... it's gotten lower as time as gone by. I would say they've "settled" down as the weight has forced them too. It's not too low but it's low enough to be noticeable and the car handles much more aggressively. To top it off, I can hardly notice a difference in the ride!
Now after a few months, my car is definitely getting lower over time. Another thing I notice is, since the springs are so soft, the ride height change dramatically with any small change in weight in the car, people sitting in it, fuel tank empty or full, with or without the spare tire in the trunk.

I am perfectly happy with the ride height now, will post more pics when I can, or remember.
Old 08-05-09, 05:31 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Please do, I am thinking about doing the conversion soon now. Not anything wrong with my suspension, but I want a bit more handling than adjustability.
Old 08-05-09, 05:34 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

BTW, Jeff, do you know how much lower can DF210 go?
On the website it says both NF and DF has the same 1' drop for the front?
Old 08-05-09, 05:58 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Please do, I am thinking about doing the conversion soon now. Not anything wrong with my suspension, but I want a bit more handling than adjustability.
Oh man I tell you, I love my car 10 times more after I did the conversion, I took it for a 1st long drive yesterday after the conversion, I absolutely loves it.

I was pretty happy with the air suspension before when I had it, but now that I got this suspension, I realized how bad the air suspension felt. The air suspension is obviously excellent at total isolation, I guess older guys in their50s or 60s really love that. But I think we are still too young to want that.

I wish you live closer so you can try my car.
Old 08-05-09, 06:03 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

BTW, Jeff, do you know how much lower can DF210 go?
On the website it says both NF and DF has the same 1' drop for the front?
Yeah according to Tanabe spec, they both got a 1" drop for the front, the rear got a 0.2" difference, the NF being 0.8" drop. From my observation, they do look about the same, with the DF sit lower on the rear.

Really do keep in mind, the UL is heavier in the back, so you want less drop on the back, unless you are going to do other mods like SS kit or cut the springs, I really recommend the NF. Even with my NF now, the rear sit slightly lower then the front, especially if the gas tank is full. I just took the spare tire out of the car, and with a half tank of gas, the rake is perfect. So I am thinking with the DF, a UL will look like it has a sagging butt. Or you can do the DF and get the SS kit just for the front for a bigger drop.

My NF ride perfect with the OEM sport shock though, not sure if the shock can handle any higher spring rate. But the NF is very soft, so the DF should make it even sportier with the higher spring rate. I was really concern about the ride quality, that's one of the reason I went with the softer NF. The sagging butt issue is my other concern.

Last edited by BNR34; 08-05-09 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-05-09, 11:09 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Exactly what I thought as well, if the front is the same height, I would rather get the NF as I heard you said the rear already sit lower than the front from your previous posts. Just wanna comfirm hoping the DF sits lower on the front as well.
I was going to get full coilover, but since I won't keep the car for long, plus I found a good deal on the OEM sport suspension, I would just get OEM sport shocks with Tanabe springs. I never rode in a LS430 with springs, but I tried my friend's LS430 with coilovers, and the ride is much better. Yeah, I guess we are still young.
Old 08-06-09, 12:32 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

At the end of it, as far as springs height goes, you never know until you put it in. But from looking at pics of other people's car, the front look like the same height.

It is hard to judge from pics also, like I said, a small amount of weight change the height a lot! My car lower a good .25" from filling up an empty gas tank! So with people having different stuff in the car....stereo, subwoofers, different size rims..... it is almost impossible to tell the exact amount of lowering.

Quick Reply: Anyone got pics of LS430 on Eibach or Tanabe lowering springs?