LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

So you guys really dont like 22's on an LS?

Old 07-29-08, 08:27 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok now i gotta question. Everyone keeps sayin drop it, dump it & all that. but wth is that supposed to do? if the rims are damn near touchin the fenders how the hell do you drive like that? One bump and your day is RUINED! IDK maybe its just me. Someone enlighten me.
Old 07-29-08, 09:18 PM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by So Philly1
ok now i gotta question. Everyone keeps sayin drop it, dump it & all that. but wth is that supposed to do? if the rims are damn near touchin the fenders how the hell do you drive like that? One bump and your day is RUINED! IDK maybe its just me. Someone enlighten me.
The means you got the wrong offset for the car Your wheels are suppose to tuck into the fenders, not stick out of them. With the correct offset, you can lower your car pretty much till it touches the ground when you are using a datasystem controller. Just look at some other thread with lowered images. Some here have shaved/modified their fenders to accept a wider range of offset for a custom look. Much cheaper and less work is to get the correct wheel.
Old 07-30-08, 02:55 AM
beangrower
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

run negative camber in the front and rear, radius or roll/pull holy hell out of ur fenders, and dump that biatch to the ground (air or coils).
Old 07-30-08, 03:06 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With the new pics? Sorry, not feeling it. As long as you like it, it's all good.
Old 07-30-08, 06:39 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

How do you guys classify people who don't like that look nor what the setup would do to the on-the-road feel and performance of the car, as haters? The OP posted up asking for opinions. Would we be "free blow-jobbers" if we lied and said we love it when we don't? Maybe something more diplomatic like "if you like it, it's fine with me" would be better all around, but some of us crude insensitive types will give their honest opinions when asked.

Love
Old 07-30-08, 07:29 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmmm.... yeah i dont like it. looks like all those cookie cutter charger's/magnum/300c's except not as good. probably the wheel design itself. i think slammed to the ground, tucking tire, rolled fenders would look much better. the car itself looks very nice though.
jmo...
Old 07-30-08, 07:33 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I agree that one should be honest about what they think, especially if the OP asked but there is a way to do it without being insulting. You can say how you feel without making assumptions about the persons residence or what they may or may not do for a living. That **** ain't cool no matter how much someone is trying to keep it real.

Again i agree if the OP puts themselves up for constructive criticism then they should be able to take that feedback without getting their feelings hurt.
Old 07-30-08, 08:22 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spoken like a true VIP enthusiast.

Originally Posted by beangrower
run negative camber in the front and rear, radius or roll/pull holy hell out of ur fenders, and dump that biatch to the ground (air or coils).
Old 07-30-08, 08:25 AM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by airtime
The means you got the wrong offset for the car Your wheels are suppose to tuck into the fenders, not stick out of them. With the correct offset, you can lower your car pretty much till it touches the ground when you are using a datasystem controller. Just look at some other thread with lowered images. Some here have shaved/modified their fenders to accept a wider range of offset for a custom look. Much cheaper and less work is to get the correct wheel.

Airtime, props for tha info dude but check this the reason why it looks like the offset is backwards is because that wheel needs a hugggge spacer behind it. When i first put it on it damn near destroyed the caliper. So the fronts stick out way more than the rears. Idk maybe i'll do my own research about this droppin thing. Whats the benifits tho? It looks hella hot when the car is parked but driving especially in PHILLY! I know i'd ruin it!!

Originally Posted by Tee
I agree that one should be honest about what they think, especially if the OP asked but there is a way to do it without being insulting. You can say how you feel without making assumptions about the persons residence or what they may or may not do for a living. That **** ain't cool no matter how much someone is trying to keep it real.

Again i agree if the OP puts themselves up for constructive criticism then they should be able to take that feedback without getting their feelings hurt.
And to my big buddy Tee...here'e my offical POLITICALLY CORRECT STATEMENT!! For you guys that dont like the look of my car....thanks for looking but i pay the bill every month not you!! But you guys are more than welcome to pay. Then i'll drop tha ****, put wings on it, and a ******* domino's delivery sign on tha top if you really want me too!!
Old 07-30-08, 08:26 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

22" are way too big for the ls430 PERIOD. It pointless and looks awful. The 22" is probably the reason u can't lower it any more. If your running 30 series tires or higher, you've already exceeded your oem tire sizing.

add runny chrome on a cookie cutter mold and you are brewing a visual disaster.

not hating, just keeping it real. Most of the people who have critiqued your ride are already rolling on multi piece, 5000+ wheels so there is no need to hate, just keeping it real.

Old 07-30-08, 10:10 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
...You can say how you feel without making assumptions about the persons residence or what they may or may not do for a living...
I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anyone was trying to be personally insulting. When terms like ghetto or crack dealer were used, it was to convey an idea of the look as it appeared to us -- not to personally insult the vehicle owner. Kind of like if I install a gun rack in my rear window and asked "how you like mine now?" If someone said, "Looks redneck" I can take it as a personal insult if I want, but they're just words to portray the image that the modification evokes in the minds of those from whom I asked opinions.

Somewhat related to this type of thread, I also feel a strange "responsibility" to call BS on some things that I see on boards like this one. Such as when people install crazy offset 24" wheels and $99.95 tires and claim that the car rides, handles, stops, goes, sounds, just as quiet, smooth, refined, etc as it did when stock. That is simply BS, and this site is not for the purpose of providing mis-information and circle jerks. It is, among other things, for the purpose of providing reliable information to people who are looking for facts and solid advice. If someone wants to make a wild mod to their car, then that's fine, but don't make bogus claims about those mods that others might take as truth. If BS claims are allowed to go un-checked, the site will become worthless as a source of reliable info. Not that I'm the police here or anything, but once in a while I can't NOT speak up.

Last edited by I6turbo; 07-30-08 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-30-08, 11:06 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by I6turbo
I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anyone was trying to be personally insulting. When terms like ghetto or crack dealer were used, it was to convey an idea of the look as it appeared to us -- not to personally insult the vehicle owner. Kind of like if I install a gun rack in my rear window and asked "how you like mine now?" If someone said, "Looks redneck" I can take it as a personal insult if I want, but they're just words to portray the image that the modification evokes in the minds of those from whom I asked opinions.

Somewhat related to this type of thread, I also feel a strange "responsibility" to call BS on some things that I see on boards like this one. Such as when people install crazy offset 24" wheels and $99.95 tires and claim that the car rides, handles, stops, goes, sounds, just as quiet, smooth, refined, etc as it did when stock. That is simply BS, and this site is not for the purpose of providing mis-information and circle jerks. It is, among other things, for the purpose of providing reliable information to people who are looking for facts and solid advice. If someone wants to make a wild mod to their car, then that's fine, but don't make bogus claims about those mods that others might take as truth. If BS claims are allowed to go un-checked, the site will become worthless as a source of reliable info. Not that I'm the police here or anything, but once in a while I can't NOT speak up.
Excellent points and a lot of that is why i love this forum, they are some great guys here with a wealth of knowledge.
Old 07-30-08, 11:21 AM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by I6turbo
Hey I6turbo, I know by the way I'm reading your threads you mean no malice. I'm live within a mile of what is considered "ghetto" in my area so I hear where you are coming from. Where the wheels cost more than the car itself, feeling the bass from 2 blocks away, etc. I personally has gone through that phase myself

Back to the OP thread. I think by geographical area, the looks of the cars differ. In the "dirty south", high riding cars with 24"s are the thing, while others parts, the lowered look is.
Old 07-30-08, 02:04 PM
gs eddy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude, if only your rims spun even when your stopped.
now thats "pimpin." is like your rollin when you really aint!! ....... I say take those puppies back and tell em you wanna see them suckas spin. ..... keep it pimpn!..... watevas!! if you think its hot, is all that matters!...... keep it pimp out there in the Illadelph.
Old 07-30-08, 02:13 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

like the ludacris song "pimpin all over the world".

"if your spinning rims and they spinnin counter clockwise, your are not pimpin!! " LOL

Originally Posted by gs eddy
dude, if only your rims spun even when your stopped.
now thats "pimpin." is like your rollin when you really aint!! ....... I say take those puppies back and tell em you wanna see them suckas spin. ..... keep it pimpn!..... watevas!! if you think its hot, is all that matters!...... keep it pimp out there in the Illadelph.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So you guys really dont like 22's on an LS?