LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430
View Poll Results: setting?
I am so careful, I am driving with normal height.
16.67%
16.67%
33.33%
7 all the way baby!
33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

People with Datasystem, what's the setting when you drive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-10, 10:35 PM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sojah
i just ordered the ss kit today and my normal dsc height is 8.
Hey sojah can you tell me where should i get a data controller shipped to me at a good price?

or does anyone of you have a used one for sale? when we install the dsc do we need to adjust the height sensor or is it just plug and play ?

the language is japanese how do we understand it

and regarding the car lowering at 60mph i have experienced myself it does lower above 60mph in ultra lexus
Old 02-21-10, 10:53 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I now ride 8 front 7 rear.....as daily.......
Old 02-22-10, 06:53 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by diplomacyk
Hey sojah can you tell me where should i get a data controller shipped to me at a good price?

or does anyone of you have a used one for sale? when we install the dsc do we need to adjust the height sensor or is it just plug and play ?

the language is japanese how do we understand it

and regarding the car lowering at 60mph i have experienced myself it does lower above 60mph in ultra lexus
yeah man i will ask my friend who just got his in last week where he ordered his from and the price. i'll see if he can send you some info.

btw i just cut my speed sensor yesterday and i already like the results much more than with it connected.
Old 02-22-10, 06:58 AM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

yeah man i will ask my friend who just got his in last week where he ordered his from and the price. i'll see if he can send you some info.

btw i just cut my speed sensor yesterday and i already like the results much more than with it connected.
Thanks Sojah would appreciate it

btw at what speed is it locked by the factory?
we have plenty of lexus ls430 imported from the US and people are buying it alot rather then the gulf specs as i myself have an american spec i have gone to the speed of 140km/h till now .....
Old 02-22-10, 07:06 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i believe mine is somewhere right around 60 mph (96.5 kmh) with the speed sensor hooked up on the dsc, not sure if without the controller it is the same but i figure it prolly is. what are your normal highway speed limits and normal city speed limits? cuz when i was in japan the normal speed limit was like 40-60 kmh on a normal city street, and the highway was like 80 so in a US spec car you would never even trip the height sensor.
Old 02-22-10, 08:03 AM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

i believe mine is somewhere right around 60 mph (96.5 kmh) with the speed sensor hooked up on the dsc, not sure if without the controller it is the same but i figure it prolly is. what are your normal highway speed limits and normal city speed limits? cuz when i was in japan the normal speed limit was like 40-60 kmh on a normal city street, and the highway was like 80 so in a US spec car you would never even trip the height sensor.
Normal streets/road are 60kmh/80kmh and highways its 100kmh/120kmh but we go more until we see a radar we slow down but i am so stuck up seriously i dont want my money to go in waste ordering a dsc for 640$ shipped as per your friends inbox msg 2 me Thanks 2 him and u2 i read the whole thread but its so confusing the japanese language and how to get it coz it costs with us atleast 2500 Dirhams(640$) so its better i get a used one
Old 02-22-10, 08:44 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by diplomacyk
Normal streets/road are 60kmh/80kmh and highways its 100kmh/120kmh but we go more until we see a radar we slow down but i am so stuck up seriously i dont want my money to go in waste ordering a dsc for 640$ shipped as per your friends inbox msg 2 me Thanks 2 him and u2 i read the whole thread but its so confusing the japanese language and how to get it coz it costs with us atleast 2500 Dirhams(640$) so its better i get a used one
its pretty easy to setup, a few of us on here could help you with that, and airtime did an awesome install thread, which i printed out and had a shop help me with the install. and i think the price is definitely worth it in terms of what it gives me in return. good luck finding a used one, i got mine this way, but i haven't seen to many others out there, very seldom at least.

btw its just plug and play,, nothing fancy just plug in the plugs (getting to the plugs was the only issue for me) and start setting up your presets and select a ride height and watch it go...
Old 02-22-10, 09:37 AM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

its pretty easy to setup, a few of us on here could help you with that, and airtime did an awesome install thread, which i printed out and had a shop help me with the install. and i think the price is definitely worth it in terms of what it gives me in return. good luck finding a used one, i got mine this way, but i haven't seen to many others out there, very seldom at least.

btw its just plug and play,, nothing fancy just plug in the plugs (getting to the plugs was the only issue for me) and start setting up your presets and select a ride height and watch it go...
Dang i wish you would come down here with a data controller i would pay for and help me with the installation
Old 02-22-10, 10:09 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

the only tricky part is taking off the interior under and including the glove box because you have to remove the passenger side wood grain & ac vent via some hidden clips. once you get it off you just unplug some factory plugs and plug in the controller into those plugs then plug in the factory plugs into the back of the controllers plugs that you just plugged in. tis very simple i was just worried about breaking a clip when removing the wood grain and ac vent cuz i have broken lots of clips in previous vehicles and some look fine afterwards but some stick out and don't go back together properly...

take it to a stereo installation shop because they are very familiar with removing these panels to do stereo installations. i paid 1 hours install time and the guy did it in about 45 mins.
Old 02-22-10, 11:42 AM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off topic, but I will be selling my DataSystem ASC680 and a harness ('01~'03) within a month. I will post up a FS thread towards the end of March.
Old 02-22-10, 11:50 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JP2SEA
Off topic, but I will be selling my DataSystem ASC680 and a harness ('01~'03) within a month. I will post up a FS thread towards the end of March.
i know you can buy a different harness and use it on your controller but those things are hard to find for most cuz of the fact that they are on japanese sites,, so jp2sea if you wanted to increase your customer base it would be cool to post up a link to the 04-06 harness off of say yahoo.jp auction site. i think the harness's go for like $115 alone. not a bad deal if you discount your controller for someone ... just a thought.
Old 02-22-10, 01:54 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

i know you can buy a different harness and use it on your controller but those things are hard to find for most cuz of the fact that they are on japanese sites,, so jp2sea if you wanted to increase your customer base it would be cool to post up a link to the 04-06 harness off of say yahoo.jp auction site. i think the harness's go for like $115 alone. not a bad deal if you discount your controller for someone ... just a thought.

Thanks sojah, Sure thing. When I sell mine and some one wants a harness for '04-06, I can always buy one in Japan at discounted price as long as buyer wants to pay for it.
Old 02-22-10, 05:40 PM
wildace
Pole Position

Thanks sojah, Sure thing. When I sell mine and some one wants a harness for '04-06, I can always buy one in Japan at discounted price as long as buyer wants to pay for it.
damn that wouldve been cool 2 months ago lol. not for nothing though i paid about 600 and it was totally worth it!!!
Old 02-22-10, 10:56 PM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

I will wait for your offer but i would need 04-06 harness as i have a 2005 ultra
Old 02-22-10, 11:03 PM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

the only tricky part is taking off the interior under and including the glove box because you have to remove the passenger side wood grain & ac vent via some hidden clips. once you get it off you just unplug some factory plugs and plug in the controller into those plugs then plug in the factory plugs into the back of the controllers plugs that you just plugged in. tis very simple i was just worried about breaking a clip when removing the wood grain and ac vent cuz i have broken lots of clips in previous vehicles and some look fine afterwards but some stick out and don't go back together properly...

take it to a stereo installation shop because they are very familiar with removing these panels to do stereo installations. i paid 1 hours install time and the guy did it in about 45 mins.
Thanks sojah this is helpul

so basically its just plug and play removing the front parts of passenger side as seen in the thread with the write up and pix

so no need to adjust height sensor

Quick Reply: People with Datasystem, what's the setting when you drive?