LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Datasystem Controller Writeup with Pix

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-09, 07:41 PM
supratreo
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

haha thanks for the reply. i've read about those problems but i was talking more along the lines of decreased life of the air bags, compressor.....

would it be worth it to get this instead of say a air force or UAS kit?
Old 09-14-09, 06:21 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i had it to do over again i think i would get an ML and the uas with the added savings of not getting a UL.
Old 09-14-09, 08:45 PM
supratreo
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

well, the air sus. isn't the main reason i want the UL, its everything else. i will also wait a while (for mods) after getting the car so i'll enjoy the factor air.
Old 10-01-09, 05:57 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

wow dude clean car!!
Old 11-25-09, 08:03 AM
tulikirnu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I somehow "fast reset" the controller and the suspension? I lift up my car to (normal mode) last weekend, when it rains 8inches snow.
Now the car is awry to passengerside and it looks really stupid.
the shock absorbers is okay.

and once again sorry my bad english
Old 11-25-09, 11:26 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if your height is uneven due to the stupid (i mean really awesome) datasystems controller the only thing that i have found to fix it is to hit the left down button to have it flash at you to change all 4 of the height settings then put it up 1 or 2 (right side up button) then hit the left bottom button again to lock in the setting. once it has adjusted to this new height and stopped flashing, then reverse the process to set it back at your original lower height setting. once it stops this usually puts them back in sync... also make sure the car is on flat level ground..

this is why i really hate my UL w/ controller... sometimes mine gets all out of sync and it is annoying to fix...

also to reset it all together if you hold the left up button down while the car is off hold the button down and then turn the car on... this puts it back to the first screen where you have to select the celsior > mc choice (if you have an 04-06 ls430) (in japanese it looks something like this """"""" UCF31MC]" セルシオ """""""" then you can select super down mode or regular down mode...

also i used to unplug the smaller plug out of the back and leave it unplugged for a minute or two with the car running and all 4 valve corners will flash then i would plug it back in and raise it up one and then lower it down one to try to get all 4 even again.

good luck man.

Last edited by sojah; 11-25-09 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-25-09, 08:33 PM
tulikirnu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sojah
if your height is uneven due to the stupid (i mean really awesome) datasystems controller the only thing that i have found to fix it is to hit the left down button to have it flash at you to change all 4 of the height settings then put it up 1 or 2 (right side up button) then hit the left bottom button again to lock in the setting. once it has adjusted to this new height and stopped flashing, then reverse the process to set it back at your original lower height setting. once it stops this usually puts them back in sync... also make sure the car is on flat level ground..

this is why i really hate my UL w/ controller... sometimes mine gets all out of sync and it is annoying to fix...

also to reset it all together if you hold the left up button down while the car is off hold the button down and then turn the car on... this puts it back to the first screen where you have to select the celsior > mc choice (if you have an 04-06 ls430) (in japanese it looks something like this """"""" UCF31MC]" セルシオ """""""" then you can select super down mode or regular down mode...

also i used to unplug the smaller plug out of the back and leave it unplugged for a minute or two with the car running and all 4 valve corners will flash then i would plug it back in and raise it up one and then lower it down one to try to get all 4 even again.

good luck man.
Thank you very very much.
Let see what I get done...
Old 03-13-11, 04:03 PM
LucidSnow
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

~HELP~
hey i just received my datasystem this week and now as i post this i am in the middle of installing it right now. anyone can give me tips pointers... where do i route the extended speedsensor wire from the steering wheel ecu to the glovebox? i tried behind dash but theres things in the way . i need some help and advice asap as my car isnt drivable with things disconnected lol
Old 03-14-11, 12:49 PM
LucidSnow
Rookie

thanks thawatcha for reply. i ended up just feeding the wire and harness controller wire aroudn the side of the carpet into the bezel behind the heated seat controls, after i pulled that out, and back the other way . sorry i asked sucha trivial question. thanks for your helps. this writeup was very useful and informative in not breaking any clips. i just was over cautious as i was not familiar with the ls and how the interior was designed. thanks again

Season.

Last edited by LucidSnow; 03-14-11 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-14-11, 02:59 PM
ThaWatcha
Driver

i had problems figuring that out too lol. i somehow seccured one end of the wire to a coathanger and pushed it through random places till i found a way through. mine was deep in the dash behind the nav unit, but your going to have to find it for yourself lol.
Old 03-15-11, 12:14 AM
GangstaLS
Rookie

where else can the controller be placed, any suggestions?
Old 03-15-11, 06:39 AM
LucidSnow
Rookie

i think alot of ppl put it in glovebox/in centerconsole/ side of driver seat / ashtray/ the rest u just gota be creative or custom dash bezel

i have the asr681 so my wired module is in the glovebox. my wireless is on my dash or in my centerconsole.

Last edited by LucidSnow; 03-15-11 at 06:44 AM.
Old 05-21-11, 11:15 AM
Yeayou808
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by airtime
Thanks, but I got it to work. Just had to keep my finger on the lower right hand button when turning on the ignition. Then I can select the superlow mode. Just dumped my car and damn, don't think I can get a jack under the car if the compressor fails
Is super low and extra down mode two diff modes? Os same thing?
Old 05-21-11, 01:21 PM
Yeayou808
Driver School Candidate

UCF31MC]" セルシオ "" <<< if that's for 04-06 then what is the one for 01-03?
Old 06-21-11, 07:07 AM
Sentinel
Pole Position

Is this worth it or am I better of with lowering blocks and adjusting the height via the rods?

Quick Reply: Datasystem Controller Writeup with Pix