ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006-158/)
-   -   Best wiper blades for LS? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/343218-best-wiper-blades-for-ls.html)

lexusthai 03-19-08 11:41 AM

Best wiper blades for LS?

It's time for me to replace my wiper blades. On my other cars, I use BOSCH ICON, which are great in rain, sleet or snow. Plus the ICON looks good. But I can't find one for the Lexus LS430. :(

I even tried to put the 24-inch ICON (424A) on the LS. Don't buy these for the LS, the bracket won't snap close. It's really not adaptable. I liked the ICON so much, I just had to try.. the blade stays on, and it wipes without flying off at all wiping speeds, but it's not a perfect fit.

What other brands do you recommend? Good clean wipe, no streaks.

lexusthai 03-19-08 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
......The ICON

JDMUSCLE 03-19-08 11:54 AM

try the rainx one that looks very close to the bosch wiper!!

LiCelsior 03-19-08 12:10 PM

i like the rainx wipers cheap and works good. btw, pics of the 2jz beast? and hope u can come down to the NELOC forum and introduce urself, many people will like to see ur car.

BNR34 03-19-08 05:01 PM

I am in the same boat, just tried my favorite ICON and the bracket don't fit like lexusthai just said.

Don't like how the rainx looks.

According to Tire Rack, the Valeo fits, but I am skeptical since the Valeo from my other car don't fit on the LS. The LS430's driver side wiper arm got a weird hook......

Anyone tried the Valeo?

mikevanle 03-19-08 05:10 PM

I've been meaning to make this thread, but might as well post in here.

---------------

Is anyone else's wipers really loud? Like it makes a *thud* noise that's extremely loud when it goes back into the resting position?

BNR34 03-19-08 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by mikevanle (Post 3373942)
I've been meaning to make this thread, but might as well post in here.

---------------

Is anyone else's wipers really loud? Like it makes a *thud* noise that's extremely loud when it goes back into the resting position?

My wiper don't make any "thud" noise.

KINGLS430 03-19-08 06:46 PM

No thud noises here but i love RAIN X WIPERS!!!!!!!!

YoshRX300 03-19-08 06:55 PM

I tried ICONs and would not buy again. They do not last and where horrible in the snow. They are also louder than OEMs. $40+ dollars not worth it. Sticking to the OEM blade inserts from the dealer. Just my personal exp.

lexusthai 03-19-08 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys.. I'll keep searching and I'll let you know what I end up installing.

I don't recall my wipers making that *thud* noise. I do know what noise you're referring to. Anyway, does that noise come from the wiper motor or from the blade at point of changing direction?

And since we're on the subject of 2JZ.. here are my beast's pictures. It's in Bangkok though, not here. This pic was taken during the engine-swap stage.

ancdmd 03-21-08 06:37 AM

I had ICONs on my older camry and they were great, was gonna get a set for my LS soon but apparently not now since they don't fit. Damn!

GRAND_LS 4 03-21-08 01:49 PM

OEM are nice and quiet. A wipe with an alcohol pad every couple of months restores them to new condition. Bought new wiper refills, and still havent had the need to change them yet.

denroll 03-23-08 05:16 PM

I just bought the Bosch Micro Edge wipers after discovering that the Icons do not fit.

I'll let you know how they work if I can ever figure out how to change the driver's side wiper with that non-standard hook. What a PITA! (nothing in the owners manuals, either).

ancdmd 03-24-08 06:00 PM

I just bought and installed the Trico Neoform wipers, they look identical to the Icons. Installation was a little tricky, the drivers wiper didn't want to go on, just had to force it, it was hanging up a little, I was beginning to think it wouldn't work. The passengers wiper clip needed a little modification to fit, the plastic clip has little flexible contours on it that I had to flatten to get it to fit on the wiper arm. In the end it fits perfectly. Next time it rains I'll see how well they work.

BrianJ 03-25-08 06:04 AM

As frequently the wipers should be changed (every 6 mo.), why spend all that $$$ on expensive wipers? They don't last longer than OEM and from what I've read, it's PIA to install. My recommendation is to go with OEM refills.

Regards,
Brian