LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Best wiper blades for LS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-08, 02:03 PM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

True, wipers generally dont last much longer than 6 months, but the Icons I had lasted for well over a year and were still good when I sold the car, plus they didnt lift off the windshield like all the others. They were quiet too.
Old 03-25-08, 02:06 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

+1 for the rain-x's we got em on the lx and for the es and the mb, we got icon's love em
Old 03-25-08, 06:51 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I've had my OEM's for over 2 years, and they still wipe like thier new.
Old 04-03-08, 12:38 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Well after looking at all available aftermarket wiper blade with the new design (ICON type), I determined that none of them would fit properly onto the non-standard design hook of the driver side wiper arm of the LS430.

Since the metal part of the stock wiper on my car is still in great shape, I decided to just go with OEM refills inserts like GRAND_LS 4 suggested. It hasn't rain yet but I am sure it would work perfectly.

I generally like to use the new design wiper like the ICON because I feel they are an improvment over the old design. But non proper fitment are not acceptable to me. So staying with stock it is.
Old 04-07-08, 10:20 AM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

BNR, the Trico Neoforms I have do fit the driver's arm perfectly, and even though I needed to mess with the passenger's a bit, I'd say its not anything that would be a consideration to NOT buy them. After using them in the rain however, they seem a bit noisier than the previous unknown (maybe stock) wipers that were on the car. Maybe they will quiet down a bit but I doubt it, they'll probably just get noisier.
Old 04-07-08, 12:48 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ancdmd
BNR, the Trico Neoforms I have do fit the driver's arm perfectly, and even though I needed to mess with the passenger's a bit, I'd say its not anything that would be a consideration to NOT buy them. After using them in the rain however, they seem a bit noisier than the previous unknown (maybe stock) wipers that were on the car. Maybe they will quiet down a bit but I doubt it, they'll probably just get noisier.
I had so much mods on all my previous cars, I am sick of all incompatibility, I don't want any at all on this car, I want it 100% free of any incompatibility.
Old 04-27-08, 10:36 PM
JusLex01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do I replace the driver side wiper? The pivot arm seems to be in the way, I tried to remove it but still no luck getting to the hook correctly. Please HELP!
Old 04-29-08, 08:41 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JusLex01
how do I replace the driver side wiper? The pivot arm seems to be in the way, I tried to remove it but still no luck getting to the hook correctly. Please HELP!
Not exactly sure which model Lexus you have, so I will just tell you based on mine. (04 LS430) You have to reach underneath the clip where it's connected to the arm. (Right in the middle of the blade where it's connected to the arm) You will be pressing upwards toward the center. There is a clip that retains the blade to the arm. It's going to take a little pressure to break it free but it will come loose. After it breaks loose you will have to slide the blade toward you (assuming you are removing it while standing on the drivers side) about a half inch or so and it will loosen from the arm. Once you've gotten this far you should be able to figure it out pretty easy. I have used the Trico NeoForm and they fit perfectly, look great, perform flawlessly and look nicer than the OEM blades. Good luck.
Old 11-01-08, 04:05 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

I searched up this thread when looking for replacement blades... the latest Consumer Reports just came out and listed top 15 wiper blades.

Top four (all recommended, #3 and #4 are CR Best Buys)
1) Valeo 600 Series score 72
2) Rain-X Latitude score 70
3) Anco 31 Series score 66
4) Michelin Rainforce score 65

Anbody have specific experience with fittment of these on the LS430?

Some of those listed above in posts are on the list as well.
Bosch Icon is #8 score 60
Couple of Trico's listed (Exact Fit #10, Teflon #14, Innovision #15) but not the Neoform.

Edit - when I look at Tire Rack they offer the Piaa Super Silicone (ranked #7) and the Valeo Ultimate (900 Series, ranked #6). Looks like you order 24" for the driver's side and 16" for the passenger.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-01-08 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-01-08, 07:47 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Edgers

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Edit - when I look at Tire Rack they offer the Piaa Super Silicone (ranked #7) and the Valeo Ultimate (900 Series, ranked #6). Looks like you order 24" for the driver's side and 16" for the passenger.
That is correct, 24" for driver's and 16" for passenger's side. Quite a difference in length there for sure.

As for brand, no love shown here for the "Triple-Edge" ??? Seems like old school 90's technology here, but I had them on my Civic and they worked very well, but then they seemed to have disappeared from the market. Then this weekend went to Wal*mart and there they were... so I got a pair and fit fine.
Old 11-01-08, 10:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Looked at the CR article; nope unless they are sold under some other name they aren't even mentioned. Interesting, don't know if that means they weren't tested or didn't make the cut.
Old 11-03-08, 08:25 AM
ikon_danny
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexusthai
Thanks guys.. I'll keep searching and I'll let you know what I end up installing.

I don't recall my wipers making that *thud* noise. I do know what noise you're referring to. Anyway, does that noise come from the wiper motor or from the blade at point of changing direction?

And since we're on the subject of 2JZ.. here are my beast's pictures. It's in Bangkok though, not here. This pic was taken during the engine-swap stage.
Is the 2JZ swap in a A31 Nissan Cefero?
Old 11-05-08, 09:33 AM
campisi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
I had so much mods on all my previous cars, I am sick of all incompatibility, I don't want any at all on this car, I want it 100% free of any incompatibility.
True dat. I never put anything but OEM on my car just for that reason. Don't have to ask if it fits because it always does.
Old 11-05-08, 10:31 PM
lexusthai
Driver

Originally Posted by ikon_danny
Is the 2JZ swap in a A31 Nissan Cefero?

Yes! '93 Nissan Cefiro A31 and here's the latest picture, on Oct 18, 2008. Next year though, this engine will be transferred to maybe SC300/430 body or something similar. The A31 is just too old, the 2JZ though, they last forever!
Attached Thumbnails Best wiper blades for LS?-cefiro-0097-edit.jpg  
Old 11-06-08, 10:39 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I was replacing the blades on my LS, the ones on there were Acco blades and they fit fine too. I removed that old pair, and the new "TripleEdge" blades clipped right in, driver's and passenger's side. What I did was run the wipers and then turn the ignition off as they were in "up" position. This made it easier to get the arm out and the blade spun. The arm is not that different from any other vehicle.

Quick Reply: Best wiper blades for LS?