LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS430 Ultra coming my way. "Must do" items?

Old 02-03-08, 12:34 PM
silkyboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the pruchase, i am too looking for LS430 as well!
Old 02-10-08, 10:45 AM
denroll
Driver

The new 18"s really make a difference. Once my suspension controller gets here, I'll get rid of that wheel gap. Anyone have a good write-up on that install?

Here's a couple pics:

Old 02-10-08, 03:18 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Denroll, my fellow SF member. Welcome to CL! I'm looking into picking up an LS430 soon too. Probably won't get a nice a deal as you though, but I'm looking for an 04+ just for the 6 speed
Old 02-10-08, 03:53 PM
denroll
Driver

It's funny how many cross-posters there are here. Keeping it in the family.

Wait a year and those '04 prices might be a bit nicer.
Old 02-10-08, 04:14 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

very nice setup. i really like those wheels too. do a search on the controller to look for help in the install and set up. many of us have had them installed and operating successfully.
Old 02-16-08, 08:21 PM
denroll
Driver

I got the winders tinted yesterday and installed my suspension controller. I must say I'm very impressed by the ease of installation and operation and the capabilities of the stock suspension with just a small controller. It has 5 preset heights and is configurable for front left, front right, and the rear.

Pics go in order like this: Stock ride height; my highest setting; my middle "everyday" setting; then slammed. two more spreset levels stuck in between there, too.

Stock ride before controller:

My highest setting (2 out of 9 all around, 1 is highest, 9 is lowest) for when I go off-roading:

My middle "everyday" setting (5 in rear, 6 in front):

And sitting low (9 all around). Surprisingly, it will drive and still manages to have full steering lock without rubbing:

This slight drop does so much for it in person. I think the old-man image is finally gone from this particular LS. I'm a happy owner now.

I'm still going to play around with the settings because it looks like the front still sits a little higher than the rear, like it did in stock form, when set to the same number all around
Old 02-16-08, 08:27 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock rear height isn't so bad, but the front is noticibly high. Man I wish I got the UL
Old 02-17-08, 09:45 AM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking good Denroll !! Is there not a superlow mode also I keep reading about? and where did you mount your head unit at? How about an image of that

Thanks.
Old 02-17-08, 11:30 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by airtime
Looking good Denroll !! Is there not a superlow mode also I keep reading about? and where did you mount your head unit at? How about an image of that

Thanks.
I read the same thing that there is something called SUPER LOW after the "9" setting. If you could clear that up Denroll that would be appreciated.

BTW you car looks very sweet with the new 18's from LA Wheel and the drop. Definately takes the old man image away. I need to get this done to my car ASAP since my boss is bugging me I am driving a OLD MAN car.

Like Airtime mentioned a pic of where you installed the controller in your car would help future installations.
Old 02-17-08, 11:42 AM
denroll
Driver

I put the controller in the lower glove box. Didn't mount it so I could pick it up to play with it. There's enough cable to pull it out to the driver's seat.

I didn't try to take it past 9. Maybe I'll go investigate that. From what I understood, "super-low" meant that the unit was able to go past setting 5, which is the limit that will pass Japanese inspection. I will get that cleared up.
Old 02-17-08, 11:55 AM
denroll
Driver

OK, it does indeed have a super-down mode. You just have to push and hold the button for a few seconds when trying to go past 9. The front wheels are tucked a little. I'll go snap some pics. brb
Old 02-17-08, 12:11 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool I am waiting to see the pics.. Can you post a pic of the size and look of the controller too.. If not too much trouble can you measure it for me length X width X height.. I have a few ideas bouncing around my head where I want to install this thing..

Also can you tell us how fast it takes to lower the car into the SUPER LOW mode from normal ride height (5/6)..

Last edited by 2SAVVY; 02-17-08 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-17-08, 12:14 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

i think you got to get that set of tail lights of ebay to that make your car look like the 04's and up, in the back at least
Old 02-17-08, 12:19 PM
denroll
Driver

Front in Super-low:

Rear:

And the controller just sitting there:

Old 02-17-08, 12:20 PM
denroll
Driver

Originally Posted by jmd93
i think you got to get that set of tail lights of ebay to that make your car look like the 04's and up, in the back at least

What's the difference?

Oh, and any ideas as to what I can do with this Motorola hands free box that was in my car?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS430 Ultra coming my way. "Must do" items?