Originally Posted by bluegsx
guess I'm lucky...no problems out of my LED tails...so far :P
Bastard.
Old 03-30-08, 02:11 PM
mikepae
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DRWChicago
Well, after trying to call them and email them over the last week, I finally got someone on the phone (Elaine). She said that the ebay team was not in (surprise) and that I should contact them at their extensions directly.

Phone: 626-435-2929
Direct Extensions: 108, 121, 119, 134

If you are having issues with your lights, I would recommend a phone call into them. Perhaps if they get enough feedback, they can work with manufacturing to get this squared away.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I like the lights, but that stupid dash light is starting to **** me off something fierce.

-rob
hahh same story over here. (ebay guy not there) wack. this is option racing we are talking about right?
Old 03-31-08, 03:09 PM
DRWChicago
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

You are correct...Option Racing. Well, I haven't left feedback on eBay yet..maybe when they get that things will change.

Still no email back from them either.

Sent this via eBay Question to Seller:

Dear racing_guys,

I have tried to contact Option Racing many times by phone and email. My lights are throwing the dash error code. Many others on the ClubLexus.com forum have bought these and about 50% are not happy due to burned out LEDs, Error Codes, etc.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=1#post3406609

Please advise.

-rob
robert.alan.wolfe@gmail.com

We'll see...

-rob

Last edited by DRWChicago; 03-31-08 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-31-08, 03:27 PM
DRWChicago
Driver School Candidate

Well, miracle of miracles, I was able to get a hold of someone over there this afternoon. They said that there are no more in stock and they won't have any more for at least a month.

She took my number and put me on a wait-list. I really don't think that she cared one way or another when I told them that there were other people that are having issues as well on this board.

Good luck.

-rob
Old 04-12-08, 11:25 AM
rich21kid
Driver School Candidate

Ok so whats the deal with these I am very interested in these and want to know if they are goin to be a problem or not. I breifly read through the page and the talk of taillight failure scares me. R they worth it and is optionracing or migi reliable sites??? Thanks
Old 04-13-08, 08:48 AM
j4x0n
Rookie

Originally Posted by DRWChicago
You are correct...Option Racing. Well, I haven't left feedback on eBay yet..maybe when they get that things will change.

Still no email back from them either.

Sent this via eBay Question to Seller:

Dear racing_guys,

I have tried to contact Option Racing many times by phone and email. My lights are throwing the dash error code. Many others on the ClubLexus.com forum have bought these and about 50% are not happy due to burned out LEDs, Error Codes, etc.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=1#post3406609

Please advise.

-rob
robert.alan.wolfe@gmail.com

We'll see...

-rob
=( unfortunately i just got my "tailamp failure" notice last night... it's only when i turn on the headlights during the night though. should i watch out for anything or is the only problem just the annoying message with the mark? also, does anyone know a way to take this mesage off?
Old 04-13-08, 03:06 PM
Bdragon007
Pole Position

I wonder if they ever gonna fix the problems and start selling it again. I'm sure there would be a huge interest on it.
Old 04-13-08, 03:57 PM
rich21kid
Driver School Candidate

yea cuz i really want a pair but not if im goin to get that failure warning all the time
Old 04-13-08, 04:10 PM
suprandsc
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I know, they had these on E-bay all the time. Then couple of us bought the tails and spreaded the words and everyone bought them until they were sold out.

Now most of us are having problems with partial LED's going bad, condensation, and Lamp failure light. Then we let them know the problems, but I personally they aren't going to do anything about it. They are not the manufacturer. They are manufactured somewhere in China, and it's not worth all the hassle for them to revise and fix this problem. For them, most of the time it's cheap items with quantity over expensive items with quality. I would be even surprised if they will start selling them again knowing all these problems.

What I miss are those NON LED clear tails they had(Fabulous replica) for sale on E-bay. No need to worry about LED's going out, resistors going bad for lamp light indicator and etc.....

JP
Old 04-13-08, 06:37 PM
Bdragon007
Pole Position

Originally Posted by suprandsc
From what I know, they had these on E-bay all the time. Then couple of us bought the tails and spreaded the words and everyone bought them until they were sold out.

Now most of us are having problems with partial LED's going bad, condensation, and Lamp failure light. Then we let them know the problems, but I personally they aren't going to do anything about it. They are not the manufacturer. They are manufactured somewhere in China, and it's not worth all the hassle for them to revise and fix this problem. For them, most of the time it's cheap items with quantity over expensive items with quality. I would be even surprised if they will start selling them again knowing all these problems.

What I miss are those NON LED clear tails they had(Fabulous replica) for sale on E-bay. No need to worry about LED's going out, resistors going bad for lamp light indicator and etc.....

JP
i would loved to get those NON LED, it's almost impossible
Old 04-14-08, 06:51 AM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did they simply stop making the NON-LED red/clear tails or are they just sold exclusively overseas? When I bought mine, they were one of three on eBay. The next day they were gone. Just wondering what happened to them
Old 04-14-08, 01:42 PM
beangrower
Pole Position

u can jus buy the real deal fabulous ones (non-led clears). think they retail for like 700 a set though.
Old 04-16-08, 06:51 PM
DRWChicago
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by beangrower
u can jus buy the real deal fabulous ones (non-led clears). think they retail for like 700 a set though.
700 is a little nuts for lights (coming from the @#%@#% that just payed $300 for some LEDs that don't work right ) But I guess that there may be some residual value from the sale if you take them off your whip when you sell.

ARGH.
Old 04-16-08, 08:47 PM
j4x0n
Rookie

even though the taillight failure notice pops up, i STILL think it's worth it. love how these tailights look at night~ =P
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-18-08, 04:10 PM
BK LS430
Driver School Candidate

Hello my names Adam (Blk/Blk 02) and I am new to this lexus club. I would also love to get these led lights and am curious as to what ever happend with that Tom guy from Toyota? any news from him on that group deal thing?

Quick Reply: clear taillight for 01-03