LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

2006 LS430 Low tire pressure warning light

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-14, 09:44 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

The volume **** is for the beeps that the car gives when locking/unlocking the car.
Old 10-30-14, 05:51 PM
jimdwright
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EASY EASY reset low tire pressure warning!

Resetting the low tire pressure warning is actually very easy to do and does not require any contortions or flashlights etc. Just an easy braille method.

As stated in other replies, the reset button IS under the dash generally near your right knee. There are three "controls" in the general area: 1. 3/8 in. diameter **** to adjust the beep volume. 2. 3/16" diameter Smart Key system disable button. 3. 3/16" Low Tire Pressure warning reset.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON and you'll see the red warning triangle and the low tire pressure message.
2. Turn your right hand palm up under the dash with your "button pushing" finger directly under the ignition switch.
3. Move your hand directly forward towards the radiator until your fingers reach the end of the lower dash.
4. Keep moving your hand slowly forward and feel upward with your "button" finger and you will encounter the 3/8 in. diameter beep volume ****.
5. Now move your finger left just a little and you will find buttons 2. and 3. above. The low tire pressure reset is the button closest to you.
6. Press it for 5 seconds or so and the light warning will go out.
7 Now congratulate yourself for doing this the easy painless way.
Old 01-16-18, 03:37 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Bumping this up from the dead....

So okay, obviously we've figured out HOW to reset and initialize the system, but I've searched high and low and there is NO discussion about why this light actually comes on randomly even if the pressure in your tires is equal across all wheels?

I've had my LS for a couple of months and put a few thousand miles on it, most of it was from my drive from CA to IL.... but recently this annoying tire pressure light started popping up.

I've spoken to my brother whose a service manager at Lexus and all he is telling me is to reset and initialize the system following the same steps outlined above (hold set button for three+ seconds to reset, release, than hold again for a few seconds to initialize until message pops up).

The light goes away but always comes back on after a couple of days of driving (after 150-200 miles or so). Every time I've checked my tires and the pressure is always spot on at 32lbs. I have brand new tires with less than 400 miles on them, oem wheels with zero corrosion or any air leak issues.

So is that it? Do you guys just reset the system every few days? I know it only takes a few seconds to do and is very simple, but quite annoying. Clearly you're just putting off the problem and not fixing it. I compare it to resetting the CEL by disconnecting the battery...it clears the light but does not solve the problem.

Why do these cars do this? How do you fix it?
Old 01-16-18, 05:18 PM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 675 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
So okay, obviously we've figured out HOW to reset and initialize the system, but I've searched high and low and there is NO discussion about why this light actually comes on randomly even if the pressure in your tires is equal across all wheels?
You're 100% correct - there are 2 different operations for the TPWS (Tire Pressure Warning System): Reset and Initialize.

Initialize: For example, say, you decide to replace your front tires with a different brand of tires. You know the new tires are slightly smaller than the old tires in the rear. You properly inflated all 4 tires, and you want to "train" the TPWS to recognize this new arrangement as "normal". You will perform a "Initialize" on your TPWS for this new setup. This operation will erase the TPWS' old memory (4 tires of same size), and replace it with new memory (2 smaller front tires and 2 larger size old tires).

Reset: One day you run over a nail and one of your tires begins to leak. The TPWS detects the deviation from its "normal" and activate the warning light. After repairing the tire and inflating it properly, you would "Reset" the TPWS to turn off the warning light. The TPWS no longer detects deviation from its "normal", and so the warning light stays off.

In your case, your TPWS has a different setting than what you would consider "normal". You should inflate your 4 tires to exactly how you want them (maybe 35# in the front, and #32 in the back, or whatever). You would then perform the Initialization for your TPWS to remember these inflation settings.

Attached is the TSIB (Technical Service Information Bulletin) related to this topic.
The following users liked this post:
Z7USUDRV (03-18-23)