LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

How to tell if LS430 is equpped with Ultra Luxury Package?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-09, 08:48 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

$47,500 man that has to be a typo.
Old 07-17-09, 10:18 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACKASH
WOW, wonder in comparison what my 2006 LS430UL with 42K miles is worth?
Old 07-17-09, 10:25 AM
Tee

Originally Posted by BlackUltra
WOW, wonder in comparison what my 2006 LS430UL with 42K miles is worth?
$59.999?
Old 07-17-09, 10:40 AM
debian
Driver

The person who buys a 04-06 LS430 for over $35,000 in today's market is wasting money.
Car would have to be brand new at that price and have customization to be worth it...or once owned by a celebrity.

My 2004 LS430 CL, one prev. owner, 33500 miles, immaculate condition, lexus CPO 3year/ 100,000 warranty was $26,500.
Cheers,
Ian
Old 07-17-09, 10:41 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tee
$59.999?
Hey Tee, that post was back in 01-05-07 when the economy was hot and eveyone was refinacing their houses and spending money like it was water. Like before the housing bubble burst. I guess that was fueling some ridiculous car prices. Simply amazing.
Old 07-17-09, 11:56 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Tee, that post was back in 01-05-07 when the economy was hot and eveyone was refinacing their houses and spending money like it was water. Like before the housing bubble burst. I guess that was fueling some ridiculous car prices. Simply amazing.
LOL Things are definitely different these days. I recall watching a 2007 S-550 Sport at my local MB dealer during the late 2008 timeframe when everything was in the process of tanking big time. They first got the car in (silver/black, perfect condition, loaded, 33K miles) and had it at $74k asking price. That was toward the top of the market for what the car was, as you'd expect from a MB dealer, but not outrageous according to other cars on offer across the country. I looked at it and drove it a couple times lusting for it but not close to willing to part with that kind of money for a car. Every month or so I'd stop in and it was still there. Last time I saw it I drove it again and they asked $54K. That was late April. Next time I was by there a couple week later it was finally gone.
Old 07-17-09, 01:31 PM
Tee

Ok my bad, I thought he was asking that now.
Old 06-12-10, 05:35 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

From 01-03, are the buttons for the air suspension at a similar location to the shifter shown in previous pictures? I'm trying to avoid getting anything with air suspension.
Old 06-12-10, 07:02 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Flipped flopped

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
From 01-03, are the buttons for the air suspension at a similar location to the shifter shown in previous pictures? I'm trying to avoid getting anything with air suspension.
Yes, the buttons are all in the same area. The only difference I think is that VSC was replaced with TRAC at some point on the stability button..
Old 04-13-11, 06:56 AM
wincue
Driver School Candidate

I just bought a 2003 Ultra and was pleasantly surprise with the interior. It is not the traditional wood pattern but is a grey and black ash color. I never knew they made this interior but was overjoyed when I saw it. Any idea as to how many they made with this interior and if they were limited to the Ultras? Thanks in advance for any information you may have.
Old 04-13-11, 10:52 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wincue
I just bought a 2003 Ultra and was pleasantly surprise with the interior. It is not the traditional wood pattern but is a grey and black ash color. I never knew they made this interior but was overjoyed when I saw it. Any idea as to how many they made with this interior and if they were limited to the Ultras? Thanks in advance for any information you may have.
Welcome! Follow the links in the FAQ thread to the 2003 sales brochure. It sounds like you have the ecru bird's eye maple wood with the ecru interior? If so, that was supposedly available on only the custom and ultra luxury levels.

I'd like to see some pics of the bordeau bird's eye maple trim and the bordeaux aniline leather. These wood trims and the bordeaux leather disappeared in 2004. (sigh)
Old 04-13-11, 07:39 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Another visual in case you can't make out the console buttons and if the rear armrest is not down so you can see it. Look for the air vents above both rear doors. They are for the rear A/C that only the UL has. Easy to see in person when the car is locked, although they aren't always shown in all photos.
Old 01-23-12, 10:54 PM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Regarding the pictures near the beginning of this thread (in post #6)-
Are the two switches in front of the shift lever included in the Sport package, or are they unique to the Ultra Luxury package?
Thanks for the information.
Old 01-24-12, 03:55 AM
JasonRN87
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the UL models ONLY there are 3 switches in the dash panel you are referring to. (The one in front of the shifter) Two are for the air suspension (the 2 on the left) and one for the ECT transmission settings (the one on the right).

In ALL OTHER trim levels (including the rare Sport package equipped models that you asked about) there is only ONE button in this panel. (Which is the ECT transmission setting switch.)

So, to sum up, yes the additional two buttons are unique to the UL trim level cars only. Hope that clarifies things for you and doesn't cause any additional confusion lol.

Also, if you were curious, no the Sport package cannot be combined with the Ultimate Luxury (nor the Custom Luxury) trim level cars.

Oh, and one more thing, welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 01-24-12, 12:52 PM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow! A thousand "arigato"s to JasonRN87. That was EXACTLY what I needed to know.
Your post goes in my permanent clip file.
I am considering (synonyms for "wishing" and "hoping") acquiring an '04 to '06 LS430, and many sellers include a picture of the dash panel, but I haven't seen a single one of the rear seat armrest opened, and very few of the area over the rear doors (to show A/C vents).
I have read in the CL fora about the increased maintenance (mostly for the air suspension), but the cool factor of the UL package is almost irresistible.
I haven't found the "everything you need to know about buying an LS430" yet, but CL is very large. I don't want to go Off Topic here.
Awesome response to my first post - not only answered the question, but also "what you should have asked".
Thanks for the welcome, and wish me luck.

Quick Reply: How to tell if LS430 is equpped with Ultra Luxury Package?