LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

How to tell if LS430 is equpped with Ultra Luxury Package?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-12, 02:43 PM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks again to caddyowner, ultim8mind, and thinkin.
I have incorporated the suggested changes, and am almost ready to post the revised doc.
Also, it has added pictures of most of the non-UL items for comparison (like the trunk photos).

Question - Should I include the priced list of options (e.g. for the 2005), or should I leave it out ?
Your opinions welcomed!
Old 02-10-12, 02:46 PM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry, jayclapp. Didn't mean to leave you out; my memory is going fast (and not in a good way :-)
Thanks for the "official" info.
Old 02-10-12, 05:10 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Gene01
Sorry, jayclapp. Didn't mean to leave you out; my memory is going fast (and not in a good way :-)
Thanks for the "official" info.
Thanks, but no apology needed. I think this forum is really "all together" and sometimes our shortened communication can be misunderstood. Your good work will be useful to new members and those who drop in occasionally.
Old 02-10-12, 05:41 PM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the kind words!
I have decided that the perfect car (for me, that is. De gustibus non disputandum) is an 04-06 LS430 with UL and preferably PCS. SInce I didn't know when I started out what the options were, I decided to seek advice here and collect a picture gallery to help me in my shopping. It is especially useful when looking at pictures from sellers, since many either don't know or misrepresent what their cars have. I have received great information and attempted to put it into a doc with the highest accuracy that I am able to. I hope to post the new edition this weekend.

If anyone knows of a well-maintained 04-06 LS430 UL for sale, I would appreciate hearing about it.
Do you think that a WTB in Club Lexus (I forget the exact forum) would be of any use?
Old 02-13-12, 09:33 PM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Default Document - UL identification

Hello, everyone.
I have tried to take everything I have learned here about identifying the UL package, and consolidate it into a single document.
As before, I welcome and greatly appreciate all comments, suggestions, and especially corrections.

Please see the later version attached to post #84. This one contains incorrect information.
Attached Files

Last edited by Gene01; 04-20-12 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Pointer to updated doc attached to post #84
Old 02-14-12, 06:07 AM
thinkin
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's looking great, fine work!

In the trunk section you could also mention the rear A/C filter cover (the big rectangular black piece) as can be seen in your trunk UL photo as it's UL-only. Sometimes that'll be easiest to see in a poor photo due to the contrast.

Though CL also has it, you may consider a section with comparison pics for all the extra leather found on the center console, door armrests, and glove box.
Old 02-14-12, 07:17 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I know this is minor and has very little to do with visuals (which is intent of your effort), but saddle color leather is not "Nappa", but rather semi-analine as is the black color.
Old 02-14-12, 09:38 AM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Hi, thinkin and jayclapp.
Thanks much for the feedback. It's great to have more eyeballs to proffread (sic :-) the doc!
I didn't know what the cover in the trunk was - your input is most helpful.
Good catch on the leather mistake.
I will add your suggested changes in the next few days.

I also have created a doc with the options/packages organized so that you can immediately tell what features are included in each package.
Do you think it should be a part of this one, or a separate doc?
Old 02-15-12, 10:30 AM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

OK. I have attached the "final" version which includes the options/packages information.

Please let me know if you have any further suggestions.
Attached Files
Old 02-15-12, 10:50 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Thx for putting a nice PDF and great job Gene01!
Old 02-16-12, 08:07 AM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

You are welcome!
Please let me know if you think of any way of improving the doc.
All feedback is welcome.
Old 07-08-13, 08:10 AM
bobbyg49
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good post.
Old 09-06-13, 08:50 AM
qazzxcv
Driver School Candidate

i actually have ordered one of these, 2003, ls 430, it is called the ececutive package, they come with everything, EXCEPT chrome rims i that year were optional, you can usually tell exec package when the car has rear reclining seats, nad all of the above, rear ac controls, refrigerator, height controls and sport suspension, MARK LEVINSON audio wit 6cd changer, laser cruise, sun shades and rear auto sun shade, the rest of the options usually come in different packages, but onething is for sure is the rear reclining seats, with massagers and ac controls, hope this helps, and BTW that car purchased that way in 2003 cost 70k out the door, 74k with extended warranty, i know because i bought one, a d added chrome rims which did nto come with the executive package
Mark
Old 09-07-13, 09:10 AM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

"Executive package" was not offered on US cars (at least on 04-06 - 01-03 could be different), so if you could post the line of the door frame placard that begins with "C/TR:", it would be interesting to see what the intended market was.
Sport suspension was not available with either CL or UL on US cars.
Laser cruise could have (optionally) been replaced by radar cruise on CL and UL cars if the PCS option was ordered.
Thanks for the information!
Old 03-06-16, 08:38 AM
LS430CLAS
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if i should start a new thread but i am new to Club Lexus and felt like this thread covered some differences between the CL and UL packages on the LS430 model so i'm hoping i'm posting in the right place. Few months ago i bought a 2001 LS430 that ii thought was a UL package judging by the pictures posted online by the dealer. Once i got to see the car in person i realized it was not the UL package because it was missing the audio controls in the back. What threw me off was the fact that this particular LS430 had the air suspension option. After more research and few months of ownership i realized i stumbled upon a not so common combination: a Custom Luxury package with Adaptive air suspension. MSRP for a 01 UL new was $70k. Mine was $67K. Working for a Toyota dealer i was able to put the vin# info in our system and get the full spec sheet for this awesome luxury sedan. If you guys would like to see some pics please reply and coach me how to get photos uploaded. To describe the car it is a black on black(semi-aniline) with laser cruise, air suspension, Mark Levinson nav + sound, parking sonar and headlight washers, double pane windows, rear sunshade. No audio controls in the back, no cool box and no rear AC. Hope that helps other people looking to get one of these awesome vehicles. My lexus now has 190K. Anyone have any idea how rare this combo is given the fact that this is a 2001 model?

Quick Reply: How to tell if LS430 is equpped with Ultra Luxury Package?