ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006-158/)
-   -   park assist random beeping (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/131487-park-assist-random-beeping.html)

ultra63 08-24-04 06:39 PM

park assist random beeping

I have had a 04 mica sports ML for 6/12. The last 1/12 the park assist beeps with nothing in front of the car. The dealer could find no cause and said it is normal for it to beep randomly at < 6 mph but my car has done this at 65 mph though it may tend to tend this most oftne after bumps. Any one else have a similar problem?

pvo 08-25-04 03:35 AM

I don't have this problem.

MikeP 08-25-04 06:18 AM

Have you looked at the dash indicator to see if the false warnings are coming from the same location, which might indicate a malfunctioning sensor? Have you checked to make sure there are no obstructions in front of the sensors (wax, dirt, spider webs, etc.)? I also have an '04 LS and have not had any false warnings.

Mike

stanatl 08-25-04 12:22 PM

I've had my car for 8 months now and have never had that problem at any speed.

OneOfOne 08-27-04 12:25 AM

ok this makes no sense and is not helpful for that guy to say I dont have this problem. lets be considerate ok? [I have had this problem but my car is an 01]

GRAND_LS 4 08-27-04 03:53 AM

Originally posted by digital_b
ok this makes no sense and is not helpful for that guy to say I dont have this problem. lets be considerate ok? [I have had this problem but my car is an 01]
Im sure they meant to say that it is not a usual problem like the dealership has told him. Take it easy.

jpcdmd 08-27-04 07:40 AM

I had that problem with a particular sensor. Took it to the dealer, they replaced the sensor but in the process found out that the previous owner had repainted the bumper and whoever did it didn't remove the sensors, they just sprayed over them. The system works fine but every once in a while no of the sensors trips incessantly and I have to turn the system off. !@#$%^ IDIOTS!

suprafan 02-01-10 07:28 PM

Ultra63 - I know this is a really old post, but did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having a similar problem.
Thanks,
Jonathan.

Slvr surfr 02-02-10 02:37 PM

Maybe there is unseen dirt somewhere in or behind the sensors that is making them go haywire. If they are easy to remove, i would try removing them and thoroughly cleaning them to see if it helps. Cheaper then replacing them.

honeygee2 02-02-10 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr (Post 5193332)
Maybe there is unseen dirt somewhere in or behind the sensors that is making them go haywire. If they are easy to remove, i would try removing them and thoroughly cleaning them to see if it helps. Cheaper then replacing them.

I had on go bad under my CPO on the front bumper. They cost the consumer 255 each and the flat rate manual for replacement is 1.3 hours. You literally have to take the back of the bumper off to get to them. Lexus sells them already painted to your color code. Try some rubbing alcohol on the surface and see if that helps.

Slvr surfr 02-02-10 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by honeygee2 (Post 5193471)
I had on go bad under my CPO on the front bumper. They cost the consumer 255 each and the flat rate manual for replacement is 1.3 hours. You literally have to take the back of the bumper off to get to them. Lexus sells them already painted to your color code. Try some rubbing alcohol on the surface and see if that helps.

Is the bumper difficult to remove? If not, then maybe a buddy, nice weather, and a six pack can make the job go smoother.

honeygee2 02-02-10 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr (Post 5193529)
Is the bumper difficult to remove? If not, then maybe a buddy, nice weather, and a six pack can make the job go smoother.

To get to the sensor you have to remove the back of the bumper which of course entails jacking the car up and getting under there. i watched the tech doing it and it looked difficult. If they are charging you 1,3 hours labor it cant be easy to get to. But then again a six pack buys alot of labor sometimes. good luck.

mkslexus 07-19-16 02:41 PM

Try water-jet wash of the front and rear bumpre

My 2013 RX showed this problem after driving in bad snow and slush in Chicago cold. Even after the snow melted away it continued beeping randomly. I just used my garden hose and gave the front and rear bumper a good wash... voila! Problem gone!! The dealership had advised me to leave the car for one day such that they can inspect each sensor after unmounting both the bumpers. I just had the sixth sense of washing the bumpers with water before they open up for a thorough engineering inspection and my guess work paid off. Thanks...:-)

prakash90 09-18-16 08:44 PM

I have 2013 ES 350 which I purchased as a certified pre-owned vehicle. After a car wash today - I started receiving the following error message "Clean Parking Assist sensor". The display shows the issue is with the front sensors. I turned off the Parking Assist and the message is off now. But if I turn on the PA then the message comes back which is very disturbing while I drive.

I checked the sensors and apparently there are no issues. It would be helpful if you can give some advise here as my next steps. Is that some setting issue that I can fix myself or I have to take it to the dealer? I am not familiar with car fixing so any complicated fixing (like removing bumper etc.) is beyond me.

Thanks in advance!

- Prakash

empringham 09-19-16 08:37 PM

These sensors can be very sensitive. I have a rock chip on my passenger front one and it goes crazy every now and then. Thank god lexus was smart enough to have those sensors on a toggle so you are able to turn them off when it decides to be stupid.