ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006-158/)
-   -   01 LS430 "Change A/C Filter" Message (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/108932-01-ls430-change-a-c-filter-message.html)

lexer 01-30-04 05:20 PM

01 LS430 "Change A/C Filter" Message

I am new here. I have a question - when the car start, teh System Check window shows "Chaneg A/C Filter". I checked the A/C filter inside teh storage box and found it is very clean. I washed it any way and put it back. The message still show. Then, I bought a new filter and it still show the message. I am wondering is Lexus do the same way the BMW do that require dealer special equipment to reset the message?

LS430inTX 01-30-04 08:07 PM

The answer is in your owner's manual. Specifically, "After replacement, push and hold the "OFF" button for the front air conditioning for more than 4 seconds to reset the air filter clogging data. The "A/C FILTER RESET" appears on the multi-information display and a tone sounds to inform you that the data has been reset."

Stelth91 09-30-07 09:42 AM

I also got that same message and went to pep boys for the part. I asked for an "a/c filter" and they gave me a filter for the physical a/c unit, to be installed between the compressor and the R/D? unit. after reading the instructions, it includes removal of refrigerant, and cutting lines and such. Then i look at the filter and it is just a piece of almost straight metal piping, with connectors on each end, and only a slightly small mesh filter in the piping. So i am starting to wonder if it is really necessary to replace since the part cost me 40 dollars. the message says "a/c filter", and i am starting to wonder if it is the filter for the air, or the filter that i got which is for the water in the condensor

TurboTodd 09-30-07 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Stelth91 (Post 2951397)
I also got that same message and went to pep boys for the part. I asked for an "a/c filter" and they gave me a filter for the physical a/c unit, to be installed between the compressor and the R/D? unit. after reading the instructions, it includes removal of refrigerant, and cutting lines and such. Then i look at the filter and it is just a piece of almost straight metal piping, with connectors on each end, and only a slightly small mesh filter in the piping. So i am starting to wonder if it is really necessary to replace since the part cost me 40 dollars. the message says "a/c filter", and i am starting to wonder if it is the filter for the air, or the filter that i got which is for the water in the condensor

Wrong part. The filter you're looking for you can order from lexus-parts.com, and is installed through an opening in your glove box.

Stelth91 09-30-07 05:41 PM

yeah, thats what i thought. i'd rather not spend the extra 2 hours replacing a part that is unnecessary to replace

GRAND_LS 4 09-30-07 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by LS430inTX (Post 798035)
The answer is in your owner's manual. Specifically, "After replacement, push and hold the "OFF" button for the front air conditioning for more than 4 seconds to reset the air filter clogging data. The "A/C FILTER RESET" appears on the multi-information display and a tone sounds to inform you that the data has been reset."

Just to add to this, make sure the ignition is in the ON position, with the engine off.