ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000-183/)
-   -   Tilt steering wheel issue (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/896705-tilt-steering-wheel-issue.html)

DGMD 08-12-18 05:58 PM

Tilt steering wheel issue

My tilt steering wheel has stopped fully returning to the position I last left it at when I start the car. It still moves manually without problems; now it just comes down halfway when I first put the key in. I can move it the rest of the way no problem. Is this a sign the motor is failing?

billydpowe 08-13-18 06:26 AM

it would help to know what year you are talking about.. have you ever read the stickey's????
PLEASE use a descriptive title in your "Please help", "Need Help" "Help" posts. As an Example "Need help- '98 car does not start". "Need Help - '98 spongy brake pedal".
A generic "Need help" is going to return several thousand "need help" titles. Do you want to read several thousand to find an answer? For the benefit of those who may have similar troubles your precise title will help them find the answer quickly and return accurate search results.
In the body of text:
Year, miles on car and description of problems/symptoms.

on my 99LS,
mine operates the same way, I have to push it on down to get it where I want it.. and about 6 or 7 years ago, I put a new motor in mine, and it was good for about 4 years and then back to this..... I have tried everything, no change, so I just push and go..

DGMD 08-13-18 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by billydpowe (Post 10277760)
it would help to know what year you are talking about.. have you ever read the stickey's????
PLEASE use a descriptive title in your "Please help", "Need Help" "Help" posts. As an Example "Need help- '98 car does not start". "Need Help - '98 spongy brake pedal".
A generic "Need help" is going to return several thousand "need help" titles. Do you want to read several thousand to find an answer? For the benefit of those who may have similar troubles your precise title will help them find the answer quickly and return accurate search results.
In the body of text:
Year, miles on car and description of problems/symptoms.

on my 99LS,
mine operates the same way, I have to push it on down to get it where I want it.. and about 6 or 7 years ago, I put a new motor in mine, and it was good for about 4 years and then back to this..... I have tried everything, no change, so I just push and go..

Mine is a 2000 with 179k and never replaced the motors to my knowledge, so I'm assuming its on it's way out. I'm worried about it quitting on me and being stuck in "school bus mode". I'm considering unplugging it but I wish there was a disable motion only on start/turning off car without unplugging motor.

99LSprobs 08-14-18 10:45 PM

when you push it down, (steering wheel) does it take lots of force? And does it stay still? Thanks.

DGMD 08-16-18 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by 99LSprobs (Post 10279443)
when you push it down, (steering wheel) does it take lots of force? And does it stay still? Thanks.

Doesn't feel like different force. It does stay still. Just having the same problems billydpowe is having.