Annoying Alarm triggered by key - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Annoying Alarm triggered by key

Old 09-18-16, 02:23 PM
Unclenate7
Driver School Candidate

Default Annoying Alarm triggered by key

Hey guys. I have a 95 LS400, and as much as i love her, I'm really getting annoyed at her sensitive alarm. In particular, the alarm will sometimes be triggered when i turn the key to unlock the driver door. Really strange and annoying considering that's also how you disarm the alarm.
I would rather use the remote but the attachment piece is broken and my dad keeps it in case the actual key gets locked inside the car.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows more about why exactly turning the key to unlock the door will sometimes trigger the alarm and other times will not, so that hopefully i can avoid it.
Thanks!
-Nate
Old 09-18-16, 03:23 PM
dicer
Lexus Champion

I have had that on a 90, the fix is to clean the contacts for the little position switch. And all that is not easy at all. First is getting to it next is taking it apart. I did it at the door, since it was too difficult to get to where the connector was. At least on gen 1 it was a ticklish thing to work on. It works good now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Annoying Alarm triggered by key

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: