LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Other LS strangeness not ecu

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-15, 09:37 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Other LS strangeness not ecu

The trunk lid wire issues.
It cured some drivability problems.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...while-in-gear/
Old 07-12-15, 05:18 AM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts

why did you drag this 7 year old link out, everybody knows about the trunk hinge wiring problems??
Old 07-12-15, 12:21 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Because I have not seen many mention it here. I bet Magda doesn't know about it. And many other newbys on this site. Just because the old timers know it, does not mean everyone else does. What is needed on this site is a TRUE Gen 1 sticky of all the problems, and to MAKE SURE all the other ones are not in it. Like 95 to 2000 models, unlike the sticky there is now.

Also how come we have all the ecu stuff, and never a mention of the trunk wires? There needs to be a Gen 1 LS electrical issue thread sticky that is all inclusive. ECU, Ripple test, trunk wires etc.

And besides why would you read thousands years old bible and then complain about a 7 year old link? Maybe the same reason the link is still there? Because it still pertains !!!!!!! That is why we have REFFERENCE MATERIALS. The stinking SHOP MANUAL FOR THE LS IS ABOUT 25 YEARS OLD. Now why would I care to look at that????????????????????????????????? All I have to say is GEE whats the deal?

Last edited by dicer; 07-12-15 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-13-15, 08:13 PM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

my biggest complaint is the lack of follow through on threads. there needs to be better organization in terms of solved issues..so if a thread is started regarding a certain electrical problem and it gets resolved..it needs to have a "RESOLVED" label attached the the topic...there also needs to be some sort of recognition system in a persons profile or avatar portion where it gives how many times a person has either posted the resolve and/or the person who helped resolve it. when u research these forums u have no idea if a that thread has come to a conclusion or not. so u read and read and read..not finding much of anything..so people start new threads...frustrating.
Old 07-13-15, 09:36 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Same thing happens when searching the web. It's frustrating but that's the way it happens. I actually don't mind since this is the way I find info on other things that don't necessarily pertain to my issue. I just bookmark and organize things in my own folders. It would be nice if someone would do it for me lol.

Last edited by sha4000; 07-20-15 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-14-15, 07:50 AM
Hiroshi12
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by python
my biggest complaint is the lack of follow through on threads. there needs to be better organization in terms of solved issues..so if a thread is started regarding a certain electrical problem and it gets resolved..it needs to have a "RESOLVED" label attached the the topic...there also needs to be some sort of recognition system in a persons profile or avatar portion where it gives how many times a person has either posted the resolve and/or the person who helped resolve it. when u research these forums u have no idea if a that thread has come to a conclusion or not. so u read and read and read..not finding much of anything..so people start new threads...frustrating.
You and Dicer have legitimate observations regarding the way the CL mods have organized things. Personally, nothing irritates more than when I get a dismissive "go check the sticky" comment on a thread. As if that section is the holy grail of Lexus info and there cannot possibly be any issues which were not already addressed there. Let's all get down off the high horse and remember why we do this - to help each other and to learn from one another.

Last edited by Hiroshi12; 07-14-15 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-14-15, 09:05 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

IBTL

but really guys, the stickies are there as a quick and main reference, and has all the pertinent info in one spot. now of course you may create threads to expound on the subject matter to your own experience, but there is no need to reiterate the same info. this clutters up the forums, and makes for unnecessary dialogue. i suppose i'm not helping here either...
Old 07-14-15, 10:45 AM
python
Lexus Champion

cluttering up the forums? i believe better organization would alleviate that..example..a sub-forum for all resolved issues. think of how much reading/time that would save people who are spending time researching threads that were never followed up on by the OP.
Old 07-14-15, 10:56 AM
UNCNOR
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hiroshi12
You and Dicer have legitimate observations regarding the way the CL mods have organized things. Personally, nothing irritates more than when I get a dismissive "go check the sticky" comment on a thread. As if that section is the holy grail of Lexus info and there cannot possibly be any issues which were not already addressed there. Let's all get down off the high horse and remember why we do this - to help each other and to learn from one another.
Hear hear Hiroshi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-15, 02:38 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

And right after it gets cleaned up new members will join and not bother to go to the cleaned up section and we start it all over again. I rarely tell ppl to search but some folks don't even attempt to look for solutions to their problem. The simple problems are the worst since they are so easy to find just by using the search tool. I actually find solutions to the more complex issues littered all over the web in various Lexus forums that don't directly pertain to the LS.
Old 07-14-15, 06:14 PM
python
Lexus Champion

like which one..fixya? lol
Old 07-15-15, 02:42 AM
dicer
Lead Lap

cluttering up the forums? i believe better organization would alleviate that..example..a sub-forum for all resolved issues. think of how much reading/time that would save people who are spending time researching threads that were never followed up on by the OP.

Right on.

Maybe let some of us be volunteers to keep things organized. And strict elimination of non Gen 1 topics in the Gen 1 forum, same goes for other Gen forums. That means no asking about a 1995 or newer in a Gen 1 forum.
Sub forums YES like the example below.

Gen 1 (as main the rest are subs of it this with in LS400 main forum and could be subs with in the subs) And with volunteer policing it could be almost clutter free.

General
Suspension
Engine
Electrical
Transmission
Misc Power train
Interior
Paint and body
Old 07-15-15, 07:07 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

like which one..fixya? lol
Since you mentioned it I guess that's your go to place when you can't get answers here. CL is just one of many Lexus forums. Lots of info on Toyota forums too since the engines are basically the same and at the end of the day most issues on this forum are basic problems that are universal to all cars. I'm All for the cleanup so don't get me wrong, I'm just not as bothered by it as you guys. Maybe you should post it in the site suggestion forums or contact a forum administrator and request to be a moderator.
Old 07-20-15, 05:56 AM
Hiroshi12
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
IBTL

but really guys, the stickies are there as a quick and main reference, and has all the pertinent info in one spot. now of course you may create threads to expound on the subject matter to your own experience, but there is no need to reiterate the same info. this clutters up the forums, and makes for unnecessary dialogue. i suppose i'm not helping here either...
We all know what the purpose of the Sticky section is Tim, but even you can admit that although there is some great info there not every issue is covered. I think some "senior" members forget that sometimes.