LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Stainless Steel Brake Lines... did search nothing

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-03, 03:57 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stainless Steel Brake Lines... did search nothing

My dad has a 96 LS400 and I would like to know where I can find some stainless steel brake lines for him. I checked carparts.com and they have it for the 90-94 models. Does anyone know where i can find some for the 1996 model? and if not any know if the 90-94 lines can work on the 1996? Thanx in advance.
Old 07-09-08, 07:51 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

well i'm bumping this old thread because my dad still wants some stainless steel brake lines for his 1996. From the searching, it still seems like there aren't any stainless steel lines out there for the UCF20/21. However, I'm surprised no one noticed this, but looking through a hyperrev, there are 3 companies that produce stainless steel brake lines for the UCF20/21; APP, SFIDA, and Cerumo Sports. Does anyone know their website? or any way to contact them? something that can point me in the right direction as to obtain the brake lines?
Old 07-09-08, 07:57 PM
UCF11
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/

lists them for the UCF11

I have 2 celsiors, one with steel lines one with out.

Cant say I even noticed a differance.

Brake feel is pretty much identical.

Some claim a noticable differance tho.
Old 07-09-08, 08:04 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

yea in my search, some said that the UCF10 goodridge's may work but that it'd be a tight fit. Don't think my dad would go for that. Also, that's using a line for 2 pistons vs 4 pistons. I found these on yahoo japan... can anyone translate for me?
http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/p121002018
Old 07-09-08, 08:17 PM
UCF11
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use this mate,

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

Sometimes it works great,

Somes its terrible.

I have been told japanese is hard to translate it has strange sentence structure or something like that.
Old 07-09-08, 08:20 PM
dragonhvu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can get them made. any hydraulic supply company should be able to do it.
Old 07-09-08, 08:24 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

In the past search, I noticed puredrifter I believe said he could get Goodridge to make some if there was a demand. It's been close to a couple years and I'm sure the demand is there now as a lot of SC's are now using those 4 piston calipers as an upgrade. So not only would the brakes lines be beneficial for those LS's but also those SC's. Hope he chimes in here.
Old 07-09-08, 10:11 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexAnt
In the past search, I noticed puredrifter I believe said he could get Goodridge to make some if there was a demand. It's been close to a couple years and I'm sure the demand is there now as a lot of SC's are now using those 4 piston calipers as an upgrade. So not only would the brakes lines be beneficial for those LS's but also those SC's. Hope he chimes in here.
hey guys, goodridge, last i spoke to them, wanted a set of oem lines (hard to buy used, most yards wont sell them for some reason ) and even then it is a maybe due to the lack of demand.

lexant, the SC and GS guys who use our brakes have no problem using SS lines made for their cars, the banjo fittings on the ends of the lines are the same, its the length/shape that is the problem for the UCF20.
Old 07-09-08, 11:17 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

hrm is that so? i've spoken to a local sc'er who has LS brakes on his car and he said he had to use the LS lines. A lot of the SC guys who do the conversion have the spongy feel.

well nonetheless, i guess i'll try the jdm route. if i do manage to get my hands on it, i'll post up the info here.
Old 07-10-08, 01:35 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by LexAnt
hrm is that so? i've spoken to a local sc'er who has LS brakes on his car and he said he had to use the LS lines. A lot of the SC guys who do the conversion have the spongy feel.

well nonetheless, i guess i'll try the jdm route. if i do manage to get my hands on it, i'll post up the info here.
in all honesty, you dont need SS lines.
yes, you hear so much about guys putting SS lines on their cars and having positive results, but every review ive seen involves guys who replaced their well aged already swollen lines, and most had not recently (if ever) flushed their brake fluid.

SS lines on a brand new car will not make an extremely noticeable difference in brake feel. throw new "normal" brake lines on instead of ur old and you'll feel a hell of a difference as well.
Old 07-10-08, 09:16 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

well it's not for my car... my dad prefers to have them.
Old 07-10-08, 11:42 PM
damon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sore subject for me.
I run SS on the front currently in my 94LS.

Got sent a set of front & rears that did not fit. Found out they did not fit in mid-install & quit after the front install that do not have enough length to properly fit in the bracket. They are "floating" as we speak.

Got sent a 2nd set that supposedly did fit but they were stolen out of my trunk by someone at the body shop that worked on my hit & run door damage.

My aggravation level is high!!
Old 07-10-08, 11:54 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

meh, SS lines like the goodridge are a worthy upgrade JUST because they are pretty damn cheap, $100ish a set of 4 which isnt THAT much more than OEM.

150-200 is a LOT more...
Old 07-11-08, 12:29 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I will be hopefully getting a company to make a set probably in the 150 range a set range for the 95-00 LS . It will be atleast a month before i know how it goes as i will try it out on mine first before saying it is good enough for sale.
Old 07-11-08, 02:34 AM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup, I still have my SS lines in my trunk, I'm going to need to do my brakes soon because I can hear they need resurfacing...

Quick Reply: Stainless Steel Brake Lines... did search nothing