ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000-183/)
-   -   Car theft anti-deterrent or ??? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/734620-car-theft-anti-deterrent-or.html)

BenjiB707 03-19-14 11:56 PM

Car theft anti-deterrent or ???

Hey guys I am having a nightmare with this 1990 LS400...

Basically my car wont start.. It USED to come on when I unplugged/replugged battery and locked/unlocked doors but now it wont fire up.. When I put key in ignition the steering wheel won't go down, doors won't lock/unlock but just lights in dash/dome lights come on but when I turn key nothing happens..

Note that my Driver side door lock cylinder is pushed in maybe that has something to do with immobilizing my car?? I simply even unplugged all electrical connections going to the door but still nothing. I even tried replacing my theft box and even my starter but nada :sad:

Mechanics told me that I need to get the theft computer thing reset and that they won't even touch my car.. What can I do? Thanks

RA40 03-20-14 12:01 AM

Sounds to me like a dead battery.

BenjiB707 03-20-14 11:47 AM

Unfortunately I wish it was :( Just got a new battery and even jump starting it but nada :(

LScowboyLS 03-20-14 01:10 PM

try disconnecting the negative battery cable over night - and then make sure you are truly using a master LS key, not the valet key

also, even though you say the battery is new, perhaps it has become discharged from an interior light left on, etc.

to prove to yourself and to us that the battery is fine, put a voltmeter across it, it should read 12.6V or higher, if it reads lower, you need to disconnect the positive and negative battery connections and charge the battery with a battery charger

timmy0tool 03-20-14 01:39 PM

so there is no power at all to anything on the car? no lights, no sounds, nothing?

check all your battery terminal connections if they are plugged in on the other end into the car. you could have a good battery but it is useless if it is not connected properly to the car. also check your main fuses.

if there is some power, does the starter engage? (cranks)

BenjiB707 04-06-14 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by timmy0tool (Post 8441469)
so there is no power at all to anything on the car? no lights, no sounds, nothing?

check all your battery terminal connections if they are plugged in on the other end into the car. you could have a good battery but it is useless if it is not connected properly to the car. also check your main fuses.

if there is some power, does the starter engage? (cranks)

I actually hot-wired the Starter relay switch with a piece of wire and it fires up.. What can be wrong with it?? I concluded the starter works but How can I make it where i can just put key in and start it .. Thats why I'm thinking it's the theft. Any advice???? Thanks

BenjiB707 04-06-14 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by LScowboyLS (Post 8441415)
try disconnecting the negative battery cable over night - and then make sure you are truly using a master LS key, not the valet key

also, even though you say the battery is new, perhaps it has become discharged from an interior light left on, etc.

to prove to yourself and to us that the battery is fine, put a voltmeter across it, it should read 12.6V or higher, if it reads lower, you need to disconnect the positive and negative battery connections and charge the battery with a battery charger

I am using a true LS key, and it's not the battery I actually hot-wired the starter relay and it fires up. I'm thinking it's something to do with the door locks or something.. It's stuck in a theft mode Im guessing .:cry::cry:

cobalt91 04-06-14 02:43 PM

How much power is at the relay? I dont think that the 90 came with an immobliser.

technol 09-17-14 05:50 PM

Did you ever sort this out and fix the issue? I have the same exact issue now.. :egads:

technol 09-22-14 04:43 AM

Mine ended up being the starter relay.