LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

New to the Forums

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-14, 05:28 PM
HighMilage
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Forums

Hey guys I've been lurking for a while and decided that it was time to finally join the forums, I bought my '93 LS in November of 2013, and I love it, its my first car, (everything else has been a truck, I also still own a slammed '98 Dakota R/T) its come a long way since I first bought it and it still has a long way to go, and I'm still unsure if I'm going to leave it stock or not. Looking forward to being at a few meets when the weather finally breaks

New to the Forums-lxjiuue.jpg
New to the Forums-yxgcjqb.jpg
New to the Forums-mheb1in.jpg
Old 03-15-14, 05:42 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Hello and welcome to the forum. That pic of the phone takes me back, I forget about the change rack in the arm rest lol.
Old 03-15-14, 05:56 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Welcome and congrats on the LS!
Old 03-15-14, 06:50 PM
FSportJoe
Driver School Candidate

Welcome to CL! The LS is a fine automobile!

FSportJoe
Old 03-15-14, 07:45 PM
aomdedude1
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, love your first gen! Welcome to the forum. I have a 94 myself. Your body looks pretty straight. Were your bumpers ever painted, they are not chipping at all like mine. (mine was originally a city car though)

Was that antenna on the back window stock? Is it for the phone?

EDIT: Just looked at the high res.. that's some nasty rust/ paint bubbling on your rear quarter panel. =[
Old 03-15-14, 08:11 PM
sshhlexus
Rookie

I've got the exact same car. Bought it off my bro in 2011, low miles too. Even the wheels are the same, entirely. Interior same too, but I have no phone or phone connection. Mine had a non-functioning remote starter, so I removed it, don't need it in Fla.

My gear shifter leather is a lot more worn out than yours, my seats are still in good condition as well as the drivers.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-15-14, 09:02 PM
HighMilage
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys, its going to be a long haul to get it right but its my daily and I'm a huge Lexus fan as well as an employee, I fell in love with these when I first saw one roll through the our dealership, I'm a born muscle car guy, but I love imports too. This cars use is as my primary vehicle so I wont be going crazy with dropping it on coilovers and rims, (even though every fiber of my existence wants to stance the **** out of it haha).

My planned "mods" are
-Chrome LS430 18's
-245/45/18 tires
-OEM suspension replacement (its completely blown on the driver side)
-double DIN Pioneer nav (I need nav because I will be driving the ***** off of this car)
-address the rust problem on the drivers side as aomdedude1 pointed out
-sharp dent in the hood
-flowmaster 40's with resonator delete 2.5 inch piping (Again I'm a muscle car guy haha)
-LED tail lights
-Clear headlights
-8k HIDs
-Clear corners
-weather tech mats (I'm also a volunteer firefighter, I get dirty often)
-LED emergency strobe lighting for moving traffic (again, firefighter)
-full LED interior lighting
-Wood laminate flooring (because its classy as hell haha, also need to bolt the sub box to something)
-20% tint

I already have done
-Caps, rotors, plugs, and wires (bought the car for $1700, with 134,xxx on the clock, all original plugs too...yikes)
-Water pump and timing belt
-Alpine type-s door speakers
-Alpine type-r 12" sub w/1000w amp
-door switches (lights came on and off intermittently, which was good to laugh at for like 10 miles before it got annoying)
-trans flush
-rear axle flush
-engine air filter
-cabin air filter

I do know that the car was originally purchased at Lexus of Orlando, which it moved to Winston Salem about 8 years later, then to Upstate NY with the second owner, then to Ohio with the 3rd owner (the second owners brother) he finally moved to Mendham, NJ where I bought it and became the cars 4th and probably last owner. I purchased it for $1700 with 134,xxx on the odometer. None of the maintenance after 60k miles shows on any Lexus maintenance records.

Aomdedude1, I dont think the bumpers have ever been painted, and that rust is killing me, the rear antenna on is for the phone, which does turn on and illuminate, just doesnt work.

sshhlexus, I have the remote start still installed, it works when it wants to haha, this past winter in NJ has been brutal, and none of my other project cars have heat that wouldve saved my *** from freezing this year, I have wear on the seats, but nothing close to rips though.

Sorry it was a bit lengthy, but I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with this car, there will be tons of pictures from it road trips planned for it, and I'm also looking forward to what ever assistance I can be to other members!
Old 03-15-14, 09:23 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aomdedude1
Hey, love your first gen! Welcome to the forum. I have a 94 myself. Your body looks pretty straight. Were your bumpers ever painted, they are not chipping at all like mine. (mine was originally a city car though)

Was that antenna on the back window stock? Is it for the phone?

EDIT: Just looked at the high res.. that's some nasty rust/ paint bubbling on your rear quarter panel. =[
they look repaited if you look close color isnt matching. i wouldnt be suprised if they are
Old 03-15-14, 09:32 PM
HighMilage
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xxmariolxx
they look repaited if you look close color isnt matching. i wouldnt be suprised if they are
It appears to be a slight two tone to the car , I'm not really too sure, there is some odd yellowing though in the crevices below the headlight next to the lower valence opening area, then again I could be wrong, I never looked into it too much. I know what I'm doing tomorrow afternoon now.
Old 03-15-14, 09:47 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HighMilage
It appears to be a slight two tone to the car , I'm not really too sure, there is some odd yellowing though in the crevices below the headlight next to the lower valence opening area, then again I could be wrong, I never looked into it too much. I know what I'm doing tomorrow afternoon now.
i dont really know what you mean by two tone but this is why im saying they look repainted colors arent matching.
Attached Thumbnails New to the Forums-repaint.png  
Old 03-16-14, 08:14 AM
Dubbayoo
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the phone too. I'd like to remove it but I'm told it leaves a hole in the bottom.
Old 03-17-14, 05:18 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Since you work for Lexus I'm surprised it took you so long to get one.
But welcome to the club and be sure to keep us posted on progress.
Old 03-24-14, 11:29 AM
Skyhawk474
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and high milage means something different to an LS owner.
Old 03-24-14, 07:04 PM
wnyjazz
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome...nice looking 1st gen.