ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000-183/)
-   -   1995 ls400 trac off light is blinking slowly (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/721727-1995-ls400-trac-off-light-is-blinking-slowly.html)

MASTERkame 12-17-13 06:09 AM

1995 ls400 trac off light is blinking slowly

hello, im new here but was searching a lot in this forum. Just got my all break pads changed to new ones. Was forced to use bleeders just to force in the pistons for new pads maybe some fuild went on abs/trac ring. Also had to short circuit the front pad indicator becouse here in Lithuania u cant see these cars often and from dealers they cost a fortune (for exemple the new MAF costs 2k dollars when average wage here is 700 a month :D) but back to the problem. Abs works fine and trac works for first 10 sec. must to add thet the trac off is blincking at the ON position also (!) is show. Went to my electric he was diagnosed some mistakes before but now he cant even connect to the car the voltage is to low, even tried to use cigarete lighter. I'm lost now love this car but the winter is outside and u know that its insane to drive in snowy roads at 70 miles per hour without trac on. btw speed limit in our higways is 80 so i even now i'm passed by everyone with this beast :cry:

MASTERkame 12-17-13 10:11 PM

so no ideas where could i start? speed sensors etc? or i should just drive to local yard for breaking and look for a 98+ model with less problems.. :egads:

LScowboyLS 12-18-13 01:09 AM

a common issue on 1995 models is failing ECU capacitors - this can affect TRAC, ABS, speedometer, transmission and just generally running bad.

have you downloaded the TRAC diagnostic codes? (I am assuming you do not have OBD-II system than can be scanned)

Yamae 12-18-13 04:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Didn't you damage the speed sensor(s) when the brake job was done?
Speed sensors can be checked simply and easily doing below.

How to check speed sensors using an ABS indicator.
1, Turn the Ignition switch OFF.
2, Make a connection between E1(pin 3) and T5(pin16) of the DIAG connector.
3, Turn the Ignition switch ON (RUN Position).
4, Check the ABS warning light tuning on for 3 seconds then Off for 0.5 second and after that it blinks 0.13 second each as is shown at the bottom of the drawing.

If your ABS warning light does not turn on as is shown, that means one or more speed sensor(s) is (are) dead.
The attached drawing at the bottom is for RHD cars. LHD cars have the ABS warning light at the left I believe.

MASTERkame 12-18-13 06:59 AM

thanks for the help, but looks like my electric sucks at his job. Took my car back after 3 days, took of the glowe box or how its called found an trac computer cleaned all pins put all back together and it works fine! 15 min and job was done. Btw didnt tried to scan with obd2 yet, previously it didnt worked.

Yamae 12-18-13 07:14 AM

I don't think a European 95 LS400 is OBD2 compatible.

MASTERkame 12-18-13 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Yamae (Post 8286341)
I don't think a European 95 LS400 is OBD2 compatible.

it can be coz i dont trust that guy anymore..

LScowboyLS 12-18-13 11:45 AM

I think the cars in Europe got OBD-II very much later than USA, that is why I posted the like on how to use the wire jumper to download the codes! :)