LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

LS400 was keyed, repaint inquiry

Old 10-25-13, 08:21 PM
MattLS400
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damnn...Great car ! ......This looks like the work of an ex-girlfriend mayne ! sighs
Old 10-25-13, 09:24 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Since this is going to be a complete job, might consider having the emblems holes shaved/filled for that clean look. That's what I would do.
Old 10-25-13, 10:09 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremiah87
Also has anybody ever ran some aftermarket L emblems?...since they will be taking of the emblems from my trunk I was thinking of getting one of these in black:
In regards to the aftermarket emblems, perhaps look into using the OEM hybrid emblems (though size might differ from the LS400 emblem)

Last edited by Sc0pe; 10-26-13 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-26-13, 10:41 PM
Jeremiah87
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MattLS400
Damnn...Great car ! ......This looks like the work of an ex-girlfriend mayne ! sighs
Originally Posted by RA40
Since this is going to be a complete job, might consider having the emblems holes shaved/filled for that clean look. That's what I would do.
Originally Posted by Sc0pe
In regards to the aftermarket emblems, perhaps look into using the OEM hybrid emblems (though size might differ from the LS400 emblem)
1. Angry ex girlfriend = hide the car.

2. I am gonna ask em about that, wanna have the trunk emblem holes shaved and just run the L emblem (aftermarket or OEM hybrid one)

3. hybrid emblems off a LS?

And random but since were on the topic of paint, is this a stock LS400 color?

Just wondering, I think it looks great and the tan interior *gasp* works well with the green...I'm a fan.
Old 10-26-13, 11:02 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

3. hybrid emblems off a LS?

And random but since were on the topic of paint, is this a stock LS400 color?

Just wondering, I think it looks great and the tan interior *gasp* works well with the green...I'm a fan.
Well, I don't know about where you'd find them to match the LS, but you know the Lexus emblems with the blue outline that come on every hybrid Lexus now? See if you can find one of those.

As for that color, you're looking at Imperial Jade Mica. It looks amazing when the sun hits it and pretty mellow/classy without it. Here's a picture of my ride
Old 10-26-13, 11:11 PM
Jeremiah87
Pit Crew

Well, I don't know about where you'd find them to match the LS, but you know the Lexus emblems with the blue outline that come on every hybrid Lexus now? See if you can find one of those.

As for that color, you're looking at Imperial Jade Mica. It looks amazing when the sun hits it and pretty mellow/classy without it. Here's a picture of my ride
Oh yeah I know what you mean now, even the Toyota emblem (hybrid vehicles) have that blue outline as well. At least if I remember correctly seeing so.

Ha nice nice, I like it. It was the sun shot that threw me off, thought it might have been a custom paint job. And the tan works well with it. Even though my preference is for black interior, I do feel tan looks pretty good with the following exterior colors:

1. Green (calm....classic)
2. Blue (calm...classic)
3. Purple (this would be sick...a midnight purple LS400)
4. Red (would definitely make the LS400 seem sportier/younger looking)
5. black (that is what I got....makes me think of rottweilers with the whole black and tan color scheme)

^look at the doggie lol

Last edited by Jeremiah87; 10-26-13 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-26-13, 11:36 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Oh yeah I know what you mean now, even the Toyota emblem (hybrid vehicles) have that blue outline as well. At least if I remember correctly seeing so.

Ha nice nice, I like it. It was the sun shot that threw me off, thought it might have been a custom paint job. And the tan works well with it. Even though my preference is for black interior, I do feel tan looks pretty good with the following exterior colors:

1. Green (calm....classic)
2. Blue (calm...classic)
3. Purple (this would be sick...a midnight purple LS400)
4. Red (would definitely make the LS400 seem sportier/younger looking)
5. black (that is what I got....makes me think of rottweilers with the whole black and tan color scheme)

^look at the doggie lol
Yeah, when the sun hits it, stuff gets real

When it comes to blue, you can look to Big Steve. His LS isn't really all that calm though It takes a more sporty approach.

Oddly enough, there is a Midnight Purple LS. I have no idea whose it is, but it's from Liberty VIP.

There are a couple of red LS' stateside, which are both showstoppers in their own right. This LS belongs to sgv_bum.

and this one used to belong to Refined Elegance's Jeebus, though now it belongs to the owner of Original Garage.

If you're looking for black, well, you can just flip through the entire "Recent Pictures" thread
Old 10-26-13, 11:44 PM
Jeremiah87
Pit Crew

Subtle in the shade, pops in the sun.

All those LS400s look good in their own respect. The midnight purple is low key since it will look more black in the night and in the shade but under the sun I am sure the purple hue will turn some heads, just like the Imperial Jade Mica.

The blue one has the tuner/race look going on while the candy apple red LS has the sport/luxury vibe to it....like something you would see in a DUB magazine minus the dubs or are those 20s?! lol I cant tell but lll guess 19s.
Old 10-27-13, 02:41 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Subtle in the shade, pops in the sun.

All those LS400s look good in their own respect. The midnight purple is low key since it will look more black in the night and in the shade but under the sun I am sure the purple hue will turn some heads, just like the Imperial Jade Mica.

The blue one has the tuner/race look going on while the candy apple red LS has the sport/luxury vibe to it....like something you would see in a DUB magazine minus the dubs or are those 20s?! lol I cant tell but lll guess 19s.
I just remembered, Midnight Purple is the Nissan color The color you see there is actually Dark Amethyst. I'm madly in love with the color because of how subtley amazing it is. Not to mention I kind of have a purple theme going on with my car

I think they were 19s as well, but normally when you see those wheels (Weds Kranze LXZ) they're on some ridiculous wide/low/camber build, so 20s wouldn't be surprising. On Jeebus' old car, he actually ran a staggered 19/20 setup.

Last edited by Sc0pe; 10-27-13 at 02:47 AM.
Old 10-27-13, 09:00 AM
Jeremiah87
Pit Crew

I just remembered, Midnight Purple is the Nissan color The color you see there is actually Dark Amethyst. I'm madly in love with the color because of how subtley amazing it is. Not to mention I kind of have a purple theme going on with my car

I think they were 19s as well, but normally when you see those wheels (Weds Kranze LXZ) they're on some ridiculous wide/low/camber build, so 20s wouldn't be surprising. On Jeebus' old car, he actually ran a staggered 19/20 setup.
Dark amethyst huh, looks close enough to midnight purple to me lol.
There is a purple color for the Acura Integra GSR that I also think looks great (dark violet purple)

Hmmm maybe I should add some money on top of the insurance estimate and have my door jams/trunk repainted (engine bay I dont mind being black) and just do a color swap. Since my car is already black, doing another dark color such as midnight purple wont be difficult...not like going from black to white.

And the LS400 can rock a variety of sizes, 17 being the smallest imo and 20 being the biggest. I think the ideal size is 18 or 19s....personally I like the 18s.

Oh what about a rootbeer colored LS400 like this teg:

Another rootbeer colored ride

*Now I am thinking I really should do something other than stock just to change things up.

Last edited by Jeremiah87; 10-27-13 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-27-13, 11:47 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Dark amethyst huh, looks close enough to midnight purple to me lol.
There is a purple color for the Acura Integra GSR that I also think looks great (dark violet purple)

Hmmm maybe I should add some money on top of the insurance estimate and have my door jams/trunk repainted (engine bay I dont mind being black) and just do a color swap. Since my car is already black, doing another dark color such as midnight purple wont be difficult...not like going from black to white.

And the LS400 can rock a variety of sizes, 17 being the smallest imo and 20 being the biggest. I think the ideal size is 18 or 19s....personally I like the 18s.

Oh what about a rootbeer colored LS400 like this teg:

Another rootbeer colored ride

*Now I am thinking I really should do something other than stock just to change things up.
When I think of Midnight Purple, I think of the colorshifting Skylines From every picture I've seen, 19s are a good middle ground, but I'm with you on the 18s. And between purple and rootbeer, I say go with rootbeer! I feel it would look awesome with a tan interior. The closest rootbeer-esque color I can find from Lexus is Fire Agate Pearl, but there's also Brown Spice Mica.
Old 10-27-13, 06:04 PM
Jeremiah87
Pit Crew

When I think of Midnight Purple, I think of the colorshifting Skylines From every picture I've seen, 19s are a good middle ground, but I'm with you on the 18s. And between purple and rootbeer, I say go with rootbeer! I feel it would look awesome with a tan interior. The closest rootbeer-esque color I can find from Lexus is Fire Agate Pearl, but there's also Brown Spice Mica.
Speaking of colorshifting...a chameleon painted LS400 might be pretty sick but thinking about it might be overkill for a luxury car.

Since I already have tan interior and decided not to even try a conversion, I can choose a color that will complement it. Ill make my mind by tomorrow since thats when I finalize the work to be completed with the body shop/insurance.

I like this color:

Check out this ^ rootbeer brown GS400....his exterior color works well with the tan.

Last edited by Jeremiah87; 10-27-13 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-01-13, 09:18 PM
xtremex626
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

lol, both the midnight purple and candy red LS' (1st and 2nd pic) belong to sgv_bum (Johnny). midnight purple was his first paint job.
Old 11-01-13, 10:14 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Lots and lots of nice colors. OTOH, choose one that is reasonably easy to work with that when the situation arises a re-spray isn't going to be difficult. This works fine if the shop and your paint guy are long term. Heavy metal flakes can be challenging and those off axis change paint jobs are equally complex.

After you get it sprayed, let it cure then get it to a clear bra installer. If you have a second car this works great because the paint will be in good condition.
Old 11-02-13, 12:18 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xtremex626
lol, both the midnight purple and candy red LS' (1st and 2nd pic) belong to sgv_bum (Johnny). midnight purple was his first paint job.
It can't be unseen Honestly though, the car is sexy in either phase, but looks way more Japanese-inspired with the (loud) red paint and the Weds Kranze LXZs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS400 was keyed, repaint inquiry