LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Exhuast help needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-22, 07:38 PM
WheresLiam
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhuast help needed

So in the recent two years of me owning my LS400 I have chopped off the mufflers and resonators for a full straight pipe from the end of the y pipe from the cats and I have gotten God speed Coilovers. I dropped the front end about a inch and a half and the rear end 2-3 inches. With that my exhaust hanger at the end broke and has been weighing down my exhaust causing it to scrap on anything and/or everything. Since Dropping the front end to a Inch and half my exhaust has been scrapping more aggressively. I went to figure out what part of my exhaust is scrapping and it comes to my conclusion that it may be the 45 degree angle of the exhaust just after the cats. I am here to get some help on what I should do for the exhaust so that I can keep it at the height it is now and not scrap so aggressively on speed bumps at really slow speeds. Thank you for reading please all help is appreciated.
Old 08-01-22, 09:45 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

you will need to get the 'downpipe' exhaust tucked up even further, and unless you're good with a welder you will need to take it to an exhaust shop to have it done.

more:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...k-exhaust.html

Originally Posted by Schnitz
OK. Just got back from a local exhaust shop. This is what they suggested to do.
Cut the flange off the bottom of the cat and weld a new piece of mandrel bent pipe to it and add a new oxygen sensor bung. Like this:

This would join the centre pipe to the cat for good but I don't see a downside to that.

They said they've never been able to figure out the purpose of the circled piece. The weld is also letting loose at the arrow which will cause an exhaust leak. They don't think its a necessary piece and have suggested to not replace it.

Any thoughts?
​​​​​​​