LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Is there a Current Lip for the 95 ls400 ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-13, 06:32 AM
Shantz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a Current Lip for the 95 ls400 ??

Ive used the search and it seems everything I do find is discontinued and cant seem to find any around, I want a lip for the front of my ride just to finish off that low mean front end , there is an ebay lip for the 98 plus thats simple and would look nice " IF " it would fit but doesnt look like anyone has tried it and cant blame em 160 bucks or so to have it not fit might be something I have to venture on myself ...

If anyone knows of any current front lip kits please let me know pics help alot as well

Love the wald one but cant find it anywhere

Thanks
Old 03-01-13, 07:42 AM
TaffyK20si
Driver

I'm really wanting the Version Select front lip for my 97. I've found a couple of places that can get it. I don't think any lip/lip kit for an LS are going to be in stock in the states. That being said it expensive to get it shipped. One weird thing I've noticed when calculating the cost... Having it shipped from a shop in the states was around $200+. I researched and found it in Canada, price to ship was around $100 and some change. What the hell is that? It's more expensive in my own damn country?
Anyway, this is the VS lip I'm referring to.

Old 03-01-13, 01:26 PM
RA010623
Pit Crew

thanks for the picture that is what i really wanted for my 95 the version select v2 kit but they are like $800+ for full kit i believe
Old 03-01-13, 07:33 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

not a fan of the VS kit, or the original JDM kit it was knocked off from.

The rear bumper is the only half-decent part on it imho, but to each his own.
Old 03-02-13, 07:02 PM
TaffyK20si
Driver

What exactly is it that you don't like about it? The quality, fit and finish? Or just the over all look and design?
Old 03-02-13, 08:34 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

PD's after this look:

But seriously, a Spindle Grill on a 400 would be...uh...interesting.
Old 03-02-13, 10:37 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by TaffyK20si
What exactly is it that you don't like about it? The quality, fit and finish? Or just the over all look and design?
partially design partially the fact that it's a knock off of a reputable japanese brand.

I have no direct or indirect experience with their fitment so I can't comment on it.
Old 03-02-13, 10:40 PM
Shantz
Driver School Candidate

I kinda like that front lip sipple and clean , thats kind of what im looking for , but I dont know about spending a small fortune for it , I remember back in the honda days I knew some people would take a lip design and some measurements and make a mold for other cars m wish I could get in contact with those guys , or had the knowledge myself to pull it off , I will be doing some sort of lip even if it means taking measure ments finding a lip I like designed for another vehicle and doing some custom fiberglass work , or literally just creating my own lip , It shouldnt be that hard I can do fiberglass well just never tried a lip before mostly sub boxes and custom stereo consoles and such ..

We shall see how I feel about it , Im going to also make my own eyelids As I did on my accord back in the day ,,

Old 03-03-13, 09:42 AM
TaffyK20si
Driver

PD, I understand how you feel. I'm only curius about the front lip. I've looked into it a bit and it's still around $400+ for the front alone shipped. I had no idea it was a knock off.

Originally Posted by RA40
But seriously, a Spindle Grill on a 400 would be...uh...interesting.
Yeah the new LS are sweet. I just for some reason think they all look like praying mantis' or insects in the front. Maybe they will grow on me.

What do you mean by Spindle grill? I made this grille not too long ago from strips of chrome I bought at advanced auto.

Old 03-03-13, 10:50 AM
j2b4o
Pole Position

I would check andysauto if I were you. They have loads of kits and stuff for the ucf10, competitively priced.
Old 03-03-13, 12:27 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

except he's got a UCF20, and most of the kits on andysauto are knock offs and ED stuff, which is of relatively low fitment quality.

Last edited by PureDrifter; 03-03-13 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-03-13, 03:35 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by TaffyK20si
PD, I understand how you feel. I'm only curius about the front lip. I've looked into it a bit and it's still around $400+ for the front alone shipped. I had no idea it was a knock off.
IIRC All the version select kits are knock offs/fakes, they aren't replicas because they give no credit to the original kit designer, not that it would help.

example:
Original Japanese made Evolution Exclusive Euro

Version Select Zenki version 2 kit (They even recycle the pictures...)

Auto Couture '95-97 Comfort Line

from http://www.auto-couture.com/toyota/u..._cf/index.html

vs.

Version Select Zenki Version 1 (again, stole the image from the original manufacturer)

Same story with the '98-00 LS400 kits, and the UCF10 kits, and pretty much everything else they make. Hence I have no love at all for Version Select, as they stole the designs of companies that actually put work into designing their kits.

Version Select, Extreme Dimensions, and companies like them are the one of the main reasons the original Japanese custom kit houses stop making kits/stop making new kits for cars, or in the case of some famous names (Anceltion for example) go out of business.
Old 03-03-13, 05:34 PM
j2b4o
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
except he's got a UCF20, and most of the kits on andysauto are knock offs and ED stuff, which is of relatively low fitment quality.
Yea I know that I was just sharing my experience with the site. I looked and they have a lip for the 20 and they have a real pic of fitment for comparison. Andy's has wings west kits and those are definitely not low quality kits, but they are the only kit maker I have tried from Andy's. It is a shame that many of the better company's have gone out of business.
Old 03-03-13, 05:51 PM
tmvqpbvu
Driver School Candidate

I will be doing some sort of lip even if it means taking measure ments finding a lip I like designed for another vehicle and doing some custom fiberglass work
Old 03-03-13, 07:22 PM
Shantz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tmvqpbvu
I will be doing some sort of lip even if it means taking measure ments finding a lip I like designed for another vehicle and doing some custom fiberglass work
Sounds horrid like , but I do not in anyway mean a goddy ugly lip, I just want a nice simple lip , I do agree its sad that knock offs take the real companies out of business however I dont usually for the most part believe that the original is soooo much better than it should be 5-7k for a lip kit if another company can make a kit with cheaper materials for less than 1k , its too far a stretch in price for me to agree on , if the original company was willing to bring down prices over time witch ive almost never seen , most of these companies make a kit for a 95 during 1995 , then 6-8 yrs later havent come down on pricing much at all its a little rediculous to think it shouldnt drop in price for several reasons

1 Those cars drop considerably in price from point A -B
2 The lack of sales on a kit for an older car should prompt reason to drop pricing to make more attractive pricing for those that purchased used vehicles

Its kinda of like buying last years model , price should go down and too often the prices dont , by the time a company has the time to make a knock off your price should make it worthless for them to do so .. generally the knock offs dont come out til years after the originals .

this is just my experience with knock offs of almost any sort , wheels in particular , usually even spending the lower cost , knock of makers will wait to make sure the wheels they pick to duplicate are popular , I dont mind knock offs cause Im not showing the car and I like to drive my car , I also live in new england where buying wheels for 4k and driving them into the ground would **** me off in a year , where as driving knock offs down to the bone wouldnt phase me cause they have served there perpose , I would almost rather buy 3 sets of knock offs for that same 3-4k and have new wheels every couple of years than sport the same beat up REAL , Works , volks ect .... unless my car was garaged and show only , thats a totally different ball game ...

I even feel the same about paint , I dont want to have a stomach ulser everytime I hear pebbles bouncing off my paint cause I paid 10k for a real nice paint job, I DRIVE my cars so a cheap paint job every few years makes more sense for me .. =0)

hope atleast one person understands my little rant hahahaha

Shantz

Quick Reply: Is there a Current Lip for the 95 ls400 ??