LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

95 ls trunk harness pinout

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-12, 03:56 PM
dhhd
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 ls trunk harness pinout

My 95 ls has a bad connector in the trunk. It's on the right side, and it has the wires so heavily corroded that they broke free from their pinouts and I don't know what wires to connect to what. One side has the following color wires:
Blk
Yellow
White/blk
White/blue
Blk/red
Green/red
Blue/white
Blue
Blk/silver dots
Blk
Red
White/pink dots

The other side is the following colors
Blk
Yellow
Pink
Blue/blk
White/silver dot
Blue/yellow
White
Orange
Blue/red
Grey/black

Thanks for the help. I appreciate anything your able to offer.
Old 05-16-12, 03:59 PM
SpencerT
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post up pictures of the area and pin in question, and ill see If I cant get you pictures from my 95 ls400
Old 05-16-12, 04:14 PM
dhhd
Rookie

Thanks for the quick response, I am at work now, I'll post pics when I get out and show u where im talking about. It rides on the downside of the inner wheel well. Right side. Behind the right trunk carpet by the first aid kit. It's a 12 pin white connector, the wire has foam around the loom/heat wrap. I figured I would described it a lil better until I can get pics up.
Thanks
Old 05-17-12, 08:28 AM
matchesLS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What's not working because of this problem. I have the FSM at home and may be able to help you. I too am at work and won't be home until tomorrow though.
Old 05-17-12, 05:26 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by dhhd
Thanks for the quick response, I am at work now, I'll post pics when I get out and show u where im talking about. It rides on the downside of the inner wheel well. Right side. Behind the right trunk carpet by the first aid kit. It's a 12 pin white connector, the wire has foam around the loom/heat wrap. I figured I would described it a lil better until I can get pics up.
Thanks
The first aid kit in the 1995 LS400 is under the driver seat. Do you mean "tool kit"?

Did your car once have a dealer installed Lexus phone? Do the 12 pin connectors look like the big white ones joined together in the attached photo? If so, the connectors would be plugged into the phone ECU. On cars without the phone or on cars where the phone has been removed, the connectors should be attached to a plastic bracket attached to the bottom of the tool kit receptacle so they don't get wet and corrode. If the wires become corroded and detached, both the radio and the HVAC system can be affected since the phone system muted the radio and lowered the blower fan speed.
Attached Thumbnails 95 ls trunk harness pinout-trunk-connector-3.jpg   95 ls trunk harness pinout-trunk-connector-4.jpg  
Old 05-18-12, 08:18 AM
dhhd
Rookie

Yes that is the connector I am talking about. I have no trunk operation. The trunk will not latch and it will not "pop" when I hit the pop button on the drivers side dash. The lights all work out back. I want to fix the connector even if it is not relative to the trunk issue just because I don't like leave stuff in a poor condition. I am trying to mint this car out. Thanks for the help.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...iredamage2.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...iredamage1.jpg

I tried to post the pic but it said invalid file.. FYI I am horrible with computers haha.

Thanks Again!!
Old 08-03-13, 08:08 AM
dhhd
Rookie

Bump... nobody has any wiring diagram info on the harness in the trunk and its relationship to the control of the trunk? I searched and found the fuel door is on the same circuit and that works so the fuse is good. Knowing I gave broken wires in the trunk seems to be the wisest place to start. The car has been a long project and is in the best shop now for paint so I really want to get this sorted out. I appreciate any and all help! Thank you!!
Old 08-03-13, 09:15 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

mb it'd be best to find a 95 at the junkyard, clip the end of that harness and splice it on to yours. colors should be all the same, so you could see what goes where anyway.
Old 08-03-13, 11:29 AM
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts

here are the locations - Lexus calls the trunk "Luggage compartment" and here is the wiring diagram
Old 08-07-13, 08:24 AM
dhhd
Rookie

Mspearl, I would but there are none in the junkyards around me if you can believe it! Cowboyls, I tried those links and they came up in some jibberish and won't load properly. Could you view them no problem?
Old 08-07-13, 03:30 PM
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by dhhd
Mspearl, I would but there are none in the junkyards around me if you can believe it! lsCowboyls, I tried those links and they came up in some jibberish and won't load properly. Could you view them no problem?
there is nothing wrong with the links, you need to remove any PDF readers on your computer such as Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader because they have apparently become corrupted and then reinstall them or a better alternative PDF reader.

my favorite PDF file reader is Sumatra PDF and I have probably tried 10 different ones.