LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

95-97 Ls400 Led tail light problem,help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-11, 03:16 AM
yaQuzza
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95-97 Ls400 Led tail light problem,help?

I purchase Led tails by Depo. It's really cool but I have a slight problem. Left outer turn signal BULB went out and I replaced it with another bulb and now its not blinking. Also on the cluster, ever since I installed the Led Tail Lights, I have a check light for the tail light lit up? Does anybody know if it's the fuse and where the fuse box. I don't see it on the engine bay wiring diagram. I'm a noob. I had the for a few months. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-19-11, 05:18 AM
Rey
Pole Position

I have the same lights. Did you install the resister boxes?

As far as signal. Make sure it's the correct bulb and it is installed correctly.
Old 10-19-11, 08:10 AM
yaQuzza
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rey
I have the same lights. Did you install the resister boxes?

As far as signal. Make sure it's the correct bulb and it is installed correctly.
Yes, it's installed correctly cuz I flip and flip the bulb and i was getting nothing. What does the resister boxes do? When put all 6 of them on my reverse light just stayed on? Don't know why? When I took out the 4 resister box from the inner led tail lights. Reverse light turn off but work normally with out the resister box? How's you working? Could mines be just the main fuse?
Old 10-19-11, 11:03 AM
Rey
Pole Position

I think you have it wrong. The resister boxes are what prevent the tail lamp out indicator light from being on. You need to have 2 resister boxes on each outer tail light and 1 resister box on each inner. Mine work fine other then having 1 dead led on the right side inner tail light. I'm probably gonna have it replaced.
Old 10-19-11, 11:04 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

LEDs produce low resistance so the car will think all your bulbs are busted. the resistor boxes add resistance to the lines to trick the dash light to thinking all bulbs are working fine. i believe you need to install them in-line to each bulb input. if you can live with that dash light on, then i wouldn't worry about it.

as for the signal light, does the right side work? if it does it's not the fuse. also just use the hazard switch to test. try swapping the right side bulb (the side that works) and see if it's the bulb. most likely it's just the bulb itself. if not then you might have cross wired or shorted something.
Old 10-19-11, 03:18 PM
yahoo_san
Driver School Candidate

I have the same taillights. I was super confused about how to wire in the resistors so I just left them out. My dash light has been on ever since but it doesn't affect your car in anyway.

Those of you that have installed the resistors, do you mind throw a picture out.. the directions that came with my set of lights wasn't very helpful at all...
Old 10-19-11, 03:44 PM
Rey
Pole Position

Its pretty self explanatory once you have eveything in front of you. Harnesses with 2 resister boxes go on the outer lights. The harnesses with 1 go on the inner taillights. You put all harnesses inline of the factory harness. So, you unplug the factory harnesses, install female plug of factory harness to male plug of aftermarket harness, then install factory harness male plug to aftermarket female plug. Its really not all that difficult once you figure it out. Its all plug and play so you can only use so many plugs.
Old 10-19-11, 05:05 PM
yaQuzza
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rey
Its pretty self explanatory once you have eveything in front of you. Harnesses with 2 resister boxes go on the outer lights. The harnesses with 1 go on the inner taillights. You put all harnesses inline of the factory harness. So, you unplug the factory harnesses, install female plug of factory harness to male plug of aftermarket harness, then install factory harness male plug to aftermarket female plug. Its really not all that difficult once you figure it out. Its all plug and play so you can only use so many plugs.

That's weird. My inner tail light uses 2 resistors. Why do your use one on the inner. Mines totally opposite.
Old 10-19-11, 05:10 PM
Rey
Pole Position

It's not weird. That's why I'm saying yours is wrong. Think about it, there's 2 brake light bulbs on the outers and 1 on the inners. Therefore 2 resisters on the outers and 1 on the inner. Make sense? Why do you think mine works correctly and yours does not?