LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Bought New Leather Seat Covers 195 LS

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-11, 07:48 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bought New Leather Seat Covers 195 LS

I haven't posted in a while. I still drive my 95 LS a couple days a week and on weekends. I have been wanting to get new leather seats. I finally ordered them from a vendor I found on this site (leatherseats.com). I received the kit last week (seats, head rests and arm rests).

I ditched the beige and chose dark brown to match the trim. The quality and craftsmanship so far is really good. I plan on installing the seat covers when it cools off. I will post pics later. I only swapped the covers on the rear head rests to see the difference - nice
Old 08-28-11, 08:02 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by steveski
I haven't posted in a while. I still drive my 95 LS a couple days a week and on weekends. I have been wanting to get new leather seats. I finally ordered them from a vendor I found on this site (leatherseats.com). I received the kit last week (seats, head rests and arm rests).

I ditched the beige and chose dark brown to match the trim. The quality and craftsmanship so far is really good. I plan on installing the seat covers when it cools off. I will post pics later. I only swapped the covers on the rear head rests to see the difference - nice

nice to see you back on steve! let's see hwat you got

ps-tried to call you a few weeks back, think i have the wrong number o.O you didnt suddenly get a cajun accent did you?
Old 08-29-11, 09:03 AM
Rey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In for pics. My driver seat leather is getting pretty bad on the bolster. Even my passenger seat is showing cracks. My rear seats though are still nice and supple since hardly anyone sits back there.

Did you buy the tool for the rings that hold the covers on?
Old 08-29-11, 09:50 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

very nice Steve, been wanting to do the same but that price tag hurts.
Old 08-29-11, 10:23 AM
ray316
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking about doing the same thing can I ask how much did you pay for this?? pics would be awesome too!!!
Old 08-29-11, 03:11 PM
Rdrcr
Pole Position

Pics!!!!!

Mike
Old 08-29-11, 07:33 PM
chalels40o
Driver School Candidate

pics n how much they charging u???
Old 08-29-11, 07:58 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Hey guys it has been a while. You may recall my car rolled out of my garage and side swipped every tree in my side yard before stopping against the street light....wow it was really expensive to repair the right way. I was going to junk it but honestly I just couldn't get rid of it. After I had new steel welded on and fresh paint it looked like new again.

The next step in the money pit was the interior. I have the lighter beige with dark brown trim. I decided to go with the dark brown seats throughout. I bought it from a vendor we all know.

They included front and rear seats, both arm rests, all head rests and the back of the drivers seats where the pockets are. I ended up getting the kit for less than $1,000 which included the hog rings and pliers used to install the new leather covers. I am pretty capable and plan on doing the install myself. The vendor was awesome and I will give updates as I install the covers.

Since it has been really hot in Houston I only have changed the rear head rests. I really like the color. The photos below don't do the color justice. Imagine the color matches the dark brown trim many of us have...I wish I had basic black but this is life...

I plan on tackling the back seat this weekend as I finally have some time. I don't drive the car daily anymore so I an do it as I have time. Here are quick pics:
Attached Thumbnails Bought New Leather Seat Covers 195 LS-front-seats-with-arm-rest.jpg   Bought New Leather Seat Covers 195 LS-rear-seat-with-arm-rest.jpg   Bought New Leather Seat Covers 195 LS-new-leather-brown-rear-head-rests.jpg   Bought New Leather Seat Covers 195 LS-front-head-rests-brown.jpg   Bought New Leather Seat Covers 195 LS-seat-cover-close-up.jpg  

Old 08-29-11, 08:02 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PureDrifter

nice to see you back on steve! let's see hwat you got

ps-tried to call you a few weeks back, think i have the wrong number o.O you didnt suddenly get a cajun accent did you?
PD! Good to be back Brother! No Cajun - still the same fellow
Old 08-29-11, 08:03 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

best mod you can do for the interior. ive had mine for 3 years now and they still look good. gl with the install
Old 08-29-11, 08:15 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow those will looks good, the quality looks a little better since it is less smooth.
Old 08-29-11, 08:17 PM
Rey
Pole Position

That looks pretty good. I know where im getting mine at now. Ive been told swapping covers isnt too difficult. This was also told to me by a person which at the time had very little automotive skills.
Old 08-29-11, 08:52 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

doing it right without any wrinkles or stretch marks is a PAIN. that being said, you cold prolly get a decent upholstery guy to do it for not much money if you take the seats out to him with the ready made covers.
Old 08-30-11, 05:32 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

my next time im going with that color i think..too much light brown(peanut butter) in my car..post up final pics steve...also what about katskins? too expensive?
Old 08-30-11, 11:19 AM
steveski
Lexus Champion

I am definitely keeping the upholstery shop option in mind since I can remove all seats, etc. plus I have hardware, etc.

I looked at katzkins however, they did not list UCF20 (their stuff looks top notch though).

The seat covers are like pillow covers only they fit really snug. I will try this weekend at least the rear seat and do it little by little - I will definitely take pics....this may be longest interior install

Last edited by steveski; 08-30-11 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Bought New Leather Seat Covers 195 LS