LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

electrical problem, will not turn on my LS400

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-11, 01:46 PM
garyjohan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problema electrico

mi lexus ls400 del 1993 tiene problema electrico, no enciende, no tiene corriente en el motor....... yo quiero que alguien me ayude y me diga cual podria ser el problema.... o si alguien tiene el diagrama electrico del ls400 de 1993, por favor mandemelo o diganme donde lo consigo.... gracias mi correo es amplificador@hotmail.com

My Lexus LS400 of 1993 has electrical problem, no lights, no motor current ....... I want someone to help me and tell me which could be the problem .... or if anyone has the wiring diagram of the LS400, 1993, please tell me mandemelo or where I get it .... thanks my email is amplificador@hotmail.com
Old 04-07-11, 01:50 PM
garyjohan
Driver School Candidate

Default electrical problem, will not turn on my LS400

My Lexus LS400 of 1993 has electrical problem, no lights, no motor current ....... I want someone to help me and tell me which could be the problem .... or if anyone has the wiring diagram of the LS400, 1993, please tell me mandemelo or where I get it .... thanks my email is amplificador@hotmail.com
Old 04-07-11, 04:21 PM
flaco1801
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check the wires on the drivers side in the trunk...you will see a group of wires tied to the hinge...for some reason it is a major cause of electrical problems over the years...happened to me already, some years back....
Old 04-11-11, 03:37 PM
garyjohan
Driver School Candidate

thanks, but I think this would be the reason why my LS400 will not start .... I know I will be more clear me I was in canada for 2 years and this is the time that I turn on my LS400, when I came I had to change the starter because the damaged rats and now when I put the engine has no power, and also want Draper know if instrument has to do with the lighting of my LS400, 1993 ..... boy it thank you very much if you help me solve my problem
Old 04-11-11, 08:40 PM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 312 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by garyjohan
thanks, but I think this would be the reason why my LS400 will not start .... I know I will be more clear me I was in canada for 2 years and this is the time that I turn on my LS400, when I came I had to change the starter because the damaged rats and now when I put the engine has no power, and also want Draper know if instrument has to do with the lighting of my LS400, 1993 ..... boy it thank you very much if you help me solve my problem
Well from what I understand, sort of, out of the translation you say you had rats so you had to change the starter? If that's the case then you're going to have to check all the wiring in the engine bay to see if they chewed the wires. Also check the main relay to see if it is still good. Anything can happen to a car that sits for 2 years. ( I think I read that right)What flaco1801 is saying is there is a wire that gets stretched when you open and close the trunk which causes all kinds of electrical problems on the LS400s. http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/bulbout.html
Old 04-11-11, 10:22 PM
garyjohan
Driver School Candidate

Excuse me for writing badly, my LS400 drive stopped 2 years without using it or switch it on, but when I turn the engine did not work on, then change and will not turn ....
when battery is removed it and then put it sounded the alarm, but now it does not ... I think it's a security problem or I think .... if you check what the flaco she said, but everything is alright ... but what is the main Ralay? ...
Old 04-12-11, 12:48 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 312 Likes on 269 Posts

The main relay is with the fuses in the engine compartment. If you think it's a security problem then try locking and unlocking the doors with the key, not the remote. That's all I can think of with what you said.