ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000-183/)
-   -   A VERY sad day for LexLS.....R.I.P. (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/538655-a-very-sad-day-for-lexls-r-i-p.html)

LexLS 11-27-10 12:11 PM

A VERY sad day for LexLS.....R.I.P.

1 Attachment(s)
It's been a while so first hello to all my CL friends :)

So a few months ago my wife had her night class and had driven my LS to the UofM. I get a call about the time class should be over and it's not good news, she had ran into one of those steel/concrete filled posts in the parking lot misjudging a turn. Let's just say I was pissed but happy that she didn't get hurt and our son wasn't in the car.

Even though she was going slow the accident made the car undriveable. Had to get it towed to a body shop for an estimate. Long story short, it was declared a total loss and we sold it to the insurance company. Even though I loved my LS I decided it was time to let her go; I had it for 7 or 8 years from what I can remember. We scrambled to narrow down what the replacement would be and although I did consider LS430's I couldn't find one in our market for the right price. We ended up with a 2008 Prius package VI (the high-tech factor drew me in). Earlier in the year we had bought a 2002 ES300 which is what I mainly drive now.

I have no plans of taking down LexLS.com and still have a number of tutorials I need to write up. It didn't look as bad as I thought but there was damage to the frame....R.I.P. :sad:

Carl

trukn1 11-27-10 12:16 PM

OOOO,,sorry to read about this, but the important thing was that no one was hurt. We all tend to get attatched to the old girls and it is hard to let them go. Just make sure you check in with us from time to time.

neostar43 11-27-10 12:26 PM

you and i had similiar situation. i had a 01 ls430. hit a deer last november. damage did not seem that bad, it was in the same place as your damage, repair shop estimated it would need at least $7500 in repair, so the insurance company cut me a check for $18k instead.

I am an insurance agent. your car will most likely be back on the road. it will be sold at an insurance auction and someone will probably straighten out the frame and repair it or part it out.

thank you for keeping your site up. it has been a great asset to me and a lot of other people i am sure

RA40 11-27-10 12:42 PM

Ouch, sorry to hear. :( Hard to see a faithful ride go.

Thanks for your site...:thumbup::)

PureDrifter 11-27-10 12:45 PM

nooooooo that sucks man :(

hopefully you let LexLS live on, or hit up someone before deciding to shut it down. i'd be willing to keep it alive!

tomtheslac 11-27-10 01:28 PM

Sorry for your loss...but greatest DIY site ever!!

LexLS 11-27-10 01:57 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. Don't worry the site is staying online.

You really do need to put things in perspective when things like this happen, look at the positive and move on.

I think you're right neostar, it will probably get fixed up and sold. Whoever winds up with it probably won't even know it has remote start!

LiCelsior 11-27-10 01:57 PM

nooo thats very sad to hear that it got totaled! it certainly doesnt look totaled but the value of these cars are so low now. yes i hope u keep lexls.com alive though, its helped me out so many times.

dashan 11-27-10 04:16 PM

Let's make some donation to you so you can get a 2LS.

masagsxr 11-27-10 04:20 PM

Noooooo... That sucks man... It doesn't look too bad tho. Just a new fender and corner light and she'll be good as new.... Good luck.

DaveGS4 11-27-10 04:21 PM

Sorry to hear about your accident and glad you are safe!

If you do ever think about taking down the site let me know and we'll figure out a way to mirror the content over here on CL so it doesn't get lost.

91LS400vgb 11-27-10 05:12 PM

Oh man, I'm very sorry to hear this. I'm glad your family is safe. Best of luck to you.

Li Ls4 11-27-10 06:00 PM

damn thats terrible, glad ur wife wasnt hurt

sdls 11-27-10 07:30 PM

I hope you don't take the site down. It helped inspire me to buy my LS400.

Raddison 11-27-10 09:44 PM

I'm really glad to hear your wife and kid weren't hurt.

I'm so sorry to hear that it had to go.

Your site has helped me SO much doing so many different things to my '90!