LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

I wrecked my LS400. Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-02, 08:06 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wrecked my LS400. Help

Well all

This sucks. Today I wreck my car. Long story short I was slowly crossing a street and the cost was clear minus one little Whit Toyota Corolla. He plowed into my rear end. My fault 100%, I was not speeding or driving crazy by any means my baby girl was with me. She is 100% fine we went to her Doctor and had her checked. I am fine too, honestly the car absorbed all the impact, I felt nothing.

I have not had an accident in 7 years and since the car was only $8,500 I did not have full coverage. Well with all my repairs and upgrades I have almost $11,000 in it. I called to get full coverage 4 weeks ago but I had to take it so Geico could take a picture of it and make sure its in good shape. I never did and now may loose all my money. Did I saw this sucks!

Well I need you help! Do you have any suggestion on how I can either sell parts or sell the car to a salvage shop. I wish to get at least $6,000 out of it. I have tons of picture that I took today. The car is in Mint condition for the rear panel up. I back doors are perfect and the interior is immaculate.

Here is a picture of the wreck.

Thanks All
Carless
Attached Thumbnails I wrecked my LS400. Help-wreck.jpg  
Old 07-25-02, 08:11 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

This side is hurt too.
Attached Thumbnails I wrecked my LS400. Help-2.jpg  
Old 07-25-02, 08:11 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

The rear end.
Attached Thumbnails I wrecked my LS400. Help-3.jpg  
Old 07-25-02, 09:06 PM
SWEETSOUND2001
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Dude, that sucks. You'll be looking at $4000+ in repairs if you choose to do so.
Old 07-25-02, 09:38 PM
Lvangundy

Man, there's a good chance there will be frame damage considering the door doesn't look like it shuts.

Maybe sell this for what you can and look at a 95 or similar Gen. LS =)
Old 07-25-02, 10:57 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: I wrecked my LS400. Help

Originally posted by Horta

He plowed into my rear end.
u mean he got you on the side in the rear portion right? sorry to hear. how old are all of your aftermarket parts/car?? any possibility u can sell it back from where u got it from? at least u and your girl are alright.
Old 07-26-02, 01:25 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am really sorry about this man. The best bet for you is to sell parts. Start with wheels, then move to interior parts. Engine would be hard to sell but try thwat next. Whatever you can't sell, ask a wrecking yard for a quote.

What color is your interior?
Old 07-26-02, 05:44 AM
2UX31 YM
Driver

How many miles on your car? what aftermarket mods do you have?
Old 07-26-02, 07:05 AM
Horta
Lead Lap

I have 115,000 miles.

So far I havde done todate.

A/C Syetem Check $45
Front Seats re-stuffed for $150
A/C LCD display with Mikado for $295

Fuel Injector Service
Collant Flush
Transmission Service
Spark Plugs
Cap n Rotor
Air Filter
Fuel Filter
New Rear Struts
4 New Continantal Tires
All the abouve Service for $1,200

Timing Belt
Water Pump
Various Pullys and Brakets
All Lexus OEM Parts for a total of $1,500

$3,190 in Repairs or Service
$9,100 for car with Tax bought May 11th, 2002

$12,200 total investment on a 1991 LS400 in imaculate condition.
Old 07-26-02, 07:32 AM
GA400
Lead Lap

Horta,

I sent you a PM.

GA400
Old 07-26-02, 09:32 AM
hyperopt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry about your accident! It's just terrible to see the car ruined after spending the money, time and labor to bring it up to immaculate condition and have it wrecked. :eek:
I seriously don't think the car can be sold anywhere near the amount you wanted. Take the car to a body shop for an estimate is the next logical step.
Old 07-26-02, 10:51 AM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

Sorry to say this but you're probably better off just selling the whole lot.

SPlitting it up and taknig parts out costs money and in the long run, it's more hassle than benefit.

I'd say you can get at least 3-4 from a junkyward on a good day. It's a lot of mines on your motor already and that's gonna hurt. With the new body style panels and parts have depreciated a bit so that's the sad part.

Good luck and for what it's worth, at least you are safe and so is your baby girl
Old 07-26-02, 12:45 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

yeah I have a buddy who is a car dealer. When he gets back in town I going try to sell the car at a Salvage Auction if he beleive i cvan get over $5,000 for it. I know I doubt it too Im just dreaming.

If not I will post the whole car in local papaer, Auto Trader, and Ebay and try to sell it there.

If none of that work I will start selling peices.

I will get an estimate from Geico tomarrow morning on the repairs. If it less than $2,000 then who know I may fix it but I think its going to be over $5,000. If thats the case I dont thing it worth spending more money on it.

I bought this car cash so I would not have another car payment. Well my wife and I love Lexus cars. After driving this car for two moth I love LS400 so much my wife and I decided to bite the bullet and get a car payment. I have already started shoping for a 1998 LS400. My goal is to spend between $25 and $29,000 out the door. I would like the car to have less than 50k miles.

Jerry
Old 07-26-02, 02:52 PM
paradox
Rookie

Hey Horta..... just wanted to add how sorry I am to hear about this. Thank goodness you and your little girl are alright! In the grand scope of things, that's the most important thing, and thanks should be given to God for that! If it's any consolation, things happen for a reason, though they're not always apparent to us. Good luck with the purchase of the 98LS. You'll be extremely happy with it. Your buddy should be able to get a great deal for an off lease Lexus at an auction. Florida is where most dealerships get their cars from, too.
Hey, for those members here with 91/92 LS400's who have some of the issues inherent to that model year ie bleeding lcd, rotors and such, maybe this would be a great opportunity -if you end up not selling the car- for some of us, if you sell individual parts.... just a thought....
I hope everything works out for you, man. It's wonderful that you and your daughter are in good health. Nothing else can even come close to comparing to that.
Old 07-26-02, 06:53 PM
GTPED
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear about your accident! Glad to hear nobody was hurt. This happened to me in my other car and I sold all the parts in the classified section of that particular forum. I sold $12k or so in mods and factory parts. Never going to get $5k out of that car selling outright IMO. Good luck!

Quick Reply: I wrecked my LS400. Help