ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000-183/)
-   -   Leather Interior Replacement (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/514462-leather-interior-replacement.html)

djmjay2 07-20-10 02:04 PM

Leather Interior Replacement

I'm will be replacing the leather interior in my 1992 LS400
and I need lead on a good interior shop that can deal with
replacing all of the interior. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
I have found a company call LeatherSeats.com that seems to
have it together. Any comments on them would also be great.

avalon42 07-20-10 03:46 PM

Whereabouts in California are you? I got quoted $200 as a hook-up from a friend. That' will cover both front seats, and the rear bench, maybe a little more if you need to do the center console armrest.

He does primarily boats, but I've seen his work and it's pretty solid. Just waiting for funds right now before I move forward.

PK_Celsior 07-20-10 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by avalon42 (Post 5655401)
Whereabouts in California are you? I got quoted $200 as a hook-up from a friend. That' will cover both front seats, and the rear bench, maybe a little more if you need to do the center console armrest.

He does primarily boats, but I've seen his work and it's pretty solid. Just waiting for funds right now before I move forward.

dang i need that hook up haha i want to do my whole leather interior seats and center console also. what part of california are you in??

avalon42 07-20-10 08:57 PM

I'm in Orange County. PM me for details and I'll swing by his place tomorrow and ask him if he's absolutely dead sure on the pricing because it sounded way too cheap IMHO. If I can get together 10 people, maybe he can arrange a group deal or something. He does install and all.

PK_Celsior 07-20-10 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by avalon42 (Post 5656139)
I'm in Orange County. PM me for details and I'll swing by his place tomorrow and ask him if he's absolutely dead sure on the pricing because it sounded way too cheap IMHO. If I can get together 10 people, maybe he can arrange a group deal or something. He does install and all.

fo sure i gave you a PM :D

PureDrifter 07-21-10 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by avalon42 (Post 5656139)

pm me pls, i'm in the IE and venture to OC quite a bit :D

lev00221 07-22-10 09:01 PM

That seems too good to be true. A price of $200 would not even approach the cost of the leather alone without even considering the labor to make the covers and then the installation.

Leatherseats.com does excellent work. I have worked with them before. If you look on the website at the first generation LS400 section you will see a black interior with saddle color seats, door panels and center console. That is my car. The covers are made using a computerized template and fit like OEM. I installed the new leather myself over one weekend. Keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Leatherseats.com charges much more than $200 but your interior will look like new.

avalon42 07-28-10 10:33 PM

I've been busy painting my cousin's car. Sorry guys. I haven't had time to run into my other friend who is busy with lots of cars because of his prices.

Keep in mind that seat prices jump up because of the LABOR involved. The actual material is pretty cheap (not in quality, as in cheap). He promised to give me a sample of the material utilized before he mounts it on my seats.

So you guys can wait till I get mine done first...as for a group discount, I'll see what I can do if you guys are satisfied with what I have... I'm willing to take the hit for the team. Or someone else can be the guinea pig. Up to you.

Arzelee 08-02-10 07:42 PM

im in for group discount. pm me please. located in pomona