LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

EASY 93-94 LS400 $3.00 CLuster Flicker and Gas needle Fix

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-10, 09:51 AM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look man I dunno if you just came here to start ****, but Im sure I speak for the majority when I say, "JUST LEAVE". Your pathetic attempts at insults should just be taken back to whatever honda forum you came from. We dont need your badly narrated fixes, and we dont need your weak *** attitude. So unless your ready to start actin like an adult re-read my previous sentences until they make sense.

And stop trying to make your lexi into a honda, If you think your LS is just a re badged camry you need to educate yourself son, she deserves better than that.

TROLL

Last edited by Brandicus; 07-20-10 at 09:57 AM. Reason: TROLL
Old 07-20-10, 10:16 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

great info!
Old 07-20-10, 10:29 AM
bmoore
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandicus
Look man I dunno if you just came here to start ****, but Im sure I speak for the majority when I say, "JUST LEAVE". Your pathetic attempts at insults should just be taken back to whatever honda forum you came from. We dont need your badly narrated fixes, and we dont need your weak *** attitude. So unless your ready to start actin like an adult re-read my previous sentences until they make sense.

And stop trying to make your lexi into a honda, If you think your LS is just a re badged camry you need to educate yourself son, she deserves better than that.

TROLL
Haha, why so mad? Because he's contributing?
Old 07-20-10, 11:30 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

we've all contributed. just his attitude came off wrong.
Old 07-20-10, 11:41 AM
bmoore
Rookie

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
we've all contributed. just his attitude came off wrong.
He's apologized and edited, what more do you people want?

He's made 6 posts here, with 2 how-tos. Show me someone else that's done better. Oh no, he's got an "attitude".
Old 07-20-10, 11:49 AM
ukandy
Driver School Candidate

This guy has put in a lot of effort to help other members repair their Cluster cheaply and he's obviously got the skill to do it and people here comment on his 'language'???
Are us Lexus owners really that 'stuffy & miserable 'or maybe just a little bit jealous of his skills??
There's someone on this thread giving links to 'the bible'???-what has that got to do with Lexus cars??
I found his post on Cluster very informative and interesting and hope he posts many more...
Old 07-20-10, 11:58 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Originally Posted by bmoore
He's apologized and edited, what more do you people want?

He's made 6 posts here, with 2 how-tos. Show me someone else that's done better. Oh no, he's got an "attitude".
im not here to start an argument if u want to ride him its ok. i said his attitude came off wrong and he corrected it so its good now.

check the FAQ thread and then come back and re edit your post.

Originally Posted by ukandy
This guy has put in a lot of effort to help other members repair their Cluster cheaply and he's obviously got the skill to do it and people here comment on his 'language'???
Are us Lexus owners really that 'stuffy & miserable 'or maybe just a little bit jealous of his skills??
There's someone on this thread giving links to 'the bible'???-what has that got to do with Lexus cars??
I found his post on Cluster very informative and interesting and hope he posts many more...
yes and if u read that thread on how to repair the cluster you will find pictures and exact locations on where it is. he just created a new thread re showing where everything is but people are just too lazy to read or search that one giant thread. a mod should clean this up and merge it.
Old 07-20-10, 12:25 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your a self respecting lexus owner and you enjoy being such, would you or would you not take offense to statements like this:

Originally Posted by Rice4eveR
PS Lexus owners seem to act like poor Porsche people!
Originally Posted by Rice4eveR
Personally I think Toyota makes Shi**y cars with average engineering, but really brilliant marketing strategies in order to make booshie people think their leather-ed Camrys are Mercedes Benzs.

I mispelled something. Fellow Lexus owners tend to think mispelling a word is an immature "Honda Civic guy" kinda thing"[/I]
do you laugh and say "oh his just a [insert an insult] honda owner who hasnt grown up".

or

do you laugh and say" hey heres some [insert insult] honda owner who just wants to troll our website and see if he can flare a few tempers.

kind of makes it hard to be taken seriously either way despite your technical information (which is a repost)... ya feel?

btw I'm 23 years of age, and even i find your use of language lacking, despite me being from the "texting generation".
Old 07-20-10, 12:37 PM
Rice4eveR
Driver School Candidate

@ williamb82

there are 3 more 4.7 uf 50 volt cans on the big board and i think those could be the prob but im not sure... I should have changed mine anyway but I didnt think to get the capacitors when i was at frys. you can try those also. oh and this fix is for a slow or non moving gas needle if it jumps around then it might be your gas float

@ 4litre

Yeah well put... The connector tends to come loose after 10-15 years on these cars

@ Brandicus

Calm down dude I was joking! lighten' up everything is gonna be ok. I love all japaneses cars (Especially honda) heres my Right hand drive civic i built that was on the first "Bullrun" on Spike tv a few years back...

@ Bmoore and ukandy

Don't trip. People hate everywhere I go. I'am on here to post up helllllllla tech articles. I'm finishing up my full racing ls400 suspension thread and my LS7 corvette 6spd conversion ls400 article for you guys! I keep it player with my cars... I just have fun with it!

"Thank God 4 Lexus!"
Rice
www.Rice4eveR.com

Last edited by Rice4eveR; 07-20-10 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-20-10, 12:40 PM
4litre
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by williamb82
weird thing is i performed this exact fix to my old cluster and the gas gauge still would jump around. the speedo needle was broken(was like this when i bought the car) so when i got the new cluster i took the old one out completely instead of just swapping the gauge needle assembly. does anyone know what other component going bad would cause the gas gauge to not work? the new cluster all works perfect except the gas gauge. i didnt bother to perform this fix as it didnt work on my last cluster at all.
I'd only guess that it has to do with a bad connection at your fuel sender in the fuel pump. In my experience that's what caused jumping fuel guage needles.
Old 07-20-10, 01:19 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good write up i have no ability to do this but i have friends that do lol. WOuld this fix needles that dont light up or are weak?-
Old 07-20-10, 02:58 PM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks man, This will become in handy someday
Old 07-20-10, 03:07 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Originally Posted by slvrboolet
good write up i have no ability to do this but i have friends that do lol. WOuld this fix needles that dont light up or are weak?-
it would fix the lighting up part, the weak part is due to the conductor on the back of the needle.
Old 07-20-10, 03:51 PM
genetic
Lead Lap

great write up man!

keep doing your thing
Old 07-20-10, 04:38 PM
whiteivory
Pole Position

So. What if the temperature is off

Quick Reply: EASY 93-94 LS400 $3.00 CLuster Flicker and Gas needle Fix