LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Electrical problem! Radio, p/mirrors, dome, trunk release, etc... HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-10, 09:08 AM
Deuce_B
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical problem! Radio, p/mirrors, dome, trunk release, etc... HELP!

I have a strange electrical problem.

The radio quit working (yet I can open and eject the CD magazine), the dome light won't work, the electric trunk release won't operate, the power mirrors don't work, power door locks don't work, and the a/c won't remember the temperature it was last set at and each time the car is started it resets to 75 degrees.

Oddly enough, the electric release for the fuel door works, all 4 windows go up & down, the a/c/ works (just resets temp each time the car is started), and the headlights work.

If I forgot to mention something, I probably just forgot to test it out.

I checked all the fuses with a multimeter and they all tested as good. The fuseable links in the engine compartment look good visually.

Any ideas why all those components would go bad all at the same time? Could the radio headunit be bad and all those other things run through it?!?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 07-11-10, 08:25 PM
bravonext
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse problems

Originally Posted by deuce_b
i have a strange electrical problem.

The radio quit working (yet i can open and eject the cd magazine), the dome light won't work, the electric trunk release won't operate, the power mirrors don't work, power door locks don't work, and the a/c won't remember the temperature it was last set at and each time the car is started it resets to 75 degrees.

Oddly enough, the electric release for the fuel door works, all 4 windows go up & down, the a/c/ works (just resets temp each time the car is started), and the headlights work.

If i forgot to mention something, i probably just forgot to test it out.

I checked all the fuses with a multimeter and they all tested as good. The fuseable links in the engine compartment look good visually.

Any ideas why all those components would go bad all at the same time? Could the radio headunit be bad and all those other things run through it?!?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!!
i had exactly the same problem with the same car 1990 ls400:

Driver side fuse box under dash, i had 2 blown. And under the hood right next to coolant reservoir there is another fuse box an i had 1 blown there. Check real good both sides of the fuse with the tool. And everything worked again.
Old 07-12-10, 01:08 AM
Deuce_B
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked all the fuses and fuseable links. All are good.

I am now thinking maybe there is a common ground for all those accessories? Maybe that came loose?