LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Gauging Interest on Brake Package Deal

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-02, 12:52 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Gauging Interest on Brake Package Deal

Open to ClubLexus Paid Members

If not a member the final price will be $30 more.. Membership has its privileges so if you haven't become a Member this is the time..

Ok some members do not have the funds to do a big brake upgrade AP Racing/RMM and some don't even want to go to the Supra brake upgrade either because they don't intend to upgrade their wheels or already have standard disk wheels.. So from talking with Steve Ganz depending on how many people will get on board across all the vehicle lines (RX, LS, LX, GS, IS, ES & SC) he can supply the following:

Stock sized front & rear CAD plated cross drilled & slotted rotors
EBC Green Stuff Sport Pads
SS brake lines
Shim Kit

So basically you get the look plus a bit better braking.. Price is yet to be hammered down this is just to figure out how many folks would be interested so Steve can go to his vendors for a better price for ClubLexus..

NOTE: This sticky will stay up till Friday June 14, 2002

At that point Steve or myself will post a package price depending on interest and payment details will be posted so if you think this is something you want please reply..
Old 06-05-02, 01:20 AM
cutecboy
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default great deal!

hopefully the price will be fair? is there any pictures of all this stuff.? let me check it out.. but im sure im in for this deal..
Old 06-05-02, 04:50 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ken,

I already have everything (from Steve, of course!!) except the SS brake lines. He mentioned to me that there would have to be a certain ## of people to have his connections develope a set for the first gen LS. I don't mean to make more work for you but can you talk to Steve and find out if this is still true and what that ## is. I'm sure there are enough members that would jump on the brake lines even if they didn't want the rest of the upgrade.

I also upgraded my brake fluid to ATE blue. Maybe Steve can offer a ~racing fluid in the group buy. If people replace everything else, including lines, it only makes sense to replace the fluid.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Josh
Old 06-05-02, 05:29 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great timing! I just emailed him about this and I'll be a paid member as soon as I can find my checkbook.

Put me down for a set!

Overclocker
Old 06-05-02, 05:39 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys for the input.. I'll try to get more info on the brake lines and fluid for you Zushwa.. If you could do me a favour and post pictures of your brakes for your fellow LS members it would be very helpful..

I'll try and post pictures very soon with pricing too in a couple of days once more people have a chance to toss their hat in..

Thanks!
Old 06-05-02, 08:31 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Ok don't have the actual pictures of the rotors yet but these are sort of what the rotors look like minus the slotting but these are the drilled only versions.. These were from the Supra Brake Upgrade that Steve offered to CL last year for the GS.. As noted by the goldish look they are CAD plated so they will not rust on the hats like our stock rotors..
Attached Thumbnails Gauging Interest on Brake Package Deal-rotor.jpg  
Old 06-05-02, 08:32 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

These are not the EBC pads but you get the general idea.. However these are the SS lines.. More info very soon..
Attached Thumbnails Gauging Interest on Brake Package Deal-brake-pads-and-lines.jpg  
Old 06-05-02, 10:52 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just a note, SILVER CAD plating is also available...
Old 06-06-02, 12:56 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd be very interested in silver coated rotors.
Old 06-06-02, 01:58 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If the price is right~~~~~~~~~~~~~I'm in!!
Old 06-06-02, 07:30 PM
Lvangundy

Ok I recently did the cross drilled for my LS here is the thread with good pics.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=crossdrilled

That was only the front rotors, which give me a grinding noise when braking hard around the 40mph zone. Otherwise they are good, can't compare to stock new though, cus my old ones were warped the whole life. They do smell alot after hard hard braking.

I'm interested in a new set of cross and slotted with pads and lines though ;-)
Old 06-08-02, 07:22 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Sorry guys for not updating sooner.. Last email from Steve was he approached his vendors this way:

Pricing for:

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30

And so on.. We are in above the 30 people range so we're most likey to get a down and dirty price if all holds true.. Steve will post the price hopefully early in the coming week.. Thank you for being patient..