LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Manual tranny??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-10, 08:58 PM
dsmnstr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Manual tranny??

Okay well I cant find anyone else trying to do this. but I have a 91 lexus Ls 400 and just want to know if there is any 5 speed manual tranny that will bolt up to it and what car its out of ect. I know the ls trannys are amazing but i have always wanted to convert it to stick. This is all part of a much much bigger project but this is one of the first things im checking into. Thanks for the positive feedback
Old 03-09-10, 09:03 PM
Thermactor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't ever seen an LS400 converted to 5-speed manual. You could do it with a W58 or R154 transmission and a bellhousing from Dellow in Australia or a custom simple flat plate adapter.
Old 03-10-10, 12:36 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmnstr
Okay well I cant find anyone else trying to do this. but I have a 91 lexus Ls 400 and just want to know if there is any 5 speed manual tranny that will bolt up to it and what car its out of ect. I know the ls trannys are amazing but i have always wanted to convert it to stick. This is all part of a much much bigger project but this is one of the first things im checking into. Thanks for the positive feedback
I find that it helps a lot when you can't find something if you actually SEARCH for it first

this has been covered quite a bit already.
Old 03-10-10, 03:23 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

the sc400s been doing it alot recently..
Old 03-10-10, 04:36 PM
dsmnstr
Driver School Candidate

Thanks man
Old 03-10-10, 04:46 PM
dsmnstr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
I find that it helps a lot when you can't find something if you actually SEARCH for it first

this has been covered quite a bit already.
I didnt find this anywhere on the fourms. SOO instead of searching for it which i did and i havent heard of anyone doing this conversion I thought it might be easier to ask people that might know about it and take a minute of there time to write me a sentence or two. Thats what i thought these forums were for... TO HELP PEOPLE! Not uhhhh im a douche go look it up for yourself. Now unless you have anything meaningful to say then dont write me at all. Thanks
Old 03-10-10, 05:06 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

better put ur flame suit on..
Old 03-10-10, 05:23 PM
Thermactor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fight fight fight fight fight fight fight
Old 03-10-10, 06:20 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

I don't know how different the swaps between the LS400/SC400 are but quite a few people have been swapping in W58's into the 1UZ's.

Check out RedPhoenix's megathread with info for the 1UZ/W58 for SC400's.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...s-of-pics.html

Should give you an idea of what is needed and etc.

Oh yeah, in before showdown/lock.
Old 03-10-10, 06:26 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmnstr
I didnt find this anywhere on the fourms. SOO instead of searching for it which i did and i havent heard of anyone doing this conversion I thought it might be easier to ask people that might know about it and take a minute of there time to write me a sentence or two. Thats what i thought these forums were for... TO HELP PEOPLE! Not uhhhh im a douche go look it up for yourself. Now unless you have anything meaningful to say then dont write me at all. Thanks
again, you didnt find it because you didnt look.

i searched your exact thread title "manual tranny" in the LS forum, and in the first page alone i got threads from LSDRIFT, uscelsior, and RickyDavis all asking and getting answers for the EXACT QUESTION YOU ARE ASKING. you want them? find them.

so again, the reason you're not getting answers is because you're not looking for them, or not looking for them properly. your attempts to push me out of the thread or in any other way direct me are probably at the least not helping your attempt to get knowledgeable members of the forum to come to your aid.

You are right, these forums are here to help people, doesnt mean all of us members exist to do that. we help those we feel are at the least polite, and are willing to listen to what we have to say. walking in, demanding answers without looking for them first, and then asking those giving you advice to stay quiet is not going to get you very far.

Good day.

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
better put ur flame suit on..
no flaming, gentle persuasion is all
Old 03-10-10, 08:09 PM
livinfree
Driver School Candidate

Default Out of control

Wow...is PureDrifter always such an a**? Give me a break! I'm new here, but criminy. This isn't even my question. Didn't your parents teach you to ignore people? I think you are out of line.
Old 03-10-10, 08:42 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

PD has a point...many of these topics have been discussed numerous times. if one search doesnt lead to it, try using keywords and you'll find it.
Old 03-11-10, 05:31 PM
dsmnstr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
again, you didnt find it because you didnt look.

i searched your exact thread title "manual tranny" in the LS forum, and in the first page alone i got threads from LSDRIFT, uscelsior, and RickyDavis all asking and getting answers for the EXACT QUESTION YOU ARE ASKING. you want them? find them.

so again, the reason you're not getting answers is because you're not looking for them, or not looking for them properly. your attempts to push me out of the thread or in any other way direct me are probably at the least not helping your attempt to get knowledgeable members of the forum to come to your aid.

You are right, these forums are here to help people, doesnt mean all of us members exist to do that. we help those we feel are at the least polite, and are willing to listen to what we have to say. walking in, demanding answers without looking for them first, and then asking those giving you advice to stay quiet is not going to get you very far.

Good day.

no flaming, gentle persuasion is all
Did you not ****ing hear me. I said unless you have something meaningful to say then dont ****ing say anything back. I found what i needed to know and thanks to the people on here who actually help out and and answer my simple question instead of being an *******. I bet your mommy bought you your ****ing lexus since your coming off as the stuck up douche bag who thinks he is better than everyone. I dont know what your trying to prove. Someone already answered my question but you still feel like you have to say something. Your a badass.. we get it. Go pop your collar somewhere else good day chad
Old 03-11-10, 05:32 PM
dsmnstr
Driver School Candidate

Okay my suit is off now
Old 03-11-10, 05:54 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

dude that post was def not worth it man...

Quick Reply: Manual tranny??