LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

1995 ls400 door ajar light stays on???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-19, 08:33 PM
Yamae

Received 852 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by blkstealthpaid4
I have parked the car since then and it's time to get it out of storage.Did anyone get theirs fixed?Mind you 95 is different from 94 when it comes to the door ajar switch by the door.Any info?
The sensing switch is located at the door side installed in the lock unit. You need to do some efforts to reach it because you have to remove the door panel and others. Attached drawing is for a JDM. "フロント" means "front, "リア" "rear" and "カーテシランプスイッチ" "courtesy lamp switch". You can simply check the continuity at the pin 3 and 6 of the connector shown under. I hope your USDM is the same.

What I worry about is that the switch alone is not listed in the parts diagram and not available simply. You need to purchase the lock unit when the switch is dead. There may be a way to find a compatible switch at some big electronics parts shops.

I think I'd better to inform you one more item. There may be a possibility of a failed MPX door computer other than the switch. Sometimes a MPX body computer is dead too. Anyway the important first step is to check the switch checking the continuity.

Old 05-20-19, 04:20 PM
blkstealthpaid4
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default module

[QUOTE=Yamae;10519576]The sensing switch is located at the door side installed in the lock unit. You need to do some efforts to reach it because you have to remove the door panel and others. Attached drawing is for a JDM. "フロント" means "front, "リア" "rear" and "カーテシランプスイッチ" "courtesy lamp switch". You can simply check the continuity at the pin 3 and 6 of the connector shown under. I hope your USDM is the same.

What I worry about is that the switch alone is not listed in the parts diagram and not available simply. You need to purchase the lock unit when the switch is dead. There may be a way to find a compatible switch at some big electronics parts shops.

I think I'd better to inform you one more item. There may be a possibility of a failed MPX door computer other than the switch. Sometimes a MPX body computer is dead too. Anyway the important first step is to check the switch checking the continuity.

[/QUO
I did some more reserach, I think the module is bad.The junyards are caslling it body module and thawhat you meant by computer.I think its in the drivers side panel and its black in colorTE]
Old 05-20-19, 04:46 PM
blkstealthpaid4
Advanced

[QUOTE=blkstealthpaid4;10522306]
Originally Posted by Yamae
The sensing switch is located at the door side installed in the lock unit. You need to do some efforts to reach it because you have to remove the door panel and others. Attached drawing is for a JDM. "フロント" means "front, "リア" "rear" and "カーテシランプスイッチ" "courtesy lamp switch". You can simply check the continuity at the pin 3 and 6 of the connector shown under. I hope your USDM is the same.

[/QUO
I did some more reserach, I think the module is bad.The junyards are caslling it body module and thawhat you meant by computer.I think its in the drivers side panel and its black in colorTE]
Does each door have it's own MPX body computer?Where are they located?
Old 05-20-19, 06:10 PM
Yamae

Received 852 Likes on 644 Posts

[QUOTE=blkstealthpaid4;10522321]
Originally Posted by blkstealthpaid4
Does each door have it's own MPX body computer?Where are they located?
Yes, each door has it's own MPX body computer. They are located in the door.
Old 05-14-20, 09:29 AM
Enocga
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BURNmeOUT
help me pls!!!
Did you ever find out what the problem was?! My car is doing the same exact thing!
Old 05-24-20, 01:29 PM
blkstealthpaid4
Advanced

Easy. Just replace the Multiplex/ door computer. That fixed mine
Old 08-02-21, 02:43 PM
novakedy
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was just having the same problem on my 95 Celsior. Rear left door. Cleaned the contacts, nothing. Checked fuses, all good. My solution: take the light out from above the door, unplug both connectors, give it a second, plug them both back in, works totally fine now. I'm assuming the computer must have just gotten confused somehow, but it seems to be holding up. As far as I know it must have been like that for two days since that's the last time the door was opened, and I noticed it this morning. Would highly recommend fixing ASAP for this issue as my lights were HOT!! Wouldn't want anyone's car burning down over something silly!
Old 02-03-24, 11:34 AM
jdheiskbcbskwksmbfjs
2nd gear

Default Solution

For me it was just a bad fuse i had
Old 02-03-24, 08:31 PM
Nalvarado380
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jdheiskbcbskwksmbfjs
For me it was just a bad fuse i had
Do you know what fuse was it?
Old 02-03-24, 08:35 PM
jdheiskbcbskwksmbfjs
2nd gear

For me it was the very buttom 7.5 but i would recommend checking all tho because its not always the same fuse because someone else had the same problem and it was a different fuse (should be one of the small fuses under the hood)