ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000-183/)
-   -   disconecting traction control on a 92 ls400 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/446010-disconecting-traction-control-on-a-92-ls400.html)

lslover92 08-10-09 06:05 PM

disconecting traction control on a 92 ls400

my traction control has been acting funny mainly at low speeds it will fell like the car is applying the brakes soflty , if i disonect the plug for the traction control system will it stop , the car from doing this, i know of corse the check engine light will be on and i wont have tsc but , will this damage the engine or affect the performance ?

JimsGX 08-10-09 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by lslover92 (Post 4753981)
my traction control has been acting funny mainly at low speeds it will fell like the car is applying the brakes soflty , if i disonect the plug for the traction control system will it stop , the car from doing this, i know of corse the check engine light will be on and i wont have tsc but , will this damage the engine or affect the performance ?

Not overly familiar with the trac control on the LS but are all your rims / tires the same diameter? I know if the car senses one wheel turning at a different speed than the others, the ABS will kick in because it thinks a wheel is slipping. I may be totally off base on the way it works on the LS though. Another thought is one of your wheels speed sensors are defective or was disturbed if you recently did some work around the brakes/rotors.

lslover92 08-10-09 06:34 PM

not sure that, its the issue with the different wheels , becuase i bought the car three days ago and it wasent doing any of this, it just started to do this and all iv done since iv had was wash it,

Mr.Euro 08-10-09 08:45 PM

my LS when i first bought it used to do this. get the same tires all around and you shouldn't have a problem with it. when i had low tread on one side, and good tread on the other it'd do the samething.

lslover92 08-11-09 10:16 AM

good news, yesterday i forgot that the car died, when i was cleaning it from leaving the radio and i had to jumpo it, so i was reading around some other forums and they said to disconect the battery for 30 sec and then reconect and start the car, and sure enough the lights went,off took it for a spin and it ran PERFRCT no problems, but yea it could of be the tires they are kinda lower than the front ones and going on the highway ramp could of, made the sensors, go off

qha_vn 08-13-09 04:02 AM

which plug did you undo to disable TRAC?

lslover92 08-14-09 05:09 PM

yea i never did accually disconect traction control , the light goes on and off somethime s but then again its got different tires all around from previous owner, im gonna get same tires in the rear and see if that fixes the problem