LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

TRD strut cross drilled, and STEVE GANZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-02, 01:29 PM
Lvangundy

Default TRD strut cross drilled, and STEVE GANZ

I just took a trip to Carson Toyota and met up with Steve- what a helpful guy! His supra is AWESOME! has anyone else seen it?

Anyway, he is going to help me out with sport crossdrilled front rotors and a supra TRD strut bar for my 90 LS.

Mods are coming along!

Thanks Steve!
Old 03-29-02, 03:06 PM
BHC
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, lemme know how you like the TRD strutbar (it's designed for the supra right?). I'm still debating whether to get the TRD one or a generic one for $40. Heck, I wonder if I would feel the difference of having ANY strutbar at all period under normal driving conditions... If anyone has feedback, please do share
Old 03-29-02, 03:15 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tell us how it goes! How much btw?
Old 03-29-02, 04:32 PM
Lvangundy

The rotors I will get done sooner than the strut bar, maybe in 2-4 weeks or so. Steve quoted me a great price of $150 for the TRD bar! He told me that another moderator in this forum bought a strut bar from him recently.

The rotors I'm lookg at getting next Tuesday the 2nd. Will do pics of both.
Old 03-29-02, 11:37 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Supra TRD strut bar wont clear the LS's engine bay, so you will need to raise it a little with some washers.
Old 03-29-02, 11:53 PM
Lvangundy

Celsiorgod, yes I've heard of this..

Does anyone in here have pics of an LS with the strut bar? I've never done any kind of 'hardware' installation on a car before, and don't have much of an idea how to put one on (maybe there's something on the interent somewhere)..

What kid of washers do I need? Like (pvc / copper) pipe washers? LOL Does the car need to be put up on jacks? What kid of tools do I need?

And what's this I heard about strut bars tearing out and messing up the suspension?
Old 03-30-02, 12:01 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

I dont think the car needs to be put up on jacks,but i dont know.

Loule has the Supra Strut Bar in his LS.
Old 03-30-02, 12:09 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Old 04-01-02, 12:03 AM
Lvangundy

Can't wait!!!..my rotors should be there tuesday and the strut also..Dunno if I wanna drop all the money at once to get them all...

I've seen this before, but which direction do the rotors go? with the dots to the left or right? Anyone have a link to a forum on this?
Old 04-01-02, 12:07 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

By the way Lee how much did you spend on the rotors?
Old 04-05-02, 09:24 PM
Lvangundy

UPDATE:

I'm semi-disappointed with the service repsonse over at Carson Toyota.

I was told the rotors would be available this recent Tuesday, but when I called they had just been ordered the previous day, when I actually requested them the previous Friday.

I called a couple times during the week, and I was told that the rotors would have to be fabricated and wouldn't be ready for another week.

I'm FINE with this, but I thought it was weird that nobody called me to tell me they wouldn't be availbla for a week.

The same with the strut bar, I requested it, told it would be available within a couple days, but then was told a second time that they didn't know much about it and had to find out more information.

Basically they told me something different at the time I asked for everything, then when I called to get the status I was told that things were still 'in progress.'

Soon I hope!!
OH and CELSIOR GOD GUY, Steve hooked me up on the rotors at $120 each. He said list was $150. These are cheaper than the regular price for the standard rear rotrs at $320!
Old 04-09-02, 05:12 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by lvangundy
UPDATE:
OH and CELSIOR GOD GUY, Steve hooked me up on the rotors at $120 each. He said list was $150. These are cheaper than the regular price for the standard rear rotrs at $320!
Who did you order the rotors from? Steve or Gordon? Who did you talk to when you actually found out about the delay?

From what I understand these modifies rotors take a while to fabricate, can't expect to have it in a few days.

Are you telling me that the rear LS400 slotted rotor cost $120 each? What about the front rotors?

Steve gave me a quote of $99 each for the front rotor of my 93 SC400 last year ~Oct-01. He didn't have the slotted rear rotor at that time.

VQT
Old 04-22-02, 07:38 PM
Lvangundy

UPDATE:
Today I finally got my rotors! I'm happy. I'll have them installed and some pics posted soon.

I went down to Carson Toyota and talked to the parts guy, (I think his name is Angel) and Steve to get everything squared away.

Before I came in there I was thinking about how long it took for them to arrive, and what/when I was told things would get there. I'm FINE with the service, friendlyness and the persistantness from their side, but I figured it would be negotiable to talk about lowering the price becuase of how long it took and how many different times I was told when things would be done. I was NOT trying to be a **** about the service, and I'd hope anone else here would agree that becuase of the runaround the cost should of been adjusted.

I mentioned this to Steve and he worked out an excellent price, lower than I expected. He even threw in one of those air fresheners (which sadly doesn't smell too great....)

So I'm still waiting on the TRD strut bar, and anything else I'll be over at Carson buying!
Old 05-06-05, 11:43 PM
lspower
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm leeme know how/what the diff is on the rotors, ic all the rotors on ebay and i dunno what ones are junk and what ones are good
ps do u have the fronts already
pss u DONT need washers for the front strut bar if u take off the lexus plate on top of the engine, (square piece of metal too)
Old 05-07-05, 02:07 AM
lino
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lvangundy....don't forget to post pics when you get a chance.

Quick Reply: TRD strut cross drilled, and STEVE GANZ