LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

tyre flyes: cool or not, probably a little of both...flashing led caps

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-08, 11:45 AM
rgindallas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tyre flyes: cool or not, probably a little of both...flashing led caps

So I'm at wal-mart(where if you don't destroy original packaging, you can try anything out and return it) getting some sctochguard for my new floor mats and see something called tyre flyes...lighted caps for valve stems. They come in blue, red, white and blue and probably other colors.

While I didn't think they would look cool on my valve stems, (I admit I tried it and it looked goofy as all hell) at least to my eye...I thought they might look cool on my door lights, or rather where the door light is, is a screw hole that hods the arm rest on.

These little doohickeys, flash the blue or the r w and b when bumped or rotated.

I chose the blue as I have a blue interior and just pushed them under the arm rest in that screw hole and they fit perfectly, no gluing or worry about falling out.

Cool thing is, well, cool to me, I'm sure it's not for everyone's taste, is that when I close each door, the little flashing blue led flashes for about 10 seconds from where the door light shines. Kind of cool looking. 15 bucks for 4 doors, two packages.

Just thought I'd throw it out there if anyone was interested in a little add on that might have your friends thinking you have a special car.

It's a sublte, blue flashing light that flashes quickly. It's a little add on for me. I would understand if you thought it may be cheesy, but if you saw it, you might think it was a" little" cool.

RG