LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

I know terrible rims

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-08, 05:46 PM
melissac
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know terrible rims

Ok we have already established the fact that my rims are terrible but what about the car?? What else can I do to it to make it look better besides the rims and lowering it? I really dont know what else to do. Here I was thinking that I had a really nice car and well I got shot down by a bunch of you. So give me some ideas. I would have to say though, I have not seen one ugly or bad looking car on this whole site. I think everyone has done a good job. Any sugggestions?
Old 07-21-08, 05:54 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

I am not sure who shot you down. At the end of the day different cars are for different people, and every body enjoys their modding style on their own. I have many different toys, and I go to lots of different clubs, and there are variety all the time, which I think is a good thing.

Don't let a bunch of people on this forum or any other forum tell you what looks terrible. Stand on your own, and make your own choices.

As I said in your previous thread "Congrats!!! I also picked up some 19s today. Can't wait to see your pics. I will put my pics on the weekend.

BTW lots of you CL members in Oklahoma? I am driving from Los Angeles to STL, MO starting August 1st, and will be staying in OKL for a night."

As far as suggestions, what are you looking for? Sporty, aggressive, car show material, performance? If you can narrow it down, it would be easier to give suggestions.

I bought my car for highway cruising, and made it look better than the grandpa mobile it was. I don't come here asking how to make my LS 0-60 in 4 seconds (though that is their choice), as I have other toys for that.

So outline the vision of the car YOU have in YOUR head and take some input and run with it.

Car modifying is a hobby, enjoy it. Good luck.
Old 07-21-08, 06:36 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good point - there are some tough members here. Sure the rims you chose are not what many would pick but it is your car I think first gen rides look great lowered with a JDM grille, front lip, clear corners and RCR tail lights Modifying it all the fun for me. I had a guy in an M5 tell me I had an awesome ride sitting at a red light - Ha ha I loved the compliment It was justification. On the other hand another guy in a CTS V told me I ruined a great road car
Old 07-21-08, 09:20 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

there are a ton of options for modifying a 1st gen like yours, best tool you can use is the "SEARCH" bar near the top of the forum