ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000-183/)
-   -   car dies!!!!! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/363976-car-dies.html)

gdave 06-28-08 03:02 PM

car dies!!!!!

:sad:so after my new alternator and yellow top battery and my car insurance woes finally doen yea!!!! Its fun time im driving at night there this
HUGGGGGE pot hole BOOOM there goes my rpm gauge im guessing one of the sensors went bad o welllll right...... then 10 min later i lost compresion and my car just slowing started to slow down and i luckily coasted to side of road i had to get a tow my mechanic is very nice its been there for a bout a week any ideas what my problem might be Can someone help me keep all my HS grad money i just got! thank you all in advance

ls400ridin GDave

Rocan 06-28-08 06:26 PM

OK DUDE... First of all, edit that friggin post and use some punctuation.

This can be verrrryyy bad... If you hit the hole hard enough you may have cracked your block. When you inspect the engine, do you notice anything?

I'd see if you have any codes on that thing... but theres no doubt your looking at some big costs here.

sha4000 06-29-08 11:58 AM

If he cracked the block oil would be all over the place. We need more info

trukn1 06-29-08 09:48 PM

Def more info needed or an update from the mechanic, since your car has been there a week.

Rocan 06-29-08 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by sha4000 (Post 3641302)
If he cracked the block oil would be all over the place. We need more info

not necessarily, could be a hairline crack, and the oil may not be visible.

gdave 06-30-08 12:18 AM

hey guys sry bout the post i posted it in like 25 seconds and didnt edit it.when i changed my alternator i did notice that there was a good amount of oil under the block but nothing driping and i was always able to drive it fine before that.But thanks anyway guys my mechanic should be in monday morning and i'll give you guys an update.Im having bad feelings bout this one:sad:

jcrome04 06-30-08 10:52 AM

You could go after the city or county, to fix your vehicle, for not taking care of the road. Since if they HAD maintained the road you wouldn't have smashed your car into a pot hole that wouldn't have been there!

EastWind 06-30-08 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by jcrome04 (Post 3643501)
You could go after the city or county, to fix your vehicle, for not taking care of the road. Since if they HAD maintained the road you wouldn't have smashed your car into a pot hole that wouldn't have been there!

this only works if you have evidence that the city has been notified numerous times about the pothole and a decent amount of time has gone by for them to fix it and they didn't.

Rocan 06-30-08 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by EastWind (Post 3643572)
this only works if you have evidence that the city has been notified numerous times about the pothole and a decent amount of time has gone by for them to fix it and they didn't.

yeah... just get a few friends to hit it also!