LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Please help!! I have LS-ENVY!!

Old 02-08-02, 01:54 AM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!! I have LS-ENVY!!

I have always liked the VIP style for the big LSs, from the old 400 to the now 430s. With big wheels and lower ride height these are the ultimate pimpin-mobile for me. Im in my late 20s but i love how luxurious and smooth the interior feels and drives. I have never WANT a toyota product before if i had to pay for it. I would get a pimped out benz or BMW instead. But last month i got my first Lexus, 02'RX300, and was more than impressed with the car. And now i go to the Lexus dealers couple times and after seeing the LS, i wonder why i didnt get that car in the first place. Well, i mainly got the RX for the bad roads here. But imagining a LS with 19" Carlssons in L.A is just too damn good.

Can you guys tell me why u bought your LS, especially the 430, instead of the S class or bimmers??

My reasoning is because its SO BLING BLING when it has 19" or 20" wheels, and isnt it around $55K??
Even brabus or AMG benzs fades when u compared it to a VIP styled LS. Dont u agree??
Old 02-08-02, 02:05 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too am into th Japanese VIP style with the big body LS, thats is why I fixed mine up,it is very rare here in the states and it gets lots of looks.Although the downside is that it is very expensive to create that look.
Old 02-08-02, 02:26 AM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yea, but.....

.......it cant cost more than brabus or carlssons......
Old 02-10-02, 04:58 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cost more than Brabus or Carlsson? No way! Besides, the cost savings of the car ITSELF will more than pay for all the mods. I can mod out a LS430 crazy style and still be under the cost of a STOCK S430...and if you want to talk about adding mods from Brabus? They're more costly than nearly anything from Japan...Carlsson is about the same as most JDM items in terms of price (for similar items)

$66K for a UL package LS430
$85K for a similarly packaged S430.
-------
$21K difference...

For $21K, I can add wheels, a Supercharger, body kit, suspension, pretty much everything and still have some change...

With the S430, you're already at a $21K disadvantage...now add say just $7K in mods (that's for a add-on kit, not even a full replacement kit), some wheels, and lowering SPRINGS...plus install)...now you're $28K over the price of a UL LS430...

Ask anyone in the forum what they could do with $28K and a brand new LS430...

PLUS, Mercedes and BMW aren't even CLOSE in terms of reliability and DEFINITELY not even on the same planet in terms of Customer Service. When you add it all up, the only reason to buy a Mercedes or BMW is strictly for the name/image or you REALLY, REALLY love the styling above all else. I mean I love the looks of the W210 E-Class (I wish Toyota or Nissan made the car though!) and I would buy one but only if I found one for a price that I thought was worth it (factoring in cost of repairs, dealer BS you have to deal with, etc., etc...)...it would have to be dirt cheap...

Also, I don't know why people think all JDM VIP kits are expensive. They're not when you compare them to German kits (remember, you can't compare a full replacement JDM kit to a "add-on" German kit...compare Apples to Apples...or at least to Pears)....of course, when you compare them to these crappy Honda knock-off kits, they're expensive but look at the class of cars you're comparing...that's like asking why a bottle of vintage Lafite Rothschild (while dining at La Cirque ) costs so much more than a bottle of Strawberry Hill (while dining on Burger King in an apartment in the Crenshaw district)...

Know what I mean?