LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-17, 06:27 PM
Dgoll75
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Already loving my 93. 2 weeks in and I can't wait to get home in my Tundra to go for a ride in the LS. Everyone who ridden in it is amazed it rides so great after 25 years. I got a bunch of goodies on order also to spruce her up....
Attached Thumbnails Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-img_7664.jpg  
Old 07-12-17, 01:31 AM
danzafar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ucf20rat

.....here is what happened when I got bored of the colour of my old LS.....
AMAZEBALLS.

Please, please, PLEASE post more pics.
Old 07-12-17, 12:05 PM
creilly
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by danzafar
AMAZEBALLS.

I'd like to know more too, like why you went this route? It looks pretty good but this isn't a very orthodox look, especially on these cars.
Old 07-14-17, 09:55 AM
EthanS
Pole Position

Received 77 Likes on 55 Posts

Can't say it looks good. It's original, and it doesn't make me gag. Does make me kinda scratch my head though; sometimes thats a good thing but I am still undecided in this case.
Cool photos for sure!
Old 07-15-17, 07:59 PM
Wheel_Man
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Only had time to install front coilovers. Rears go on tomorrow. ☺
Attached Thumbnails Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-20170715_215456.jpg   Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-20170713_221745.jpg  
Old 07-16-17, 04:50 AM
Rokas
Pole Position

Some of you know, I saved a car from going to the junkyard. An acquantaince of mine crashed his '95 at low speed, he hit something with the front. Got the car for $300. It ran like ****, had check engine light on, and you couldn't drive it for more than 5 mins before it would start smoking like a chimney from under the hood. It was coolant.

So, about a grand later, the mechanical problems are fixed. Did everything but PS pump myself. I changed the Coolant Temp Sensor, radiator, have the radiator support that I'll put in once I get a new condenser for the AC. I did the brakes, changed this sludge that was once oil to full synthetic (Mobil I think), cleaned up the interior significantly.

Then I got the new headlight and hood that I needed. Now every broken part has been replaced. Heck, even vacuum lines I switched out because they were dry rotted. No more check engine light - something that has been on for a couple years, I was told.

Here she is. I still need to fix a hinge so the hood sits right and I'm getting a better exhaust, I got fuzzy dice on the way, and I'll paint it eventually.

When I first got it...

Actually it was worse. The hood was so bent that I had to step on it and jump up and down for a while
Old 07-17-17, 06:17 PM
dabrook
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danzafar
AMAZEBALLS.

I second that motion. I think it looks incredibly cool.
Old 07-19-17, 01:18 AM
Moarpower
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

some low quality pics of my 91 celsior.
Attached Thumbnails Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-imag0055.jpg   Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-imag0056.jpg   Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-imag0057.jpg   Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-imag0058.jpg  
Old 07-19-17, 05:41 AM
Rokas
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Moarpower
I like it. It's clean and I love the rim color. Did you paint it? Can I get your opinion? I posted my car above. I'm going to repaint the rims probably the original color because they look worn BUT I was thinking, would gunmetal gray or maybe even a dark purple (I have custom made purple dice and plan on putting a little purple in the interior) look good?

On most cars, no question I would do it. But the LS400 isn't most cars if you get my drift (no pun intended).
Old 07-19-17, 03:21 PM
Moarpower
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rokas
I like it. It's clean and I love the rim color. Did you paint it? Can I get your opinion? I posted my car above. I'm going to repaint the rims probably the original color because they look worn BUT I was thinking, would gunmetal gray or maybe even a dark purple (I have custom made purple dice and plan on putting a little purple in the interior) look good?

On most cars, no question I would do it. But the LS400 isn't most cars if you get my drift (no pun intended).
The DUB badges on the side have to go. Need a heat gun to get them off tho.

I think Dark wheels are a very popular thing at the moment and with good reason. But you also need to think about the contrast. I think chrome wheels on white cars look boring as they blend in to the vehicle body too much.

A viable option is a good quality plasti-dip. cost less than 100 to do 4 wheels and will last a year if you dont grind gutters. It will peel straight off when you are over the color or it is damaged. Painting is still very cheap and easily done.

I say just go for it.

Last edited by Moarpower; 07-19-17 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-19-17, 05:51 PM
creilly
Driver

What's the story with the interior, any idea? That leather color doesn't look like any of the colors offered from factory and I know there certainly weren't any with cream/black interiors like that. Does all the rear seat stuff work properly?

edit: No sunroof on a Type C F Package car? I thought that was included at that trim level.

Last edited by creilly; 07-19-17 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-19-17, 06:17 PM
Moarpower
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by creilly
What's the story with the interior, any idea? That leather color doesn't look like any of the colors offered from factory and I know there certainly weren't any with cream/black interiors like that. Does all the rear seat stuff work properly?

edit: No sunroof on a Type C F Package car? I thought that was included at that trim level.
unfortunately your guess is as good as mine. It was imported from Japan in 2003 as it is now minus the wheels. I would have to assume that it was reupholstered just before it was imported as I have not seen this interior elsewhere. Even in the celsior . All the electrics work except the tape deck but I'll endeavor to get it going also.

Last edited by Moarpower; 07-19-17 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-19-17, 07:15 PM
creilly
Driver

unfortunately your guess is as good as mine. It was imported from Japan in 2003 as it is now minus the wheels. I would have to assume that it was reupholstered just before it was imported as I have not seen this interior elsewhere. Even in the celsior . All the electrics work except the tape deck but I'll endeavor to get it going also.
Interesting, in any case it looks like a high quality job and it's still in good shape after 14 years. And I do enjoy the tape player in these cars, though mine refuses to take any form of aux cable adapter cassette.
Old 07-19-17, 07:28 PM
Moarpower
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by creilly
Interesting, in any case it looks like a high quality job and it's still in good shape after 14 years. And I do enjoy the tape player in these cars, though mine refuses to take any form of aux cable adapter cassette.
It is quite good but certainly has that old car smell about it at the moment. She will be on the road as soon as I can solve this code 31.
Old 07-19-17, 08:41 PM
datucf20
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Reply: Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)