LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-14, 04:17 PM
oldyota
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully this will **** some people off.

Old 10-19-14, 09:17 PM
sid280
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gday from Australia

New to the forum so I thought I better post some photos of my new toy, It's a 1990 UCF10. I won't have my license back for at *least* another 4-5 months so mods will be done in the meantime. Plans are to turn it into a mad-max style drift pig, matte black, steel wheels with dish, maybe some ghetto spec vents etc.

Old 10-19-14, 11:00 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oldyota
Old 10-20-14, 08:53 AM
mccrimmon
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=oldyota;8755556]Hopefully this will **** some people off.

Yeah. I'm pissed my hood doesn't look that dope.
Old 10-20-14, 10:33 AM
PatBroChil
Driver School Candidate

A shot from this weekend at Dubs In the Trees.

Attachment 495972
Old 10-20-14, 07:09 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm only pissed because you beat me to that hood design...

Finally got my windshield banner!

Old 10-21-14, 01:37 PM
LentZebra
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
I'm only pissed because you beat me to that hood design...

Finally got my windshield banner!

Your car is all out of air.
Old 10-21-14, 03:10 PM
mccrimmon
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing you get horrible gas mileage. Love that green though.
Old 10-21-14, 08:07 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Haha, thanks for the compliments Things didn't really go so well on the way back from my first car show... but anywho, it'll be back up and running in a month or so. Accident caused my driver's side tires to blow, along with my driver's side rear strut, so I'll be switching over to my stock suspension for now (I was looking for an excuse to go back to stock, so I can do some more suspension prep, but this wasn't really what I had in mind...).

Old 10-21-14, 08:23 PM
GH5T
Pole Position

Default Ouch

Haha, thanks for the compliments Things didn't really go so well on the way back from my first car show... but anywho, it'll be back up and running in a month or so. Accident caused my driver's side tires to blow, along with my driver's side rear strut, so I'll be switching over to my stock suspension for now (I was looking for an excuse to go back to stock, so I can do some more suspension prep, but this wasn't really what I had in mind...).

I'm glad you're ok. But all this time I thought your car was black. What the heck happened? From the driveway pick it looks as if your tires were slashed.
Old 10-21-14, 08:25 PM
GH5T
Pole Position

Default Shweet

THAT'S F****N HOT!!!!!!
Old 10-21-14, 09:30 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GH5T

I'm glad you're ok. But all this time I thought your car was black. What the heck happened? From the driveway pick it looks as if your tires were slashed.
I wish it was Love the green more, though. If it had a black, or saddle, interior, then I'd be made. Thank you for your concern As for what happened, I was heading southbound when the driver's side tire caught the median and the car veered left. I didn't react fast enough and my car went into the grass and lost control. Ended up panicking and stepping on the gas. Basically spun around into the northbound lane, before finally reversing up onto that sidewalk where you see the car parked.

Car had to be brought back via flatbed, because it was too low. (DISCLAIMER: I'm running UAS bags over OEM replacement struts, right now, and since the strut blew (surprisingly the air spring survived O___O), that side of the car was dumped.) To make matters worse, the rear driver's side tire was blown, and the one that was still good was in the grass, so I had zero traction. The crash itself wasn't that bad, but just really violent, in that the car was spinning and I had no idea where I was going. Thankfully, the road I was on was deserted, otherwise I probably wouldn't be here typing about it... The majority of the damage to the car was probably caused more by the tow truck than the actual spin-out itself.

For now, I'm going to go back to stock struts, and throw on a pair of steelies I'm borrowing from a friend, so I can diagnose any other damage, and repair/replace as necessary. The exhaust took a beating, but that's okay, because it sounds cool I'll be redoing this with 2.5" piping and some new resonators. Probably going to have to buy new inner/outer tie rods, because I think that tow truck pulling me out at a near-90 degree angle probably didn't do anything good for the steering. Definitely going to need a new alignment either way. Car should hopefully be back together by the end of the month. Expect to see it bagged, and on wheels by next summer. I'm going to take a minor hiatus from the low life while I rebuild my trunk (was originally gutted for the air setup) in preparations for "Summer Air 2.0" and so it can handle the new audio accessories I'm throwing in.

Last edited by Sc0pe; 10-21-14 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-21-14, 10:14 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

18" LS 430 wheels and the V8 fender badges no big deal
Attached Thumbnails Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-screen-shot-2014-10-22-at-1.07.32-am.jpg   Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-screen-shot-2014-10-22-at-1.08.03-am.png   Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-screen-shot-2014-10-22-at-1.08.29-am.png   Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-screen-shot-2014-10-22-at-1.08.48-am.jpg  
Old 10-22-14, 12:34 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

I wish it was Love the green more, though. If it had a black, or saddle, interior, then I'd be made. Thank you for your concern As for what happened, I was heading southbound when the driver's side tire caught the median and the car veered left. I didn't react fast enough and my car went into the grass and lost control. Ended up panicking and stepping on the gas. Basically spun around into the northbound lane, before finally reversing up onto that sidewalk where you see the car parked.

Car had to be brought back via flatbed, because it was too low. (DISCLAIMER: I'm running UAS bags over OEM replacement struts, right now, and since the strut blew (surprisingly the air spring survived O___O), that side of the car was dumped.) To make matters worse, the rear driver's side tire was blown, and the one that was still good was in the grass, so I had zero traction. The crash itself wasn't that bad, but just really violent, in that the car was spinning and I had no idea where I was going. Thankfully, the road I was on was deserted, otherwise I probably wouldn't be here typing about it... The majority of the damage to the car was probably caused more by the tow truck than the actual spin-out itself.

For now, I'm going to go back to stock struts, and throw on a pair of steelies I'm borrowing from a friend, so I can diagnose any other damage, and repair/replace as necessary. The exhaust took a beating, but that's okay, because it sounds cool I'll be redoing this with 2.5" piping and some new resonators. Probably going to have to buy new inner/outer tie rods, because I think that tow truck pulling me out at a near-90 degree angle probably didn't do anything good for the steering. Definitely going to need a new alignment either way. Car should hopefully be back together by the end of the month. Expect to see it bagged, and on wheels by next summer. I'm going to take a minor hiatus from the low life while I rebuild my trunk (was originally gutted for the air setup) in preparations for "Summer Air 2.0" and so it can handle the new audio accessories I'm throwing in.
could have been much worse if the curb was actually raised and not sloped as i see it. could have even flipped depending on speed. glad you are safe and sound man!

did the rear tires pop? wheel damaged? a blown strut should still be able to air up no? unless the perches were sheared off.
Old 10-22-14, 02:41 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
could have been much worse if the curb was actually raised and not sloped as i see it. could have even flipped depending on speed. glad you are safe and sound man!

did the rear tires pop? wheel damaged? a blown strut should still be able to air up no? unless the perches were sheared off.
Yeah... I guess it's because I somehow managed to keep it under control (control while spinning? I know, it sounds really silly too lol).

Driver's side front and rear tires blew. Not sure about wheel damage, since I have yet to take them off of the car, but there is some curb rash on them. It's the rear strut, so I think the strut shaft actually bent. I mean, I fill the bag up with air, even up to max - the pressure holds, but that corner doesn't lift... Had the bag been damaged, or I blew out a line, then the pressure wouldn't be holding.

Quick Reply: Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)