LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Almost Owned by not 1, but 2 Deer!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-07, 06:24 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost Owned by not 1, but 2 Deer!!!

Well, I was on my way to work today, this fine sunny Sunday morning. I'm coming around a curve, and ahead, I see 2 animals off on my right side fighting/scuffling with each other. At first, I thought it was 2 dogs, but as I get closer, I see that they are 2 deer. Uh oh, I think to myself as I start slowing down. This could be real bad. Sure enough, just as I get to within 10 feet of them, they both decide to run out right in front of me. OH CRAP!!! Fortunately, I had begun slowing down, and I slammed on the brakes and just missed them (rather, they just missed me, heheh). I thought they were gonna run right into me. Mind you, I had just gotten the LS out of the body shop after rolling the fenders, re-aligning the rear bumper, and paint matching the front, side skirts and rear bumpers!! Anyway, they both pass me from right to left, then they split up. I start back on my way, and one of them starts sprinting the same direction I'm going, then starts accelerating. Oh heck no!!!! Is she challenging me to a race?! Well, not wanting the deer to run in front of me again, and not wanting to get owned by a deer, I punch it and pull away. She was doing pretty good up til 20mph, cuz she got the drop on me, but in the end, Bambi got OWNED!!!! So, I guess I killed a deer after all, heheh!!!

Last edited by veritek; 10-14-07 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-14-07, 06:38 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Default Bambi got Owned!!

This is an LS story, but just wanted to share with my GS brothers. Well, I was on my way to work today, this fine sunny Sunday morning. I'm coming around a curve, and ahead, I see 2 animals off on my right side fighting/scuffling with each other. At first, I thought it was 2 dogs, but as I get closer, I see that they are 2 deer. Uh oh, I think to myself as I start slowing down. This could be real bad. Sure enough, just as I get to within 10 feet of them, they both decide to run out right in front of me. OH CRAP!!! Fortunately, I had begun slowing down, and I slammed on the brakes and just missed them (rather, they just missed me, heheh). I thought they were gonna run right into me. Mind you, I had just gotten the LS out of the body shop after rolling the fenders, re-aligning the rear bumper, and paint matching the front, side skirts and rear bumpers!! Anyway, they both pass me from right to left, then they split up. I start back on my way, and one of them starts sprinting the same direction I'm going, then starts accelerating. Oh heck no!!!! Is she challenging me to a race?! Well, not wanting the deer to run in front of me again, and not wanting to get owned by a deer, I punch it and pull away. She was doing pretty good up til 20mph, cuz she got the drop on me, but in the end, Bambi got OWNED!!!! So, I guess I killed a deer after all, heheh!!!

Last edited by veritek; 10-14-07 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-14-07, 07:09 AM
TonY_G
Driver

lol... good story..

should have tapped that with the celly camera
Old 10-14-07, 07:29 AM
timer00
Pole Position

now thats a funny story.. especially you were just out of the body shop that would have blown the big one hitting some deer. nice KILL !
Old 10-14-07, 08:01 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice "kill" story...LOL

Last edited by bluelex; 10-14-07 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-14-07, 08:04 AM
gobears
Pole Position

thanks for sharing. good story
Old 10-14-07, 09:13 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bluelex
Nice "kill" story...LOL
You know Adrian, come to think of it, this was technically my first "kill" in the LS, bwahahaha!!
Old 10-14-07, 09:15 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by timer00
now thats a funny story.. especially you were just out of the body shop that would have blown the big one hitting some deer. nice KILL !
Yeah, the LS got it's first kill. Now I'll have to put a deer silhoutte on the side, heheh.
Old 10-14-07, 10:12 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

lol...well its good to hear the LS didnt suffer any damage.
Old 10-14-07, 10:35 AM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

lol. score one for the LS.
Old 10-14-07, 10:42 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Next prey is the cheetah
Old 10-14-07, 11:03 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow, I was expecting you to say you hit the deer...then I would ask for some deer Jerky but nice "kill" none the less
Old 10-14-07, 11:41 AM
greyBLITZ
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't even know what to say to this hilarious story, it is absolutely awesome!
Old 10-14-07, 12:41 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Amusing.

When ever I see eyeball reflections, I slow down...law of Murphy...they will run out right in front of you.

I dunno where this vid came from...a buddy sent it to me and I've put it on my site for now. A vid of a deer running onto a race course and getting air after being picked up by the race car. It is graphic but not gory...just imagine a deer going flying:

http://www.michaelfongphotography.co..._volante-H.wmv

(I"ll keep this there for the next 2 days.)
Old 10-14-07, 12:57 PM
pfantom68
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Video seems fake... but that's a whole another topic.

Anyways, the previous owners of my LS nailed a deer. I never got many details on the accident, but either it was really bad, or really minor. I know one of the headlight assemblies is ushed back, and my fender is dented, but I wouldn't be suprised if the whole hood, grille and other headlight are not original.

Quick Reply: Almost Owned by not 1, but 2 Deer!!!