ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000-183/)
-   -   FINALLY, Pictures of the new paint job! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/302109-finally-pictures-of-the-new-paint-job.html)

RA40 08-24-07 06:30 PM

Looks good! :thumbup:

Dutch 08-25-07 12:00 PM

very nice color.
agreed on the wheels and drop to make this car the SEX

LSfour 12-19-07 09:56 AM

do you mind giving us an idea how much it cost for the body and paint job? and how long it took? thanks! really impressive!

Sportznuts 12-19-07 10:43 AM

Love the choice of color. One thing I think is pretty rare to hear on this forum is new paint jobs. Yours turned out very well and I'm curious how much it cost you. I assume you didn't go to Magic Paint.

I know most say drop it and get some new rims. I happen to really like those rims. I have those same rims on my 1991 LS400. Very classy.

19psi 12-19-07 11:28 AM

great color!

shern 12-19-07 12:23 PM

Hawt Damn. What does something like that cost?

miniround 12-19-07 12:27 PM

.t. .i. .n. .t.

LiCelsior 12-19-07 12:33 PM

i think something happened to his freshly painted car. i remember he posted something like that but i dunno what the details are.

charley240 12-19-07 12:36 PM

looks good, but do you notice any color shifting on the hood. i ask because the last pic you showed with the hood up and picture taken from right side, it looks as if the silver shows through.
nonetheless, looks outstanding. such a nice color.
Charley

Suneet 12-19-07 01:47 PM

Yeah I ended up scratching the left rear quarter panel pretty badly. I got it fixed about a month ago though :) Cost me another grand or so!

The original paint job cost me around $4K including parts (those chrome mouldings are expensive)... and that was a hookup price. The entire process took about 2 months. There was extensive body work that needed to be done.

I haven't noticed any color fading yet, but I'm not entirely sure. I now live in Seattle, WA instead of sunny California.. and we haven't seen the sun much. It rains so much out here that the car is rarely clean on the outside anyways.

In spring time I plan on getting the car polished and buffed to really bring out the color, I'll post updated pics then :)

Thanks a lot for the kind comments!

Suneet 12-19-07 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by charley240 (Post 3135892)
looks good, but do you notice any color shifting on the hood. i ask because the last pic you showed with the hood up and picture taken from right side, it looks as if the silver shows through.
nonetheless, looks outstanding. such a nice color.
Charley

That's not the silver showing through, that's the mica in the paint shining with the sun's reflection.

At night time, it looks like a uniform grey/graphite/"light black". Most people think it's a black car at night. But when the sun hits it, the mica in the paint really shines and sparkles.

avalon42 12-19-07 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Suneet (Post 3136069)
I haven't noticed any color fading yet, but I'm not entirely sure. I now live in Seattle, WA instead of sunny California.. and we haven't seen the sun much. It rains so much out here that the car is rarely clean on the outside anyways.

Told you. :p

Seattle :thumbdn:

They can't tear me away from So Cal now. Do you work in software Suneet?

Suneet 12-20-07 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by avalon42 (Post 3137235)
Told you. :p

Seattle :thumbdn:

They can't tear me away from So Cal now. Do you work in software Suneet?

Yep, I work at Microsoft. Only reason I moved up here :p

nthach 12-20-07 12:10 AM

NICE!

You're gonna put my car to shame, I painted my LS over the summer and preping the car was a royal PITA, and I butchered the door-quarter panel blend. Are you going to bring it to EOS if it happens?

Bali26 12-20-07 12:46 AM

Nice car. Don't change a thing no matter what anybody says.