LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Help! I need a part number for the FAN BRACKET

Old 12-02-06, 11:33 AM
turbosix
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help! I need a part number for the FAN BRACKET

this seized on my 92 LS...

what is it called? i cant find it on the park place lexus parts catalog so I can order it...

thought it was my water pump going out..
Old 12-02-06, 03:49 PM
alsalih
Rookie

Try the below link. It's called the clutch fan mount bracket. They don't show a picture but that's what it is. I would also call Park Place and verify it with them.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...92&catalogid=2
Old 12-04-06, 10:06 PM
damon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

16307-50011 Bracket Support for Fan
Old 12-16-06, 08:12 AM
turbosix
Pole Position

thank you both!
Old 02-04-07, 02:44 PM
Bri-Guy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you determine that it was just this fan bracket and not the water pump? I ask this because my car was running fine, but it started making a clank noise, so I took in into the shop and they want to charge me $700 for replacing the water pump.
Old 02-07-07, 04:17 PM
turbosix
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bri-Guy
How did you determine that it was just this fan bracket and not the water pump? I ask this because my car was running fine, but it started making a clank noise, so I took in into the shop and they want to charge me $700 for replacing the water pump.
the car was making a horrible noise at first but it was random.. i let it idle one day and it made the noise for awhile then went away, it came back..

so i just looked down into the engine bay to see if i could pinpoint it. the fan bracket would oscillate when the car made the horrible noise and then stop once the noise stopped.

coming from an older GM performance background, I assumed the fan was bolted to the water pump, so I just went and bought the pump and a timing belt for the weekend, then the pulley seized and shredded my belt, so I had the car towed home and after looking at the water pump, i was like, WTF these are two seperate parts

I got excited because I didnt feel like doing the wp/tb combo....

until I realized the freaking fan bracket cost $70 more than the WP and you have to take off nearly the same things just to get to the fan bracket.

Basically, its a WP/TB job minus the cam covers (you have to unbolt them but not remove them), minus the main engine pulley and the idler pullies, and then of course the water pump and tming belt...
Old 02-09-07, 11:39 AM
Lexushead
Driver

I replace mine with a used fan and bracket. Cost = $35.00. Look for used one in salvage yards.
Old 02-15-09, 04:30 PM
91LS400LEX
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats how mine did. It was a faint knocking sound at idle for about a year. I thought it was my power steering pump since I had so much trouble with it. Then one night, out of nowhere and without any warning while setting in the drive-thru the thing started knocking violently like the engine was flying apart. I had to drive home 11 miles with this thing grinding and knocking.

Yeah, I am upset too, because the t-belt and waterpump was changed around 17K miles ago. Had I known this was a item that goes out I would have changed it then.

Stupid that this bracket is as hard to get to as the water pump and its even more expensive. Another part, another way for the dealer to make money.

Originally Posted by turbosix
the car was making a horrible noise at first but it was random.. i let it idle one day and it made the noise for awhile then went away, it came back..

so i just looked down into the engine bay to see if i could pinpoint it. the fan bracket would oscillate when the car made the horrible noise and then stop once the noise stopped.

I got excited because I didnt feel like doing the wp/tb combo....

until I realized the freaking fan bracket cost $70 more than the WP and you have to take off nearly the same things just to get to the fan bracket.

Basically, its a WP/TB job minus the cam covers (you have to unbolt them but not remove them), minus the main engine pulley and the idler pullies, and then of course the water pump and tming belt...
Originally Posted by Lexushead
I replace mine with a used fan and bracket. Cost = $35.00. Look for used one in salvage yards.

I would go with a used one, but knowing my luck a used one would go out on me and I would have to go through all of that mess of changing it out again.
Old 02-19-09, 10:17 PM
91LS400LEX
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am getting mine changed next weekend. Part $165 and labor $120.
Old 12-26-10, 06:35 PM
dangls400
Driver School Candidate

hey guys, first post, does anybody know the torque rating on the fan blade bolts to the clutch and the clutch to the fan bracket, and sorry the fan bracket to the block, there's a great tutorial swimming around but nothing on this bracket. any info would be great.
Old 12-26-10, 08:45 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 293 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Bri-Guy
well if the water pump does need to be changed, you have to basically take apart the front of the car and do a full timing belt-style job.